Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread! - Page 22 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 7th, 2011, 07:06 PM   #316
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread!

Irina made use of her fortunate draw, but proved that she deserved the quarters by blowing her opponents off the court!

Good luck for tomorrow!
Advertisement

Old Apr 7th, 2011, 09:17 PM   #317
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all

I was able to watch part of second set today of Irina-Candela and I was very impressed with Irina's game, very good serve, powerful back court, decisive. She can take anyone down.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2011, 09:33 PM   #318
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

This girl has definitely Top 50 potential if she is able to rise her first serve quota to a consistent level!
Old Apr 7th, 2011, 10:07 PM   #319
country flag ALIEN

ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold

Good job but the real test will be against Zakopalova
ALIEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2011, 08:58 AM   #320
country flag dos Santos

dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute

WTA.2011.Marbella.WS.R2.Begu.vs.ECC.ENG.Parts
dos Santos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2011, 04:24 PM   #321
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

After starting 2011 ranked outside the top 200 Irina is now less than 5 months into the new year just one win away from being ranked in the top 100. Absolutely amazing. She has without question been the biggest success story of the year in Romanian women's tennis, and there are a lot of girls in Romania doing very well so that is saying a lot.

Even if Irina loses her next match to Kuznetsova as expected, the top 100 in now surely only a few weeks away. Frankly, I can see Irina getting comfortably into the top 75 before the year is finished.
Old Apr 8th, 2011, 04:49 PM   #322
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing Saw it coming here though, she was in great shape already and the draw was too good not to take advantage of!
Andiyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2011, 07:03 PM   #323
country flag Curcubeu

Amazing!!

Who would have thought of that at the beginning of the year? My hopes were on Ralu getting beck to decent results or Bogdan to make some noise on the tour, but irina?

What impressed me most was her routine and coolness today facing a Top 50 player having the big chance of going far in mind and still play like some ordinary match! Outstanding and a great attitude!

We will see how far she can go this year!
Old Apr 9th, 2011, 03:30 AM   #324
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Irina

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2011, 08:23 AM   #325
country flag dos Santos

dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute

WTA.2011.Marbella.WS.QF.Begu.vs.Zakopalova.ENG
dos Santos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2011, 08:34 AM   #326
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
MARBELLA, Spain - Having started the year ranked No.234, Romania's Irina-Camelia Begu is poised to break the world's Top120 by reaching her first WTA semifinal at the Andalucía Tennis Experience in Marbella. Before this week's tournament, which is only her third WTA main draw having won her way through qualifying, the 20-year-old had not won a main draw match at this level.

We caught up with Irina-Camelia after her quarterfinal defeat of world No.34 Klara Zakopalova, her first victory over a Top 50 player.

Where were you born and where do you live now?
ICB: I was born in Bucharest and I still live there.

How did you start playing tennis?
ICB: I started playing tennis when I was three years old, my aunt was a coach and I started playing with her.

Tell us about your family.
ICB: My mother Stelotta works for a government institute, my father Paul is an electrician. I have a brother Andre, who is older than me. My brother started to play tennis when he was six or seven but he didn't like it very much; my Mom did a little bit of athletics; my father did kayak canoeing.

Where do you train?
ICB: I am working with two coaches at a club in Bucharest.

Who was your tennis idol growing up?
ICB: Martina Hingis.

What is the best memory of your tennis career to date?
ICB: Winning the European under-16 Championships in 2006 in Italy.

What do you like to so in your spare time?
ICB: I like going shopping and going to the cinema with friends.

Did you do any other sports?
ICB: I wanted to be a gymnast but it was very hard and I also played handball until age of 10 or 11, when I had to decide.

Who travels with you?
ICB: My coach and sometimes my aunt.

What is your favourite surface?
ICB: Clay.

What are your favourite cities?
ICB: I like Melbourne and Paris but my favourite is New York.

And what goals do you have in tennis?
ICB: I want to be Top 100 as soon as I can and the goal is to be Top 10.
http://www.wtatennis.com/page/Gettin...334619,00.html

Irina in the WTA column "Getting to Know"
Old Apr 9th, 2011, 01:53 PM   #327
country flag Six Feet Under
Singleniacki

Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute

Manages to hold on to take the 2nd set!
She needs to gain a bit of consistency, she has a nice game
Old Apr 9th, 2011, 03:58 PM   #328
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the top 100, Irina.

I certainly did not see this win coming. Irina has had a great year but this dwarfs all her other results by a good margin. Incredible match. To beat a player as talented and gritty as Kuznetsova in 3+ hours is simply a gigantic result. This is a match Irina deserves to be proud of for the rest of her life.

And it is also the beginning of her career as a WTA player. Irina-Camelia Begu is top 100 now and she is going to remain top 100 for a long time to come. Her days of slogging it out in 25k ITF tournaments are now officially over.
Old Apr 9th, 2011, 04:13 PM   #329
country flag Curcubeu

Defeating Kuznetsova by 3-6, 7-6(3), 6-4!

I thought it's over after the lost first set, but she always managed a come back with her endless fighting spirit! A great result which pushes her also far into the Top 50 of the current Race!

I don't know what she has changed at the beginning of the season, but she made the wright decisions and now it pays off! Her attitude on court reminds me a lot of Alex', though their games differ much!

She is also a fighter and her run here in Marbella is absolutely comparable to Alex' run in Warsaw! Not to mention winning matches against much more experienced players on clay after more than 3 hours!

Well done! The final result of tomorrow isn't that important to me because Romanian killer Asarenka will probably blow her off the court, but she knows what she has reached and can build up on this!
Old Apr 9th, 2011, 04:54 PM   #330
country flag ALIEN

ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold

Wow , I was looking forward to a Dulgheru/Azarenka semifinal and now Irina is in the final... What the hell happened?
ALIEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote