Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread! - Page 79 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 15th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #1171
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Watch her making a comeback on twitter now as well...
OMG I had completely forgotten about her twitter.
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 15th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #1172
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all

@grs
Irina indeed had a hard path with the players you listed.
Just wanted to say that Tashkent being immediately after US Open has a weaker field.
Look now at Seoul and Guangzhou where will play Kirilenko, Petrova, Goerges, Makarova, Paszek, Stephens respectively Bartoli, Zheng, Cirstea, Scheepers, Peng etc.

Irina deserves a lot of praise because she went all the way and won the whole thing.
I am really happy for her win.
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 02:47 PM   #1173
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 04:04 PM   #1174
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant.

Irina-Camelia, the queen of Arabian nights.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 05:55 PM   #1175
country flag Srodgers

Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on your 1st WTA Singles title Irina
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #1176
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/201209...256076_2919764

Quote:
Last year was a breakthrough year for Begu, reaching her first two WTA finals at Marbella and Budapest and making it all the way to No.38 in the world - and at the end of the year her promising results were rewarded with one of the highest of accolades, the Newcomer Of The Year Award at the WTA Player Awards.

The second time around is often harder, and this year Begu struggled to defend many of those points - she made two WTA semifinals but no finals, and going into the US Open a few weeks ago she was down at No.96 in the world. But she snapped out of it with a big win in the first round there, defeating Caroline Wozniacki for her first Top 10 win, and that form travelled to Tashkent with her.

Though she did dodge defeat once - she was down 5-2 down in the third against No.8 seed Galina Voskoboeva in the quarterfinals - Begu looked sharp all week in Tashkent, not dropping a set in any of her other matches, including against Vekic in the final, in which she held nine of 10 service games (and led 40-15 in the only one she lost) en route to a comfortable 64 64 victory.

"My service is what got me through - Donna played very well and I was happy to break her in both sets," Begu said of the final. "I was a little worried when she came back from 4-2 to level the score 4-4 in the second set, but I managed to break her back immediately to take a 5-4 lead, and then I served it out.

"It feels great to win a title. I'll take back sweet memories from the Tashkent Open," the Romanian added. "I'm glad I made the last minute decision to play here, and I will surely come back to defend my title next year."

The tournament always gives its champion a Chapan, a traditional Central Asian coat, and it had special meaning for Begu. "I saw Sorana Cirstea wear this when she won the title here in 2008, but now I have one of my own!"
I like this pic more.
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 08:49 PM   #1177
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Lmfao GOAT And there was people in the stands
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 06:37 AM   #1178
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 10:52 AM   #1179
country flag Gaz.
Amazing Member

Gaz. has a reputation beyond repute Gaz. has a reputation beyond repute Gaz. has a reputation beyond repute Gaz. has a reputation beyond repute Gaz. has a reputation beyond repute Gaz. has a reputation beyond repute Gaz. has a reputation beyond repute Gaz. has a reputation beyond repute Gaz. has a reputation beyond repute Gaz. has a reputation beyond repute Gaz. has a reputation beyond repute

Old Sep 20th, 2012, 11:04 PM   #1180
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Where is she ? Why doesn't she play in Tokyo ?
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 09:51 AM   #1181
country flag Curcubeu

Jason, it's Irina-Camelia.

She has just won a tournament playing 5 matches in a row. Back to her old schedule, it's better for her body, anyway.
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 03:07 PM   #1182
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all

She should have recovered in a week after Tashkent effort.

Laziness.
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 02:30 PM   #1183
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

It's not like she would have won many points in Tokyo but still. Hopefully she's getting ready for the fifth slam.
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 03:22 PM   #1184
country flag Curcubeu

Ivona-Camelia is rocking the indoor season.

Don't forget, she is the new WTA servebot.
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 04:56 PM   #1185
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

If she enters Linz and Luxembourg, she'll have to play qualies, right ?