Marion in Monterrey, Mexico - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 1st, 2009, 08:26 AM   #31
country flag Charlieflip
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all
Re: Marion in Monterrey, Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Well,I went to the website to buy tickets today...and discovered that an individual ticket costs more than I pay for monthly rent.I plan on writing a book within the next year so,if I can make any royalties from that,THEN I'll have enough spending cash to watch Marion down here....For now,I'll just cheer her on....VAMOS MARION!!!
Really? how much is a ticket then?

Ivanovic|Cornet|Bartoli|Radwanska|Hantuchova
Charlieflip is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 1st, 2009, 03:19 PM   #32
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlieflip View Post
Really? how much is a ticket then?
According to the website,a single ticket for the UPPER bleachers on the west or east wing is 2,200 pesos.North wing bleachers,which apparently offer a better overhead view,are 3,000...and tickets in the stands closer to the court are 30,000 pesos.This doesn't include the cost of transportation to and from Monterrey...or hotel costs for one night...or a lost day's wages if I left on Friday in time to catch Saturday's final.PLUS there'd be the added aggravation if Marion didn't make it to Saturday.I'd consider a ticket to a Craybas-Zheng final as lots of money flushed down the toilet

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Temporary Destination 6: Another step towards what will , eventually, be the FINAL Destination

Last edited by bruce goose : Mar 1st, 2009 at 03:20 PM. Reason: typo
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 03:25 PM   #33
country flag Charlieflip
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all

Quote:
According to the website,a single ticket for the UPPER bleachers on the west or east wing is 2,200 pesos.North wing bleachers,which apparently offer a better overhead view,are 3,000...and tickets in the stands closer to the court are 30,000 pesos.This doesn't include the cost of transportation to and from Monterrey...or hotel costs for one night...or a lost day's wages if I left on Friday in time to catch Saturday's final.PLUS there'd be the added aggravation if Marion didn't make it to Saturday.I'd consider a ticket to a Craybas-Zheng final as lots of money flushed down the toilet
Wow, yeah that is quite alot for just random tournament. I mean the Australian Open semis was in that price range. Very strange.

Old Mar 1st, 2009, 03:33 PM   #34
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wow, yeah that is quite alot for just random tournament. I mean the Australian Open semis was in that price range. Very strange.
Monterrey has a well-deserved reputation for being one of our pricier cities.Perhaps the tournament organizers are simply keeping the prices consistent with other costly forms of entertainment there

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Temporary Destination 6: Another step towards what will , eventually, be the FINAL Destination
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 03:35 PM   #35
country flag Charlieflip
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Monterrey has a well-deserved reputation for being one of our pricier cities.Perhaps the tournament organizers are simply keeping the prices consistent with other costly forms of entertainment there
That sounds human. Too bad for reality. Are you gonna go anyway?

Old Mar 1st, 2009, 03:42 PM   #36
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
That sounds human. Too bad for reality. Are you gonna go anyway?
Only in spirit.Actually,I have a wealthy uncle so,even though he's not very close with our branch of the family,he dOES enjoy traveling a lot.Perhaps he'll visit me during the tourney one year and decide that he wants to go

Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 12:18 AM   #37
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

sorry bg
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 12:27 AM   #38
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizé Molik View Post
sorry bg
Thanks for the sympathy,Alize.However,Marion's success is the most important thing here;I'll be plenty happy if she's victorious in my absence.As of this week's rankings,she's the French #1 again and she's #8 for YEC

Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 11:35 AM   #39
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

Marion is now world n°13. Nice Marion's photo inside last official newsletter of the wtatour page 5 :
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3.../2009/mar2.pdf

Marion didn't schedule to play Ponte Vedra Beach tournament.
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 02:43 PM   #40
country flag Super_Marion

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I don't know how much that is, but either way it amounts to the same thing. Sorry.

By this weekend I should have my own arrangements for summer tournaments settled.
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 06:41 PM   #41
country flag Joee

Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Marion View Post
I don't know how much that is, but either way it amounts to the same thing. Sorry.

By this weekend I should have my own arrangements for summer tournaments settled.
Are you going to Wimbledon again

Serena Williams / Venus Williams / Petra Kvitova / Jelena Jankovic / Francesca Schiavone / Sabine Lisicki / Agneiszka Radwanska /

Joee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 08:14 PM   #42
country flag Charlieflip
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Wait, you play proffessionaly supermarion?

Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 06:56 AM   #43
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

Qualifiers placed :
Monterrey R1 : Marion will played M. Krajicek (night session).
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 12:08 PM   #44
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Tough draw, we'll learn if she can be consistent enough to be top 10 again. Good luck Marion!

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaď - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 03:09 PM   #45
country flag JOCHEBEL

JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of

R1: Marion Bartoli FRA vs Michaella Krajicek NED

Is not an easy match! GOOD LUCK MARION!
Vakulenko ˇ Muller ˇ Santangelo ˇ Bammer ˇ Dulko ˇ Bartoli ˇ A.Bondarenko ˇ Clisjters ˇ Henin ˇ Yakimova
FITD Estoril '09 Kuala Lumpur '11
JOCHEBEL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote