Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread! - Page 81 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 09:19 AM   #1201
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future
Re: Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread!

13-11 for Irina in the first's set tiebreak
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 10:13 AM   #1202
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

And wasted 2 MPs at 5-2 in the 2nd

3rd set on the road.

I'm already preparing the choker thread.
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 10:51 AM   #1203
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
I'm already preparing the fighter thread.
Fixed

6-4 in decisive set after being 2-4 behind.
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 10:55 AM   #1204
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Great and unexpected outcome after the choke in the second set
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 10:55 AM   #1205
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

What should I write in the fighter thread?

Irina's mental strength made Rezai's serving collapse?

That was just an awful choke job and Rezai's lack of fitness let her come through. Of course we didn't see it, but 4 DFs of her opponent in the last service games alone...
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 10:58 AM   #1206
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Aravane
Djezonfly is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 11:01 AM   #1207
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
What should I write in the fighter thread?

Irina's mental strength made Rezai's serving collapse?

That was just an awful choke job and Rezai's lack of fitness let her come through. Of course we didn't see it, but 4 DFs of her opponent in the last service games alone...
Exactly what I wrote before: it's hard to say, especially without seeing the match, if someone choked or the opponent raised her/his level of play.
Maybe Arevane raised her game in the last part of second set and the effort for doing that was too much for her body.

Last edited by grs : Oct 6th, 2012 at 11:24 AM.
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 11:10 AM   #1208
country flag Curcubeu

Probably, but if Irina-Camelia didn't lose her brain in the first place, she would have never got into that situation. Of course, probs for somehow digging your way out of the whole you made, but a 'fight' for me is coming back from behind in a hopeless situation or with your back up against a wall and not making things more exciting than they should, in which case it would feel like an honor for them choking first...

Anyway, QR2 against Voegele who is owned by Romanians.
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 12:00 PM   #1209
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

She deserves a mention for both fighting and choking
Djezonfly is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 10:20 AM   #1210
country flag Curcubeu

Fighter thread my ass

6-1 5-5

from 6-1 4*-1 and 5-3* MP

Girl, let your brain be checked.
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 10:29 AM   #1211
country flag Curcubeu

Lost 2nd set 5-7

Broken from 40-0 up with 2 DFs

Old Oct 7th, 2012, 10:33 AM   #1212
country flag Dan_Doe

Quote:
Lost 2nd set 5-7

Broken from 40-0 up with 2 DFs

Now I hope Voegele will break first. Seems like the only chance for Irina to win the match

LE: oh boy, but she's fast; already 0-40 on her own serve
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 10:45 AM   #1213
country flag Curcubeu

Irina-Camelia, you are already guaranteed to win the choke of the year award with your wonderful tiebreak in Rosmaelen, there is no need for that.

Rebreak to 2*-3
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 10:59 AM   #1214
country flag Dan_Doe

5*-4 for Irina. And now:

Quote:
chocking mode on
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 11:05 AM   #1215
country flag Dan_Doe

Irina held and won the match

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
Now I hope Voegele will break first. Seems like the only chance for Irina to win the match
I was right in this one