Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread! - Page 179 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 13th, 2014, 05:25 PM   #2671
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread!

That is not an easy draw...Olga is in awful form however. You never know what to expect from her.

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 13th, 2014, 06:22 PM   #2672
country flag ioana_sk8r

ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all

Bafta Irina!
ioana_sk8r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 03:24 PM   #2673
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Oh GOD ! The chocking in the 2nd set .....No words.....

Lost 3-6 6-7(9)

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #93 - W: Vero Beach'14, Astana '14; TT-d: #96 - W: Astana '14, Landisville'14 w/ Palin6o, Zawada'14; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #33 - W: New Haven '14; RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #8 - W: Rome '14, Baku '14
Nightcrawl3r is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 03:25 PM   #2674
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute

WTA 's-Hertogenbosch, Q-R32:

Olga Govortsova (BLR) d. (3)Irina-Camelia Begu (ROU) 63 76(9)

Both Irina and Alex Cadantu are ready for Wimbledon.
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 03:32 PM   #2675
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Irina in s'Hertogenbosch TBs since 2012:

vs. Schiavone 6-7(8)
vs. Mestach 6-7(6)
vs. Pironkova 6-7(7)
vs. Govortsova 6-7(9)

I love to use gif's in Tennis Romania, but sometimes it's just impossible to convey so much 'fail' even through animated pictures.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 04:57 PM   #2676
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Why does she even bother going there Hopefully she fares better in doubles with Vania
Djezonfly is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 05:26 PM   #2677
country flag soimu

soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold

This was a 50-50 match.
I still remember the random good match Govortsova made at Wimbledon vs Simona last year.
Irina's game should work nicely on grass so my hopes for a decent Wimbledon are intact.
NICULESCU----- Olaru Dinu Ana Bogdan
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 08:07 PM   #2678
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soimu View Post
Irina's game should work nicely on grass so my hopes for a decent Wimbledon are intact.
I still don't know if Irina-Camelia and grass will ever become close friends. There are aspects of her game that should benefit from grass courts, but it also exposes many of her weaknesses:

1.) Lackadaisical return of serve: You don't get as many chances on the return here on grass than on other surfaces. The ball bounces lower and you have to be focused to get in every return. Irina-Camelia is still carelessly botching many into the net.

2.) Footwork: While Irina's defense is pretty ok for a player of her height, it's still nowhere near the to. To handle the flat ball bounce, one needs strong legs. She will have problems on the baseline once she allows her opponent to dictate a rally.

3.) Long Swing: Irina has huge swings on her groundstrokes. Grass takes the time away from her and balls tend to skid through close to the lines.

4.) Topspin: While the flatness of her backhand will surely serve as a weapon, her topspin-heavy forehand will be much less effective.

5.) Lack of net game and versatility: She can definitely play some cute stuff from time to time, but also on a surface as fast as grass? Her play at the net is deplorable for someone of her height, but this has been elaborated here before.

6.) TBs: Even though grass is slower than it used to be, the amount of TBs played on this surface still outnumbers the other surfaces. They also tend to be longer and closer, every point matters and Irina-Camelia is zooming out far too often which explains why she is 0-6 in TBs on this surface.
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 08:22 PM   #2679
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

Well Olga is very difficult to beat when she has one of her very random good days...still disappointed for Irina Both girls are notorious chokers.

Good luck at Wimbly

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 08:49 AM   #2680
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

I have still wondered what happened to Azarenka in that second set at London Olympics Games.
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 03:40 PM   #2681

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

If someone wants to watch , her R1 Doubles match is streamed . Has even a commentator

http://www.drakulastream.eu/tennis-l...ing-video.html

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #93 - W: Vero Beach'14, Astana '14; TT-d: #96 - W: Astana '14, Landisville'14 w/ Palin6o, Zawada'14; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #33 - W: New Haven '14; RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #8 - W: Rome '14, Baku '14
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 04:59 PM   #2682
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
I have still wondered what happened to Azarenka in that second set at London Olympics Games.
almost forgot about this one.

As far as I can remember, Azarenka was more engaged with the umpire than with the actual match. It doesn't change the fact that Irina-Camelia played some decent tennis in the second set while not hitting a ball in court for the other two.
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 05:07 PM   #2683
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Both Begu and Raluca lose. Onto Wimbledon.
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters, Na Li.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2014, 12:32 PM   #2684
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters, Na Li.

Last edited by DanLovesWTA : Jun 16th, 2014 at 12:39 PM.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2014, 04:47 PM   #2685

http://www.dolce-sport.ro/sporturi/t...100-wta-34997/