News, Articles, Updates, Interviews, ... - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 8th, 2009, 01:37 AM   #16
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: News, Articles, Updates, Interviews, ...

Ági won the Hungarian derby

4th seeded Ági Szávay and wild card player Kati Marosi were the highlight of the day.

It was the first match between the two Hungarian National player and though Ági had a better chance for the triumph, Kati was also in a good form as she reached the final of a 25K event last week.

Ági is aiming for the final victory in her home tournament and she showed her strength in the first set which she won by 6-1. The second set went to Ági as well, so with a 61 61 victory she's in the second round now where she will play against the winner of the match between Garbin and Fichman.

Meanwhile Swiss Timea Bacsinszky upset 7th seeded Italian Sara Errani (57 64 60) and fellow qualifier Croatian Petra Martic also made a surprise win over 8th seed Lucie Safarova (76(5) 60).

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 8th, 2009, 07:16 PM   #17
country flag SzAFC

SzAFC is just really nice SzAFC is just really nice SzAFC is just really nice SzAFC is just really nice SzAFC is just really nice SzAFC is just really nice SzAFC is just really nice SzAFC is just really nice SzAFC is just really nice SzAFC is just really nice SzAFC is just really nice

Post-match interview with Ági: http://szavayagi.hu/video/

Translation:

So hard part's over, because you won the first match at GDF Suez Grand Prix. It is said that the first match is the hardest.
I think the hardest match is always the one that you play. I am happy that I played well, I think it was a high-quality match, and for sure I can go to sleep tonight relieved.

Honestly, were you nervous before the match?
Uh, I was very nervous, because I have very bad memories from last year's tournament, so I was really nervous. I prepared hard for this match, much harder than usual.

Looking at the score, it seems that it was an easy match. What do you think?
I think there were a few games that were very close, and the score doesn't really reflect the match. But Kata was playing well and me too, so I think it was an entertaining match with great rallies.

Besides playing well, it was good to see that you really wanted to win and you were focused.
Yes, but I don't really know what seemed different, and I am happy that I looked more positive than ususal. I think I was just as determined as always.

What was the most positive thing for you during this match?
That I could do those things that we were practicing last week and it worked out well.

What does this win mean to you besides reaching 2nd round? You will play Garbin, who defeated you at the US Open last year. Does this win make you confident?
Yes, it does a little, and I am very happy about this win, happier than about any other wins in other parts of the world. I think every day is a hard day, and every day you have to go out there. I don't think that the next match will be any easier. Although I passed the first "test" and it's good, but I think the next match will be just as hard. If I can get over my fears and nervousness, than I can play well. And if it happened today, then it can happen tomorrow too.

How did you feel that so many people came out and supported you? It seemed that the crowds were a little puzzled because there were two Hungarians on court.
Yes, I think it was strange for them and they didn't want to root against Kata. But I think they were great and they supported both of us, so it was fair.

As for the doubles, how did you feel on court?
Although we were both very nervous and neither of us played well, I really enjoyed it, because it was a great dream for us to play together. It was a great feeling that I had my sister standing beside me on court.

Well, it is not over yet.
No, it is absolutely not over, even though the first set is almost finished and we probably can't turn that one around, but I think we could win the second set. And after that, in doubles, there is a match tie-break, so it is not impossible that we win the match.
http://www.szavayagi-fanclub.hu/forum/

One world. One game. One club. One player.
SzAFC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 11:49 PM   #18
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Old Jul 9th, 2009, 12:23 PM   #19
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

God, why is she so nervous I sort of understand, but this is way too much, almost Safina-ish.
iGOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 10:08 PM   #20
country flag hellas719

Szavay struggles to beat Garbin

I didn’t play well at the beginning of the match and thus, my opponent took a 4-0 lead. Fortunately, I managed to reverse the first set. Then, in the second set, I was leading 5-3 and had the chance to win the set but I played a very bad game. After that, she was lucky with shots touching the border lines and that was it for the second set. In the final set, I think we both struggled a lot.

How much did the spectators help? Or was it rather depressing to play on a Hungarian court?

They were of great help. They supported me in the difficult situations also and that meant a lot for me. These people deserve a lot of thanks and I hope there will even be more people on Friday.

There were a lot of unforced errors in your play. How can you avoid these at the next match?

Garbin is a player who makes really few mistakes and returns everything. It is very difficult to play against her and making mistakes. It was me who had to make more initiatives. True, I made a lot of unforced errors but I managed to come out well from the important situations.

Your next opponent is Timea Bacsinszky – a Hungarian representing Switzerland.

It will be very difficult to play against her, since she is basically Hungarian, her parents are Hungarian, true, she was raised in Switzerland. In addition, we are very good friends. Now, what I try to do is regenerate and get enough strength after this very long match. I’ll try to do my best tomorrow.

