Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread! - Page 78 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 13th, 2012, 09:11 AM   #1156
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread!

Even though I like to bash her, but God that was some clutch playing from her. She really won every close game from the beginning of the 2nd set.

More proof that her mental brainfarts are simple reactions of her not coping with pressure when she is the fave to win (in her opinion).
Advertisement

Old Sep 13th, 2012, 10:54 AM   #1157
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Winning a TB : check
Winning a tight match : check

Djezonfly is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 03:55 PM   #1158
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Only won a single game in doubles against Chakvetadze/Dolonc though
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 04:27 PM   #1159
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Only won a single game in doubles against Chakvetadze/Dolonc though
Nice tank She needed to rest for tomorrow
grs is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 03:14 AM   #1160
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't expect anything. As I said, completely would have expected her to lose to Soler in R1 after that Dallas disaster, but after that match against Wozniacki and the way she played, it's completely normal to expect her to win at least a set against a freaking Spanish claycourter.

And what others may agree. It's the way they lose, choking here, brainfarting there, but being clutch as hell against Top players. It's about fulfilling your potential, not winning tournament after tournament. And I get really angry if I see them having a tainted career by not grabbing their chances.

Exactly, Dulgheru would have never never lost to Soler after beating Wozzo. It's all mental.
Well, Alex lost to Niculescu after beating Kvitova
Irina's loss to SSE was NID for me unfortunately

But SF in Tashkent
And she's actually had a very difficult draw so far for Tashkent standards

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Tatishvili. Flipkens. Pironkova.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 09:28 AM   #1161
country flag Curcubeu

^ Dulgheru could barely move, though.

Irina-Camelia defeated Urszula pretty easy 6-3 6-3 and is now going to face new tennis sensation Donna Vekic in the final.

No excuses for her in my opinion, even though Donna is a very good player for her age, she should be tired having played qualies and is without any experience at this level of a WTA tournament. Not to mention that Begu is another calibre than Birnerova if she can bring up her game, if she can for once when it matters...
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 10:55 AM   #1162
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Irina being the experienced one in WTA final
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 10:28 AM   #1163
country flag Curcubeu

She did it in ATP style 6-4 6-4

Her serve is back and so is her game. And now I hope they pull out the Uzbekistani traditional close like last year for the trophy pics. This gonna be good.
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 10:41 AM   #1164
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Ok, although I rooted for Donna in this final, I can't help but be happy for Irina
First tournament won by a Romanian in...how many years?
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 10:48 AM   #1165
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
Ok, although I rooted for Donna in this final, I can't help but be happy for Irina
First tournament won by a Romanian in...how many years?
Dulgheru - Warsaw 2010

Since then we had Begu (Marbella, Budapest) and Halep (Fes, Brussels) in a final twice, Niculescu (Luxembourg) and Cadantu (Monterrey), but none of them could pull through, granted most of them were not the faves in their respective matches.
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 10:52 AM   #1166
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Quote:
Dulgheru - Warsaw 2010

Since then we had Begu (Marbella, Budapest) and Halep (Fes, Brussels) in a final twice, Niculescu (Luxembourg) and Cadantu (Monterrey), but none of them could pull through, granted most of them were not the faves in their respective matches.
God, I completely forgot about Alex
I was thinking about all those lost finals in the last years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon. View Post
Wan't Halep in Fes final twice?
Nah, just semis this year.

LE: my bad, I forgot about 2010. This year she could've make the final for the third time in a row. And 3rd time lucky, as Irina proved today once again.

Last edited by Dan_Doe : Sep 15th, 2012 at 11:02 AM.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 10:57 AM   #1167
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon. View Post
Wan't Halep in Fes final twice?
Yep, in 2010 et 2011.

Anyway so happy for Irina Tashkent is probably the weakest WTA tournament but who cares
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 11:05 AM   #1168
country flag Curcubeu

Yes, Simona played two Fes finals, but Fes 2010 was before Dulgheru's last victory.

Watch her making a comeback on twitter now as well...
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 11:05 AM   #1169
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all

Is great that Irina took this opportunity with the weak field in Tashkent.
She will be top 60 next week.

Too bad the stream stopped at the beginning of the ceremony.
It would have been fun seeing it.
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 12:00 PM   #1170
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by soimu View Post
Is great that Irina took this opportunity with the weak field in Tashkent.
She will be top 60 next week.

Too bad the stream stopped at the beginning of the ceremony.
It would have been fun seeing it.
She haven't such a weak path to the final - Amanmuradova, Cornet (seed nr 3), Voskoboeva (8) and Radwanska (2) and Tashkent courtis far from her favorite surface.
grs is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote