Lindsay Davenport Selling Her Houses - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 27th, 2009, 10:25 PM   #16
tennnisfannn

tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lindsay Davenport Selling Her Houses

she needs to come and play tennis soon.
Advertisement

Old Feb 27th, 2009, 10:47 PM   #17
DA FOREHAND

DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by woosey View Post
i don't understand why anyone assumes that lindsay, or anyone else in her position is necessarily very very wealthy or have that kind of untouchable wealth that say a warren buffet or bill gates have.

wealthy people do overextend themselves and this is a case where she probably did. trust me. almost nobody would happily sell two properties right now unless they really had to.

the economy is in the toilet, home prices are down significantly (esp. in california), unemployment in ca is more than 10%, etc.

imo, unloading two properties in these times is almost like a distress sale. not saying she is broke, but obviously, she can't afford the properties.

she's also asking too much. i'd like to see what they sale for. ca real estate has lost more well more than 20% of its "value" in some places.
lindsay probably could be considered rich. Buffet and Gates are WEALTHY

"And for the best of the teen-agers who followed her, and who occasionally referred to her as over the hill, Graf had a ready answer: against top-ranked Martina Hingis, Graf wound up 7-2. Graf's stirring 4-6, 7-5, 6-2 throttling of Hingis at the French Open final this June was perhaps the most emphatic parting shot the game has ever seen. "

DA FOREHAND is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2009, 03:34 AM   #18
country flag Lindsayfan32

Lindsayfan32 has a brilliant future Lindsayfan32 has a brilliant future Lindsayfan32 has a brilliant future Lindsayfan32 has a brilliant future Lindsayfan32 has a brilliant future Lindsayfan32 has a brilliant future Lindsayfan32 has a brilliant future Lindsayfan32 has a brilliant future Lindsayfan32 has a brilliant future Lindsayfan32 has a brilliant future Lindsayfan32 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennnisfannn View Post
she needs to come and play tennis soon.
Nah retire and become a full time commentator. Either way she darn good at both. Maybe even be a part time player and a part time commentator.
Lindsayfan32 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2009, 04:50 AM   #19
country flag madlove

madlove is a name known to all madlove is a name known to all madlove is a name known to all madlove is a name known to all madlove is a name known to all madlove is a name known to all madlove is a name known to all madlove is a name known to all madlove is a name known to all madlove is a name known to all madlove is a name known to all

geez woman. just retire officially!
madlove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2009, 05:22 AM   #20
country flag mckyle.

mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute

So at least $12 million in the houses (probably more since anyone selling a house in these times is selling for a loss) for a pro tennis player and a banker? Don't know what Lindsay was thinking... I know she made a lot in endorsements, but she should have known that it was going to be tight making those payments.
mckyle. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 04:42 AM   #21
country flag knoxt

knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold

Good god, i found this thread!
knoxt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 04:50 AM   #22
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

I want.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 04:52 AM   #23
country flag thegreendestiny

thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute

Is the US economy really that bad these days that people are selling their houses?
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 04:56 AM   #24
country flag Tennisation

Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute

Girl must be strapping for cash to fund her Juvederm injections.
Tennisation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 05:44 AM   #25
country flag LadyLil

LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of

California property values must be really low right now. First Serena selling her condo for just under $2 million and Lindsay is selling two of her homes for not much more than she paid for them. As someone said the strategy is to price high. The actual selling price would be less.

People should keep in mind that children are expensive and eat up any discretionary funds you think you have. I'm not saying this is the case with Lindsay but a lot goes into selling property like this. I know Pete Sampras was selling his home a couple of years ago. These things happen.
LadyLil is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 06:11 AM   #26
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLil View Post
California property values must be really low right now. First Serena selling her condo for just under $2 million and Lindsay is selling two of her homes for not much more than she paid for them. As someone said the strategy is to price high. The actual selling price would be less.

People should keep in mind that children are expensive and eat up any discretionary funds you think you have. I'm not saying this is the case with Lindsay but a lot goes into selling property like this. I know Pete Sampras was selling his home a couple of years ago. These things happen.
This thread was created in February 2009.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote