Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread! - Page 38 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 21st, 2011, 08:53 AM   #556
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread!

Got trashed by Zakopalova 1-6, 1-6. First serve percentage was still huge, but probably only because she went for the amount of first serves. As a hrad hitter she will have those off-days when nothing works out for her which is especially visible on faster surfaces, but nothing to worry about at first...

Tokyo is next, hoping for a good draw!
Advertisement

Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 06:55 AM   #557
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

WTA Tokyo, Main Draw:

[3] Azarenka v BYE
Begu v Q
Q v Zakapalova
[WC] Pliskova v [16] Peer

Great first round draw, as far as she doesn't meet Kerber , and the possibility of a great match against Romanians' nightmare Azarenka in R2. Should be enough motivation!
Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 05:16 PM   #558
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
WTA Tokyo, Main Draw:

[3] Azarenka v BYE
Begu v Q
Q v Zakapalova
[WC] Pliskova v [16] Peer

Great first round draw, as far as she doesn't meet Kerber , and the possibility of a great match against Romanians' nightmare Azarenka in R2. Should be enough motivation!
And a possible revenge against Zakopalova in third round
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2011, 06:56 AM   #559
country flag Curcubeu

Tokyo, R1: Begu def. (Q)Pliskova 1-6 6-3 6-4

Judging from the stats everything rose and fell with her serve which was completely off in that first set...

After that great serving from both players with Irina-Camelia toughing it out in her unusual 3 sets!

Azarenka will probably destroy her, but if her service works on this ultra fast service, she can be competitive!
Old Sep 27th, 2011, 04:41 AM   #560
country flag Curcubeu

Lost to Azarenka 1 and 3, 0/9 on BPs

Oh, well, time to move on to Beijing!
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 01:56 PM   #561
country flag Curcubeu

WTA Beijing, Main Draw:

[1] Wozniacki vs Hradecka
Medina Garrigues vs Gajdosova

Kanepi vs Zheng Saisai
Begu vs [14] Lisicki

Draw is rigged, anyway...

Good luck, though!
Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 12:06 PM   #562
country flag Curcubeu

Had to retire against Lisicki after losing the first set by 2-6...

Pity, because she was able to break her twice, but couldn't hold once because of a right shoulder injury...

Get well soon!
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 10:59 AM   #563
country flag Curcubeu

OK, she has obviously decided to quit for this year!

Wish her a nice holiday and kick some butts in 2012!
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 02:00 AM   #564
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Still, it was a great year and she came from miles out of the top 100 to #38

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 02:00 AM   #565
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

We have to make more posts here if we want her to get a subforum

Old Oct 26th, 2011, 02:00 AM   #566
country flag hellas719

Seoul:

Old Oct 26th, 2011, 02:00 AM   #567
country flag hellas719

Tokyo:

Old Nov 14th, 2011, 05:55 PM   #568
country flag Curcubeu

CONGRATULATIONS TO IRINA-CAMELIA BEGU, the WTA NEW COMER of the year 2011!!

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/201111...256076_2515754

Let the haters keeping their mouths shut!

Last edited by Curcubeu : Nov 14th, 2011 at 06:41 PM.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2011, 06:13 PM   #569
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Irina Begu (21) was crowned by the WTA as "the revelation of" the fruit of formidable journey in 2011. She climbed 162 places! Section, founded 34 years ago, also included a single player in its history tricolor Spirla Irina in 1994.

Award votes derived from specialized journalists from different parts of the world, and the trophy was "high" of celebrities past and Gabriela Sabatini, Jennifer Capriati, Martina Hingis or the Williams sisters. "I did not expect was a surprise, I enjoyed a lot when I received congratulatory email from the WTA. I had three weeks of rest, because I was injured shoulder, but will return to training to keep high bar and next year, "told us bucureşteanca (40 WTA, after the end of last year was ranked 202).

To achieve its target in 2012, coach Marius training Comanescu explained the steps that follow: "We undertake this award and we will not rest on our laurels of victory. We go to Poiana Brasov for a week and we have three training sessions per day . it is very important during physical loading, I followed the same pattern in 2010, and the results have not ceased to appear. it will be a Spartan workout with strength, workouts at the gym and a little tennis, a program like a Terminator "Comanescu concluded.
Old Dec 3rd, 2011, 07:54 PM   #570
country flag Curcubeu

Irina is now on twitter, too!

http://twitter.com/#!/irina_begu

As you can easily see, most of the entries are still on Romanian, but let's hope that a stellar 2012 will maybe change that!

6 followers