Old Jul 11th, 2009, 12:34 AM   #21
country flag hellas719

Hungary’s Ágnes Szávay in the semifinal after beating Swiss-Hungarian Tímea Bacsinszky

The day before, I had a fairly long match and I got pretty tired. However, I managed to regenerate for this encounter, I felt good during the match. Tímea is a very nice girl, she said I played well. We are good friends. Next time we meet will be at a tournament in the United States.

Your opponent in the semifinal is the Ukrainian Alona Bondarenko.

She is a very good player, a tough opponent. I think she is in good form, she played good matches at this tournament, defeating good players. Still, I have to think of myself and my game in the semifinal. If I play well, I definitely have a chance to beat her.

You were more aggressive and more precise during this quarterfinal match than in the previous matches, you had lots of good runs for the ball.

I also think that I played much better and in a more balanced way than in the previous matches and I made much fewer unforced errors, as well. Perhaps, I played a bit hastily early in the second set, I very much wanted to win points quickly. That is something I should pay more attention to, not make such mistakes

Old Jul 12th, 2009, 03:06 AM   #22
country flag hellas719

Ágnes Szávay: the semifinal was my shortest but most difficult match

Hungary’s top tennis player took part at a short press conference after winning her semifinal against Ukraine’s Alona Bondarenko

Perhaps, I have felt psychologically that this has been my most difficult match of the tournament. I really wanted to win this match and I had a bad feeling from two years ago when I lost in the semifinal here against [the Argentine] Dulko. Now, I really wanted to show that yes, I can qualify for the final and even win the tournament. Perhaps, I put too much burden on myself. Well, I am glad I could produce some good tennis.

How could this match be so easy for you? Was it you who played well, or was it Bondarenko who played worse than she usually does?

I believe I played the way she doesn’t like. That is why she made a lot of errors and could not play tennis the way she likes, a game of low shots. She made a lot of mistakes because I did not hit the ball where she would have liked.

In the final, probably even more people will turn out to support you. Would that mean more burden for you?

Well, I will try to prepare for the final as I did for today’s semifinal. I hope I will not be as excited as today and will enjoy the game more. I hope I can play well.

Old Aug 12th, 2009, 09:37 PM   #23
country flag hellas719

Doubles with Razzano at the US Open

Old Aug 12th, 2009, 11:33 PM   #24
country flag hellas719

Nem sikerült megállítani Pennettát
2009-08-12 - Az olasz bombázó túl erős volt Áginak
Búcsúzott a kétmillió dolláros kemény pályás tenisztornától Szávay Ági Cincinnatiban, ahol két szettben maradt alul 6:2, 6:4-re a bombaformában lévő olasz Flavia Pennettától a második fordulóban egy óra harminckilenc percnyi játék után. Az első szettben nem hagyott sok esélyt az itáliai, aki a folytatásban brékhátrányból fordítva győzedelmeskedett.

A múlt héten Los Angelesben tornagyőzelemig jutó Flavia Pennetta legyőzése kemény diónak ígérkezett Szávay Ági számára.

Ha üggyel-bajjal is, de mindketten hozták első adogatójátékukat, ezután azonban megtáltosodott az olasz, brékelt, s kisvártatva már 5:1-es vezetésnek örülhetett. Ági kozmetikázni tudott az eredményen, de 6:2-vel beadta a derekát az első szettben.

Nem kezdődött jól a második felvonás sem a magyar lány szempontjából, rögtön első adogatójátékát elveszítette. Össze kellett kapnia magát, s ez sikerült is, a brékhátrányt brékelőnyre varázsolta (3:1-re vezetett), de nem tudta ráhúzni Pennettára a vízes lepedőt. Az olasz feltámadt, s egy maratoni gémben 4:4-nél, Ági kettőshibájának is köszönhetően már ő került lépéselőnybe, hogy aztán két bréklabdát hárítva hozza mindent eldöntő szervagémjét.

A dél-olaszországi származású teniszezőnő félelmetes formában van, Wimbledon óta 17 mérkőzéséből 16-ot megnyert. Nagyon közel van ahhoz, hogy ő lehessen Itália első top tizes játékosa a WTA Touron.
WESTERN & SOUTHERN FINANCIAL GROUP WOMEN'S OPEN –
WTA-TORNA, CINCINNATI, KÉTMILLIÓ DOLLÁR ÖSSZDÍJAZÁS, KEMÉNY PÁLYA
NŐI EGYES, 2. FORDULÓ
Szávay Ági (magyar)–Flavia Pennetta (olasz, 14.) 2:6, 4:6

Old Aug 12th, 2009, 11:33 PM   #25
country flag hellas719

Can someone translate it?

