Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread! - Page 77 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 11th, 2012, 08:16 AM   #1141
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread!

Defeated Akgul 6-4 6-3

Funny, because the first set was so much better from her than the second. She started like she left after Caro with great serving and impeccable ground strokes (only 2! points lost in the first set on serve) playing much better than her opponent in all depertments of the game until she made things once again complicated for her at 4-3 in the 2nd set from 40-15 to saving 2 BPs, the first BPs for her opponent. Luckily Akgul is moving like a pregnant elephant at times, so that she was able to fought them down and break to win the match.

Cornet can be tough for a player like her, but Irina-Camelia has a shot when she stays focused.
Advertisement

Old Sep 11th, 2012, 09:03 AM   #1142
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

can't believe bookies tought this match was 50/50
Akgul can't return and moves badly so no way she was going to lose this
FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 12:21 PM   #1143
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Winning a match she was supposed to win ? Oh shit.
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 08:57 AM   #1144
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

every match involving Cornet is a shitfest 9 breaks in 10 games and over 1 hour for a 6-4
FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 09:01 AM   #1145
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Only 1 game on own serve - Irina. And she starts the second set with another game on her service (the second one )
grs is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 09:37 AM   #1146
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

6-4 6-1

Good to see her winning for once when her serve isn't going that well. On the other hand Cornet's serve is always a mess. Couldn't hold serve once.

I hope Voskoboeva is winning her R2 match, so that Irina-Camelia won't feel as the fave to win in a possible QF.
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 09:43 AM   #1147
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

I' am starting to like Cornet She is 1-4 against Romanian this year
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 09:48 AM   #1148
country flag Curcubeu

Cornet always used to be a good match up for Romanians, nearly as good as the Swiss tennis players or Ammanmuradova.

I can only imagine the rallies in this match, but I'm happy Irina stayed focused, even if it made her staying on court a bit longer.
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 10:01 AM   #1149
country flag grs

Irina has only 100p to defend for the rest of the year. 70p are already done!
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 11:01 AM   #1150
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Alizé

Irina It'll be tough against Galina
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 12:37 PM   #1151
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Won in doubles after trailing 9-4 in the STB
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #1152
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
Irina has only 100p to defend for the rest of the year. 70p are already done!
She was ranked quite comfortably inside the Top 100 in the Race even before this tournament, so she should climb up the rankings again.

I guess we should take this year as a transitional tennis season after all the fuss last year, it's not surprising that she'd struggle to consolidate the results. Having shoulder problems and coaching problems throughout the preperation doesn't help either.

Bolanu is a good coach. I guess she will be found in the Top 50 soon again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
Won in doubles after trailing 9-4 in the STB
TB GOAT.

Old Sep 13th, 2012, 08:07 AM   #1153
country flag grs

Irina won a TB, with 7-1

3-6 7-6 now against Galina but ii looks that someone is injured.
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 09:01 AM   #1154
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

7-5 for Irina in the decider. She was 2-4 down here and I thought she'd not come back, but hell, this is wta.
I'm glad for this semifinal
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 09:08 AM   #1155
country flag grs

Fighter thread has to be updated!

Irina made a Galina soup