Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread! - Page 31 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 10th, 2011, 03:28 PM   #451
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of
Re: Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread!

The match was lost by Irina not won by Roberta. But the most important thing is that Irina continues to climb the ranking. Next week will be in top 60 with the same points as Simona. And I hope for a revenge in R2 at Roberta's home Palermo.
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 10th, 2011, 03:29 PM   #452
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SUCKETTA View Post
if it was her first WTA final it was acceptable but it wasn't so
Marbella

But she never had a chance against Azarenka, though, in contrat to today...
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 03:49 PM   #453
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Marbella

But she never had a chance against Azarenka, though, in contrat to today...
i know that's why i said if
FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 04:21 PM   #454
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I'm stil damaged by this brainfart
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 04:36 PM   #455
country flag javier_saviola

javier_saviola is an unknown quantity at this point

I managed to watch the 3rd set and unfortunately Irina still doesn't have the experience to manage a WTA final Even if Vinci was struggling from the beginning of the last set...

What was awful instead, was the commentary of the Romanian presenters on the channel i found on livescorehunter (I believe it was sport.ro - I am not watching Romanian tv channels so I'm not sure about this)

some of their quotes...

"ce prosteala copilareasca din partea Irinei!" - after a missed shot by Begu
"vai, ce porcarie a facut Irina in schimbul asta!"
"nu stiu cum sa va spun, dar eu as fi castigat acest game"

Come on... who were those "experienced" commentators? Anyone knows? Their comments were really awful...
They seemed like cheering for Vinci in the end, they were repeatedly saying that Irina will not win even one more point at 4-4...
Sorry for not translating their quotes, but to be short, those were really awful and against Irina!
javier_saviola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 04:44 PM   #456
country flag Curcubeu

Romanian sport commentators

I don't know who it was in this caes because I prefer watching tennis matches with those loosy betting commentators, and that has to say a lot!
They have no clue whatsoever, but they are not as cynical as most Romanian commentators I want to turn off as soon as possible.

But there is one exception! Have you ever seen a match of Romania's soccer team when they are sucking badly...
Better than every comedy show!

For example "Next week the derby against Luxemburg." or the allusions to their private lifes...

Sorry for off topic, though.
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 04:47 PM   #457
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

hope this doesn't mean what i think some sort of fuck you?
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 04:54 PM   #458

Not really, it was something like "what a shitty hit from Irina"

Anyway, our sports commentators are getting more and more into the tabloid lines, like all sports newspapers in Romania tend to do... and really, the ones that commented the final had no clue about tennis, whatsoever...
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 04:56 PM   #459
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:

hope this doesn't mean what i think some sort of fuck you?
No, even Romanian TV isn't that obscene (before midnight)

It's something like:

"Unfortunately, Irina had to f*ck up this rally" probably pronounced in a very cynical way as always

By the way, italian and Romanian are very much alike!
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 04:58 PM   #460
FORZA SARITA

porcarie is pork right?
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 04:59 PM   #461
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by javier_saviola View Post
Not really, it was something like "what a shitty hit from Irina"

Anyway, our sports commentators are getting more and more into the tabloid lines, like all sports newspapers in Romania tend to do... and really, the ones that commented the final had no clue about tennis, whatsoever...
I love the competent tennis articles on "Prosport.ro" where they are only listing numbers and rankings after the same scheme, carefully using the same pictures again and again!
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 05:00 PM   #462
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
porcarie is pork right?

almost...

porc = pig

porcarie = crap

porcaria = shit
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 05:05 PM   #463

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
I love the competent tennis articles on "Prosport.ro" where they are only listing numbers and rankings after the same scheme, carefully using the same pictures again and again!
They are all doing the same - you are right about listing numbers and rankings, and also about pictures - actually, in GSP and Prosport we always see the same old pictures with Simona (of course, Simona with big tits) or with Tecau / Lindstedt (I believe I saw their same picture dozens of times, after they win one match...)

Anyway, sorry for the off-topic, but this is really frustrating

Getting back to Irina's thread, hopefully she will be able to come back mentally and defeat Vinci next week I'm confident about this!
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 07:26 PM   #464
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

From what I saw at Irina's game in the last months I think that technically her play is good enough for top 20 or maybe higher. She has a very good first service, a decent second serve ( she have to cut the number of dfs), a very good forehand, an amazing backhand (sometimes ). She also can play well the long rallies (she impressed me winning many of those against the queen of long rallies - AMG). She can hit hard but also she knows how to use slices, moon balls and top spin balls when it needed. I also saw some good defensive skills and good enough movement (she had some problems at the right leg).

What is needed for a further improvement of her place in WTA Ranking? Obviously she need to be consistent during all match time, to pass quickly over the missed chances, to reduce at shortest the periods of lack of concentration from her play. But I am sure that many of those come form her reduce experience at WTA level.

In my opinion if Irina can bring her level of clay game to hard court she can make top 30 till the end of this year, a place high enough for attacking the top of WTA ranking.
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 11:21 AM   #465
country flag grs

WTA Top 60 this week for Irina