Hingis: On a downward spiral - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 08:07 PM   #1
TeeRexx

TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice
Hingis: On a downward spiral

Once the premier player in the world and a future Tennis Hall of Fame inductee, Martina Hingis has run on tough times as the tour has finally caught up and passed her leaving the former terror of the tour with her head spinning in theri wake.

Currently ranked no. 8, but may be struggling to stay in the top ten by the end of the year.

The serve of Hingis may be weaker than it was before her surgery and it was considered by many to be weak even then. Players no longer fear her and Hingis even had to struggle to a three set win in a second round match against qualifer, Marissa Irvin.

Hingis will not see the quarter finals of this slam and maybe very few slams in the future.

Last edited by TeeRexx : Aug 31st, 2002 at 08:31 PM.
TeeRexx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 08:12 PM   #2
smygelfh

smygelfh is on a distinguished road smygelfh is on a distinguished road smygelfh is on a distinguished road smygelfh is on a distinguished road smygelfh is on a distinguished road smygelfh is on a distinguished road smygelfh is on a distinguished road smygelfh is on a distinguished road smygelfh is on a distinguished road smygelfh is on a distinguished road smygelfh is on a distinguished road
...and noone would be happier than you if a girl plagued by injuries falls out of top ten...
smygelfh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2002, 08:18 PM   #3
TeeRexx

TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice
smygelfh - No, I would not be happy at the demise of Hingis.
I enjoy watching her play and compete.

Afterall, I have two faves, who by the way, have been and still are, as you say, plagued by injuries.
TeeRexx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2002, 08:22 PM   #4
kournikovafan13

kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice
Ummm...she beat Zanetti in straight sets

I can't be near you
The light just radiates...

-"Malibu" by Hole
kournikovafan13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2002, 08:22 PM   #5
country flag treufreund

treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute
Martina does not have all that many points to defend in the fall. She will easily stay in top ten.

Schadenfreude denied.
treufreund is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2002, 08:23 PM   #6
country flag ttaM

ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of ttaM has much to be proud of
I wouldn't say downward spiral as a bad thing. I mean, everyone else just got better: Jen, Venus, Serena, Lindsay. Then you have other power players: Kim, Monica, Justine, Jelena, who have all beaten Hingis (except Justine, but a lot of people think she can and will beat Martina.) I don't see Hingis getting back in the top 4 with the current players that are in the top 10 now.
ttaM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2002, 08:23 PM   #7
kournikovafan13

kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice kournikovafan13 is just really nice
Unfortunately it'll be Lindsay struggling to stay in the top ten, with all those points she has to defend

I can't be near you
The light just radiates...

-"Malibu" by Hole
kournikovafan13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2002, 08:26 PM   #8
evadafan

evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice
Yeah, Hingis is doing terrible. She had Championship points in the only other slam she played this year. Just awful.

evadafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2002, 08:26 PM   #9
bobcat

bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all
More important that points, Lindsay's game is in good shape right now, whereas Hingis' game wasn't even that great before her layoff and it's much worse now.
bobcat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2002, 08:40 PM   #10
country flag irma

irma has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally posted by evadafan
Yeah, Hingis is doing terrible. She had Championship points in the only other slam she played this year. Just awful.
yeah that is terrible, don't understand why people see that match as something great
probarly my competive attitude
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We all start in the streams
We're all carried along
By the river of dreams
In the middle of the night
irma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2002, 08:40 PM   #11
evadafan

evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice
Hingis's game was excellent at the beginning of the year.

evadafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2002, 08:40 PM   #12
country flag AjdeNate!
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.

AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute
More propaganda....
AjdeNate! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2002, 08:50 PM   #13
nysaga

nysaga is just really nice nysaga is just really nice nysaga is just really nice nysaga is just really nice nysaga is just really nice nysaga is just really nice nysaga is just really nice nysaga is just really nice nysaga is just really nice nysaga is just really nice nysaga is just really nice
TeeRexx..bored aren't you? Writing BS ..lol
I suggest you log off the internet and go shopping at KMart.
nysaga is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2002, 08:50 PM   #14
country flag irma

irma has disabled reputation
well she was number 1 on the yearranking so she was doing fine in general, that's true!
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We all start in the streams
We're all carried along
By the river of dreams
In the middle of the night
irma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2002, 08:51 PM   #15
bobcat

bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all
I would characterize Hingis' game at the beginning of the year as adequate, not excellent. Most of the top players were rusty and/or inconsistent at that time. If she were to play at that level right now against Venus, Serena, or Lindsay I think she would lose easily.
bobcat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote