Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread! - Page 153 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 14th, 2014, 11:36 PM   #2281
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread!

More likely in a few weeks.
Advertisement

Old Mar 15th, 2014, 06:14 AM   #2282
country flag dos Santos

dos Santos has disabled reputation

dos Santos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 10:20 AM   #2283

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot for the videos, dos Santos Much appreciated
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 06:19 PM   #2284

25K Sao Paulo - Hebraica (BRA), S:

(2)Irina-Camelia Begu (ROU) d. (5)Maria Irigoyen (ARG) 62 61

I love Irina's scorelines this week Final against Russian Alexandra Panova, just like last week in Campinas, hope the winner will be the same as last week also. Hai Irina!
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 06:27 PM   #2285
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

3 games lost? too much...
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 06:29 PM   #2286

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
3 games lost? too much...
And 8 all week. Average: 2 per match.

She's definitely on the right track.
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 06:30 PM   #2287
country flag scrumm

scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all

scrumm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 09:07 PM   #2288
country flag ioana_sk8r

ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all

When Irina first dropped in the rankings, almost everyone was talking about 'going back to playing ITF's' like a big step backwards for her. While that's definitely true in terms of potential for earning points, I think this turned out to a good confidence booster for her. She is too good for these 25k's. It's just nice to see her finally playing like she believes it herself .
ioana_sk8r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 11:44 PM   #2289
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Next, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioana_sk8r View Post
When Irina first dropped in the rankings, almost everyone was talking about 'going back to playing ITF's' like a big step backwards for her. While that's definitely true in terms of potential for earning points, I think this turned out to a good confidence booster for her. She is too good for these 25k's. It's just nice to see her finally playing like she believes it herself .
It really looks as if she was playing at 5% last year. In fact it's amazing she didn't drop any lower.

In this form, she is in for the Bogota title.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2014, 12:03 AM   #2290
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

She will shock JJ in the first round !
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2014, 12:45 AM   #2291

Won the doubles title alongside Panova, her opponent in tomorrow's singles final.

The two of them beat Alvarez-Teran & Irigoyen 64 36 [11-9]
Old Mar 16th, 2014, 05:42 PM   #2292

25K Sao Paulo - Hebraica (BRA), F:

(2)Irina-Camelia Begu (ROU) d. (3/wc)Alexandra Panova (RUS) 75 46 64

Irina started bad today and was 1-4 after just 15 minutes. Somehow she managed to compose herself and came back to win the first one 75. The second set started just like the first one, with Panova breaking for a 3-0 lead, Irina came back to 3-all, only to lose the set 46 in the end. In the third they went head to head until the ninth game when Irina got the break she needed to win the final.

Irina seemed very passive, frustrated and bored today, if her left-right movement was mediocre, her back-forth movement was just awful (I can't remember if she won a point at the net today). The crowd didn't helped either, as they were all cheering for the Russian. Serving was also awful and only Panova's mistakes in the key moments made Irina a winner today.

I'm glad she won it though
Old Mar 16th, 2014, 05:49 PM   #2293
country flag ioana_sk8r

ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post
I'm glad she won it though
Yup, it's been a long two weeks for her & it's nice to see her pulling out a second win even if it wasn't pretty
ioana_sk8r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2014, 05:57 PM   #2294
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Brazilians and their over the top love for Russians Reminds me of last year's Florianopolis final.

Glad to see that, despite breazing through the draw, she was able to find some fight in her for the final. What a fantastic 2 weeks for Irina : 100 points, 10 matches won and hopefully a lot of confidence earned. May this be the beginning of a thunderous comeback.
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2014, 06:02 PM   #2295
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATS to Irina on her second consecutive title of the year On a 10-match win streak!
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote