The "anything but Agi" thread - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 8th, 2009, 11:16 PM   #16
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: <<<<<Agi's Off-Topic Thread>>>>>

Cyprus won
Slovakia lost
I really wanted them to do better, since I like how the Slovak's are so passionate about DC
The US won
Serbia lost
I like all the Serbian ATP Players. They're very likable

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 10th, 2009, 03:14 PM   #17
country flag #kArLoS#
Who knows where the time goes

#kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute

ATP IW MD out today...
#kArLoS# is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 07:04 PM   #18
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

^Baghdatis withdrew
He said he wanted to spend more time home and it wouldn't make sense to go home just for DC as he was just in the U.S. for 3 weeks

Old Mar 10th, 2009, 07:52 PM   #19
country flag #kArLoS#
Who knows where the time goes

#kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
^Baghdatis withdrew
He said he wanted to spend more time home and it wouldn't make sense to go home just for DC as he was just in the U.S. for 3 weeks
#kArLoS# is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 02:03 AM   #20
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
^Baghdatis withdrew
iGOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2009, 11:43 PM   #21
country flag hellas719

So, who do you guys think will win Indian Wells? Men and women?
Based on my FITD's, I said Federer and Jankovic.
On the mens sides, I can only see Nadal or Federer winning it. If anything, Djokovic, Murray, or Roddick
As for the women, Dementieva, Jankovic, and Safina seem like the favorites.
For surprises, I'd say Fish on the men's side and Vaidisova on the women's side. How about you guys?

Old Mar 13th, 2009, 12:44 AM   #22
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Elena Dementieva and Andy Murray I think
Old Mar 17th, 2009, 12:43 AM   #23
country flag hellas719

I know that you guys probably know nothing about Greek tennis, but we will host an atp challenger from april 6th-12th, and I am very curious to see what will happen with the wc's. last year, 1 was given to martin verkerk of the netherlands (he won it, but it was a complete waste of a wc, since he retired out of nowhere like henin later on last year), and three to greek players. economidis got one, but he was seeded, since his doctor told him he wasn't healthy enough, he didn't enter, and then the doctor told him he was doing much better and was ready to play. alex jakupovic got one, and paris gemouchidis (2005 orange bowl finalist;great junior career and is now 20 and out of top 1500) got one, mainly b/c he had a decent rank back then. another greek, vasilis mazarakis was directly in the MD, but withdrew due to injury

Now, Marcos Baghdatis will be directly in the MD
Economidis came back last week, and would've gotten a PR for the event if he just waited. he's expected to get a wche will play dc the week of the other greek challenger
Mazarakis promised us last year that he will play this year, but he hasn't played since june, and i don't know what his PR is, but the event got upgraded, so it might not be high enough
Alex Jakupovic is sure to get one, as he will miss our other challenger later that month due to davis cup duty.
Dimitris Kleftakos had a decent junior career and barely played last year, but he is still very young so he probably has school and stuff and he is switching his papers and will represent greece now
Paris Gemouchidis might get one again
Veteran Nikos Rovas reached QR3 last year as a QWC, and lost 7/5 in the third in QR3. He is unranked, but he does so much for greek tennis, and he runs an academy in athens
Juniors such as Konstantinos Mikos, Charalampos Kapogiannis, and AO junior finalist Alexandros Georgoudas(greek-born but moved to germany for training purposes when he was 16 and is now 18. expected to represent greece). However, Georgoudas was the only player to recieve a WC so far, but it was a QWC
Greek-Cypriot Photos Kallias might also get one.

The problem with the Rhodes Challenger interfering with DC is a big issue. The Greek futures in May not taking place is another big thing

Basically, Greece has so many problems atm with tennis, as ITF women's and men's tournaments have been cut from the calendar this year, and the four highest ranked players, as well as other lower ranked players were all injured for long periods of time last year, and suffered big losses in the rankings, ranging from 100-800 spots

It sucks. It really does

Old Mar 17th, 2009, 01:38 AM   #24
country flag iGOAT

At least the Greek WTA is OK (meaning okay as pretty lame, but not horrible)

I don't follow most, but I like Christina Horiatopolous, Baghdatis, and Gemouchidis

And I am half Greek
Old Mar 17th, 2009, 02:14 AM   #25
country flag hellas719

This has been an ongoing issue in the 8,000+post "Greek Tennis New Year" chat thread on MTF
We are so concerned that the men are producing such terrible results
How do you know Gemouchidis? Did you hear about him in juniors or something?

