Where is Alfajeffster? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 27th, 2009, 11:11 PM   #16
country flag Philbo

Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where is Alfajeffster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrdinaryfoolisNJ View Post
Hey Alfa, when you have time to start posting again, we need you in the Steffi thread. I've enjoyed your past post there. I'm just starting to really love Graf and her game, so I look forward to more of your thoughts.

Glad you're doing a-okay.
There's hope for you yet then! Resist the dark side of the force Luke!
Of even more significance, there's this little gap in Graf's resume the size of the hole in the ozone layer: It's called Monica Seles. Was Graf the best female player of all time? She wasn't even the best in the heart of her career.
- Frank Deford, Sports Illustrated 27/8/01
Philbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 30th, 2009, 06:27 PM   #17
country flag alfajeffster

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post
Welcome back, hon!!! Let's pm later. But for the time being, there are 2 important questions:
(1) Was your guy cute?
(2) Do you think Venus Williams is "passed" her peak and will not win another grand slam?
In answer to the first question, yes, very cute and it came with a big ego. The package was pretty big too. Unfortunately, I'm a Scorpio and have always been in charge of my life, and admittedly, a bit of a control freak. He was just as hard headed and our normal mode of communication was to bring up something we knew the other would disagree with just to start a conversation. I'm happy to have lived through it, and the experience has changed me in ways I never would've expected.

I think Venus always has a chance at Wimbledon if she's healthy. Both Williams sisters have the uncanny ability to go "walkabout" for long patches in their careers and then pop out of the blue and win a major.
Old Apr 30th, 2009, 07:59 PM   #18
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

I've been remiss in welcoming you back Alfa.

Welcome back with hugs. We are delighted and relieved you are in the land of the living

Now if you dare scare me like that again I'm whipping out my own loaded weapon on you
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2009, 09:20 PM   #19
country flag gabybackhand

gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of

Nice to hear from you Alfa, I'm glad you've been busy living some experiences! Yet I somehow guess your vanish act was meant to earn some attention of the BFTPasters here wasn't it?
Merciless Monica - Barcelona Bumblebee
gabybackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2013, 12:34 AM   #20
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

Just wanted to pass along the sad news that a member of the Blast from a long time back, has passed away... Jeff (ALfajeffster) loved tennis as much as anyone I've ever met. and his loyalty to the game definitely got him through many very tough times. He treasured his extensive collection of classic era player autographs & memories of the circuit, both those he experienced & those we discussed in the threads of BFTP ~ and many of us treasured HIM, even though he did like to ruffle some feathers on occasion, in between his thoughtful, insightful & informed posts!

This is his brief obituary, for any who would care to see it: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/rea...960&fhid=18461

Last edited by daze11 : May 25th, 2013 at 12:43 AM.
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2013, 04:24 AM   #21
country flag Sumarokov-Elston

Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all

Oh, no, I am so upset at this news. I will treasure his posts even more... Everything he posted was a gem of wit and insightful knowledge; he truly enriched this forum and everyone he came into contact with.
Sumarokov-Elston is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2013, 01:53 PM   #22
country flag newmark401

newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all

Sorry to hear the sad news about Jeff. He clearly loved his tennis and had a great fund of stories about players, especially great ones like Pauline Betz, Louise Brough, Margaret Court and Billie Jean King. Fortunately he shared his knowledge of them in many threads in this forum.
-----
newmark401 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2013, 04:54 PM   #23
country flag XTN

XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light

Oh this is such sad news. I always enjoyed reading his thoughts and opinions in this forum especially since we both loved Steffi Graf and it was always interesting to read his insights about Graf's game and career. He will surely be missed.

Last edited by XTN : May 25th, 2013 at 05:00 PM.
XTN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 12:25 PM   #24
country flag Ms. Anthropic

Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all

A brother goes down.

"Und das Totsein ist mühsam / und voller Nachholn, daß man allmählich ein wenig / Ewigkeit spürt. -- Aber Lebendige machen / alle den Fehler, daß sie zu stark unterscheiden. / Engel (sagt man) wüßten oft nicht, ob sie unter / Lebenden gehn oder Toten. Die ewige Strömung / reißt durch beide Bereiche alle Alter / immer mit sich und übertönt sie in beiden."
Ms. Anthropic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 04:08 PM   #25
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

Very sad news.
Old May 26th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #26
country flag calou

calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future

Sad news .He was only 50 ,it's a young age for dying .
calou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 05:00 PM   #27
country flag Stef-fan

Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all

This is indeed sad.
Will miss his passionate assessments about Tennis in general and Steffi in particular.
Stef-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 12:33 PM   #28
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to letting us know Daze.

It'd fitting that it's a rainy and gloomy day this morning as I read this.

My hat's off to you Jeff. May you be in as better place and at peace. But wherever you are I know the walls will echo with your fun and laughter.

Here's to you and our time well spent in Philly and with Pauline Betz. For all the shared memories

The next time someone sees a funny one-liner from Alfa please put it in this thread to keep his memory alive.
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 09:13 AM   #29
country flag jeanmi18

jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light

I am very upset, I met Jeff some 7 or 8 years ago in Paris. We used to have so much fan at the time debating who was the best ever, who had the best forehand. We (Andy T, Jeff and I) spent a week-end in Paris going out, having fun and talking tennis of course. Really fun memories. I am really upset
jeanmi18 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 10:15 AM   #30
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

His Facebook is still up.