Old Aug 13th, 2009, 05:15 AM   #26
country flag Hakapeszi

Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future
Re: News, Articles, Updates about Agi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
Can someone translate it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by seltorin View Post
It is not worth it. There is nothing personal in these articles, just numbers, facts from the livescore. This is the Hungarian sport journalism. It's a shame writing an article based on livescore without any additional information.
Yes, they can't say real news to tennisforum posters. But otherwise it can be useful to avarage people.

"Fine words." Tyrion was unimpressed. "Words are wind. Who is this bloody savior?"
"A dragon." The cheesemonger saw the look on his face at that, and laughed. "A dragon with three heads."
Hakapeszi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2009, 12:30 PM   #27
country flag Hakapeszi

Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future

Ági said

after Radwanska match

"Kemény meccs volt, jól játszottunk mind a ketten. A fontos pillanatokban jól döntöttem és jól játszottam meg azokat a pontokat. Minden gém nagyon szoros volt, azért is brékeltük egymást annyiszor oda-vissza.
Sok pozitív oldala volt a mérkőzésnek, nem tudnám kiemelni a játék egyetlen részét sem, amire azt mondhatnám, hogy nagyon jól ment, de igazán gyenge pontom sem akadt, jó átlagot hoztam.
Nem nagyon ismertem Urszulát, bár a nővérével nagyon jóban vagyok vele soha nem edzettem. Meglepett a játéka: nagyon benn áll a pályán, nem üt nagyot, de korán megüti a labdát és az ellenfél erejét használja. Rögtön irányítani próbál, remekül mozog és kiváló az anticipációja. Hasonló a tenisze, mint a testvérének. Biztos vagyok benne, Agneszka nagyon akarta, hogy nyerjen a húga és segítette őt, felkészítette ellenem.

Los Angeles után jól sikerült a felkészülésem, illetve jól sikerült volna, ha nem kapok el egy vírust. Alig tudtunk edzeni, a felkészülés a túlélésre ment, hogy egyáltalán tudjak játszani. Rengeteget fájt a fejem, a torkom és gyakran szédültem. Ráadásul Cincinnatiban nagyon meleg van. Azért remélem, hogy szerdáig tovább javul az állapotom és Pennetta ellen sikerül jól játszanom.

Tudom, nagyon jó formában van, de egy megnyert verseny után nem egyszerű újra jól játszani. Legutóbb Madridban én győztem, de a salak egészen más. Ő is olyan játékos, aki minden borításon jó. De nekem magammal kell foglalkoznom, arra kell koncentrálnom, hogy én jól játsszam"- magyarázta Ági.

after Penetta match

"Nagyon színvonalas meccs volt. Az elején röviden teniszeztem és így ő könnyen tudott irányítani, pontot ütni. Az első szettben 1:4-nél behívtam Karl-Heinzet a pályára, bár akkor is nagyon jó labdameneteket játszottunk, csak én jöttem ki belőlük rosszul.

Pennetta végig nagyon jól játszott, nem volt könnyű ellene, alig hibázott. Ezzel együtt nyerhettem volna, de a lehetőségeimet nem használtam ki úgy, mint Urszula Radwanska ellen. Persze ebben biztos, ő is benne volt, mert a kritikus pillanatokban gyakran extrákat ütött és időnként szerencséjére sem panaszkodhatott. Azt hittem, kicsit fáradtabb lesz a múlt heti tornagyőzelme után, de nagyon jól mozgott.

A második szettben 3:1-re és 4:2-re is vezettem, több gémet buktam el 30:0-ról, 4:4-nél nagyon hosszú, szoros gémet vesztettem.

Összességében jobban ment a játék, mint kedden, kiegyensúlyozottabban teniszeztem. Nagyon jó felkészülési meccs volt a US Openre. Ahhoz képest, hogy betegeskedtem nagyon jó, hogy nyertem egy meccset, nagyon jól küzdöttem és a játék is jól ment. Szóval többé-kevésbé elégedett vagyok. Dolgozunk tovább, remélem, Torontóban a jövő héten még sikeresebb leszek.

Szerencsére egészségileg sokkal jobban vagyok, már nem fáj a torkom, de még mindig szedek gyógyszereket”- mondta Ági, aki örül Kim Clijsters visszatérésének, mert jó a korábbi világelső belgát újra pályán látni és nagyon kedves, közvetlen lány.

"Fine words." Tyrion was unimpressed. "Words are wind. Who is this bloody savior?"
"A dragon." The cheesemonger saw the look on his face at that, and laughed. "A dragon with three heads."
Hakapeszi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2009, 04:34 PM   #28
country flag hellas719

Thanks

Old Aug 15th, 2009, 10:17 PM   #29
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

Agi will partner Razzano in USO doubles
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2009, 11:11 PM   #30
country flag hellas719

Look at post #23