Also, what part of Greece are you from? Just curious

Old Mar 17th, 2009, 02:36 AM   #26
country flag hellas719

iSzavay., I know that you said you like Gemouchidis, and you are a member on MTF, so here is his thread:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=115018

Old Mar 19th, 2009, 11:40 PM   #27
country flag hellas719

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSzavay. View Post
At least the Greek WTA is OK (meaning okay as pretty lame, but not horrible)

I don't follow most, but I like Christina Horiatopolous, Baghdatis, and Gemouchidis

And I am half Greek
Now, I wouldn't even consider the Greek 'WTA' okay.
It's more like the Greek 'ITF Women's Circuit' if you ask me

-Anna Gerasimou just beat Kerber in straight sets and then loses to Fujiwara 6-1 6-0
-Eleni Daniilidou is useless now
-Only 5 women are ranked; 6 in doubles but Anna Koumantou is taking a break from tennis to study in London, so there goes doubles for us
-There are 3 ITF's in Greece every March (2 10ks and one 50k) but this year they aren't doing them so everyone is losing a lot of ground in the rankings
-We will enter the Fed Cup EA GIII this season for the first time ever
-Players keep getting injured
-Stamatia Fafaliou's mental game is 10x worse than Kuzzy's

Old Mar 19th, 2009, 11:50 PM   #28
country flag hellas719

The men on the other hand are having their own problems

-Like the women, they will head to EA GIII
-None of the men are interested in DC now
-So many of our best players are old (late 20s and 30s), and our youngsters can't live up to their expectations
-Everyone is always injured
-3 ITF 10k's in May happen every year, but not this year so people will lose points
-Mazarakis, former world #101 is now a few spots away from #1100 ;no activity since June.
-Athens CH MD WC's haven't been announced yet, but Alex Georgoudas, the AO 2009 junior boy's singles RUP got his QWC to a MDWC today, and it is 99% confirmed that Jakupovic and Economidis will also get, so now to narrow the last WC options, it will go to either Mazarakis, Gemouchidis, or Kleftakos.
I would give it to Kleftakos, as he is transfering from GER to GRE to play Davis Cup this year, and for at least the next 5 years(he signed a 5 yr. contract). Gemouchidis can get one for Rhodes, as he won't be needed in DC, and Mazarakis could also get one in Rhodes, as he refuses to play DC year after year. So, Athens WC's for Georgoudas, Kleftakos, Economidis, and Jakupovic, and Rhodes WC's for Gemouchidis, Mazarakis, Dimitrov(he will get 1 for it; in return, Greece gets to choose a WC for the Sofia CH this fall), and I'd give the last one to Nikos Rovas or an international player or Georgoudas if he does good in Athens. I don't feel like discussing QWC's

*Oh, and Baghdatis is directly in the MD in Athens
And Photos Kallias might also get a WC

EDIT-Oh, and I think we might get a MD WC for a Dutch Challenger this year, as in Athens last year we gave Martin Verkerk a MD WC and Melle Van Gemerden a QWC

Old Mar 20th, 2009, 02:15 AM   #29
country flag iGOAT

Poor Greek tennis

At least we can cheer for Baghdatis though. I really would like to see him return

I'm not from Greece, but my grandpa was an immigrant and my Dad's family grew up in the Greek part of Chicago and went strictly by their customs, and he semi-fluently speaks Greek (my grandpa is fluent, but is a bit old now to talk in it really)
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 02:20 AM   #30
country flag hellas719

I speak it almost fluently. My paternal grandparents were immigrants, and my mother's older brother was an immigrant, but her dad learned English before he came to America. If you remember, I used to have the American flag icon, and when I went to Greece this past summer I changed it, and I never changed it back