Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread! - Page 98 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 8th, 2013, 06:17 PM   #1456
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold
Re: Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread!

Even with the win she looked a little bit shaky to me to be honest. I thought she looked better shape wise during her double game in the afternoon. I really hope she makes it through the 2nd round. Even though she won her service her first serve percentage must have been pretty low.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 8th, 2013, 06:29 PM   #1457
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

I can't remember the last match Irina-Camelia didn't look shaky, though. It's her whole body language - as if she doesn't have any confidence and security in her abilities and all those random shanks and missing sitters.

1st serve stats were 61% in which is very good for her and won 59% of the points on it.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 06:37 PM   #1458
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
1st serve stats were 61% in which is very good for her and won 59% of the points on it.
Strange, that's definitely correct I can't argue the numbers but during the second set didn't seem that way.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 02:40 PM   #1459
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

1st Serve: 62%
1st Serve Won: 59%
2nd Serve Won: 70%
BP Saved: 100% (6/6)

All in all, a better performance from her. Looking forward to her match tonight against Kerber!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg (07) Indian Wells (P), R128.jpg (73.6 KB, 5 views)
Belle de Jour is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 07:34 PM   #1460

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

0-2 already
C'mon Irina!
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 10:46 PM   #1461
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Fell to Angie, 3 & 2.

Oh well, at least she retained her points from last year.
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 11:04 PM   #1462
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

For Irina-Camelia as well as Simona, it's first of all important to do well in smaller events and win a couple of rounds on the bigger stage here and there.

This week Irina-Camelia pretty much routined Watson, a Top 40 player, while Simona destroyed up and coming player Davis (good wins if you ask me), they both lost to superior players in R2, no biggie, but in the end it's only worth 50 points and the danger lies in the risk of being underranked pretty fast, because of not reaching latter rounds of events.

The WTA ranking is pretty much based on having runs at events, even if it is just a 100k. You might get the same quality wins than another player, but there may be a difference of 30 ranking spots between them, because of the different winning distribution.
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 08:07 AM   #1463
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

I know a girl who's in top 30 without winning more than 3 matches in a tournament. In fact she's the only Top 100 Romanian girls with no WTA final in the last year
grs is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 01:12 PM   #1464
country flag Curcubeu

Yeah, you would actually expect Sorana to have a ranking only based on two good weeks a year as it is usually the case with ball bashers, but she has a very well distributed and outbalanced winning ratio with wins at nearly every Master tournament of the year.

It's also the case why many people are suprised about her ranking, but so far she is Top 25 in the Race again and apart from the eraly season's struggles after her illness, she has beaten every player she was supposed to beat and did even a bit more.
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 01:29 PM   #1465

Last time I saw Simona Halep playing an international event was about a year ago, in Fes if I'm not mistaken. She had good rankings and only went out on court in premier events and Grand Slams. My honest opinion? Wrong approach from her team. We even see Azarenka, Sharapova and Radwanska playing internationals, but I suppose Miss Halep is too good to compete in those events.
I am quite happy that her rankings will drop in the next weeks and months. And I'm not a hater, on the contrary. I want to see how she handles this challange and eventually see more of her in the smaller tournaments.
As for Sorana, she's the perfect underachiever. She has immense potential, great shots, but she'll never win anything major. She may be coached by whomever, Graf, Agassi, Rodriguez, you name it, and still she won't lose the underachiever label she got for herself.
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 09:44 PM   #1466
country flag Curcubeu

Well, she also played Linz, but that was one of the strongest MMs last year where she lost against Azarenka in R2.
Yeah, her schedule is quite questionable, but she was injured for huge parts of last summer, even more so I would have hoped to see her starting from a lesser level.

In case of Sorana, I sometimes get the feeling that she has more game and fire power than she is able to control. That's why she seems so mindless racking the ball from time to time.
I still hope she can become a solid Top 20 player at least.
Old Mar 11th, 2013, 11:33 AM   #1467

True, she played Linz, I forgot about that, and wasn't aware of her injury (she competed in the main events last summer, though, so I guess her injury wasn't something very bad), but I am still happy that she will now have to play smaller tournaments and qualifying rounds for bigger events.

Now, on a different note, how about Sorana's match against Aga?
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 04:57 PM   #1468

First match in Miami against Marina Erakovic, good luck Irina!
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 05:00 PM   #1469
country flag Curcubeu

And possible R2 against Lepchenko.

Very good draw for Irina as she doesn't have anything to defend and this surface should favour her game. I hope her shoulder holds up, then she has a nice chance of reaching R3.
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 05:03 PM   #1470

Yeah, Lepchenko is in poor shape since US Open, but I have doubts that she'll win against Erakovic

Hoping for the best though