JenCap played amazing - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 04:49 AM   #1
country flag Mark43

Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold
JenCap played amazing

tennis tonight against Meghann Shaughnessy! She was hitting powerful winners off both wings, serving very well ('cept those 3 doubles in the very last game, WHOOPS) and returning about as well as anyone ever has. Most importantly Jen was constantly looking to move forward. Jen was consistently moving forward during her incredible spring 2001 and I have not seen her play like that since. Jen had the highest quality 3rd round opponent out of the top players today (sorry Amanda) and she played like a dream.

Now I am not going to get my hopes up with Amelie and Venus looming...but, shit I am getting my damn hopes up!
Mark43 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 04:58 AM   #2
country flag BK4ever

BK4ever has disabled reputation
She did play well...

I was sitting in Meghans player box so I had a really good view of of how hard she hits the ball. She gets really good racket head speed and she just goes for the lines.

I met Meghans coach today and he invited me to sit in the players box. He was very sweet.

Serena, Madison, Taylor, Sloane, Gaby, Sloane, Heather, Sachia,Victoria, Sania
Coco, Beatrice, Jessica, Christina, Lauren, Robin, Dinara, Noppy, Mia, Flavia
Kaia, Aga, Urzula, Tamira, Gisela, Timea, Veras, ALG, Klina, Wozi, Sveta, Vikas, Misa
BK4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2002, 05:27 AM   #3
disposablehero

disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future
What a miserable spoiled bitch. Just thought I'd clarify that before saying that she played remarkably well tonight.
Old Sep 1st, 2002, 05:31 AM   #4
country flag BK4ever

BK4ever has disabled reputation
yeah she kept giving us dirty looks because we were cheering for meghann

Serena, Madison, Taylor, Sloane, Gaby, Sloane, Heather, Sachia,Victoria, Sania
Coco, Beatrice, Jessica, Christina, Lauren, Robin, Dinara, Noppy, Mia, Flavia
Kaia, Aga, Urzula, Tamira, Gisela, Timea, Veras, ALG, Klina, Wozi, Sveta, Vikas, Misa
BK4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2002, 05:32 AM   #5
country flag wongqks
Team WTAworld

wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of
Jenny looks impressive, but I have a hunch that her DFs problems will cost her a match sooner or later in this tournament,against quality player and when matches get close, people Venus or Amelei can really stand inside the baseline to pressurise Jenny and then those DFs will be streaming, she is def. the third most impressive player I have watched so far in this tournanment, keep it up Jenny
-Some player has been playing for more than 10 years

visit this thread for more detail
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=397111
wongqks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2002, 07:28 AM   #6
FS

FS is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought Jenny has a problem with her eyesight playing night matches.

I guess she only feels this whenever she loses. (she complained when she lost to Ai Sugiyama).
FS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2002, 07:33 AM   #7
country flag Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute
Alright Jenn

Keep it up!
Crazy Canuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2002, 08:25 AM   #8
country flag TammysBigSis
Team WTAworld

TammysBigSis has disabled reputation
Are you talking about the Sugiyama match in L.A.? I thought that was a day match!!!!!

2010 HP Open CHAMPION 2008 & 2009 Ordina Open CHAMPION2003 Indian Open Inaugural CHAMPION
Go, Tammy, go!
Love, peace, and ,
Tammy's Big Sis [Yes, I really AM Tammy's big sis!]
TammysBigSis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2002, 12:39 PM   #9
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
The best part was she moved forward more than usual. She's got to get to that. I'm glad she's now sharing martina Navratilova's fitness trainer Giselle too.
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2002, 12:44 PM   #10
country flag veryborednow
Team WTAworld

veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future
it was the match before the sugiyama match, T tanasugarn, which went to 3 sets very close at night

Jen and Mary have problems with night matches, Meghanns jsut gone off the boil big time.

BK4ever - hope you had a good time

Last edited by veryborednow : Sep 1st, 2002 at 01:33 PM.
veryborednow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2002, 01:28 PM   #11
AmonRa777

AmonRa777 is an unknown quantity at this point
DOESN'T SHE ALWAYS LOOK GOOD UNTIL

SHE runs into a great player...gets her rear end kicked...then all her fans and the commentators start making excuses..

Jennifer, Hingis and Davenport always look very good in the first 4 rounds...then reality steps in and the excuses start...from what i have seen Capriati will be lucky to reach the semis...SEE HAS NO CHANCE AGAINST VENUS...LISTEN TO ME FOLKS...NO CHANCE AT ALL!!!
AmonRa777 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2002, 01:42 PM   #12
Cybelle Darkholme

Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future
Eventhough I favor Venus in her next match and next match and next match...etc... Everyone still has a chance.
The WTA Women of Wonder Featuring....The Goddess: Venus Williams The Glamazon: Serena Williams The Lioness: Jennifer Capriati The High Priestess: Monica Seles The Saint: Kim Clijsters The Phoenix: Chanda Rubin The Bon Vivant: Amelie Mauresmo The Titan: Lindsay Davenport The Courtesan: Anna Kournikova The Exile: Martina Hingis The Sorceress: Anatasia Myskina The Minx: Maria Sharapova
Cybelle Darkholme is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2002, 01:47 PM   #13
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
I actually did NOT think Jenn played against Meghann. At OZ 2000, any ball that 'sat up' against her forehand was an automatic winner. Last night, Jenn was hitting three and four forehands in a rally to get a real Capriati type nuclear forehand off. And Meghann wasn't playing that well. It was a clean, efficient straight set win, but it was over #30 Meghann Shaughnessy, not #12 Meghann Shaughnessy.
Old Sep 1st, 2002, 01:48 PM   #14
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute
Kim could take out Momo. Jen can beat either of them. If she played this well vs. Venus, she just might win. JUST MIGHT. However, too many doubles and Venus wins in straight sets.
Old Sep 1st, 2002, 05:17 PM   #15
country flag mn73

mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold
I have a funny feeling that Martina Navratilova got really involved in coaching Jennifer when they played doubles at Montreal. They lost early in doubles, but Martina was at all Jen's singles matches and was continually talking to Stefano and it was obvious from their gestures they were talking about her play. If she now has the same fitness trainer as well, I suspect Martina might be the invisible coach of Jennifer! That would be great because when Martina commentated Jen's match at Wimbledon she went on and on about the poor ball toss and double faults and that someone needs to sort them out - let's hope she's the one!!! The dominance of the Williams sisters and those two terrible losses to Amelie must really have shown Jen that she needs to let some more advice in if she wants to threaten the Top 2 again.

Jelena Jankovic : US Open finalist 2008 and World No. 1

Jennifer Capriati : 3 Grand Slams, Olympic Gold and World No.1

[center]Rafael Nadal : 10 Grand Slams, Olympic Gold and World No.1 [/center]
mn73 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote