Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread! - Page 145 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 20th, 2014, 07:45 PM   #2161
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
B3gu prevails.

Amazed by the fucks she gave in the deciding set keeping in mind that she didn't look as if she gave a single one for the majority of the match.
Everything just seems so lazy. Her footwork, her strokes... Mess
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 20th, 2014, 08:27 PM   #2162
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
Everything just seems so lazy. Her footwork, her strokes... Mess
I completely agree with your assessment and it became even more obvious in comparison to your classical South American claycourt digger that is personified by Cepede-Royg.

On the other hand I found it impressive how she was basically tanking all return games in the opening and second set as soon as she got the break. As long as her serve holds up it's nothing that I consider reprehensible, and in fact her serve held up nicely until 3-2 30-0 where she sent an easy forehand long and then the whole mess started.

Irina-Camelia is on the best way of becoming some lesser version of Kvitova. The casualty of her approach to the game, the lackadaisical footwork, the hot and cold ROS, her being an incredibly awful match player and still being able to somehow to bullshit herself to a three set win because luckily in most cases it's still her raw talent and superior game that bails her out of trouble.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 08:53 PM   #2163
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Fun fact : Begu might be the 1st ever WTA player that gets a SE for a WTA tournament (Florianopolis) !

*If she wins tomorrow's match and if Piter loses to Zakopalova.

LE : She also made the Doubles SF a few minutes ago.

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #107 - W: Vero Beach '14, Astana '14; TT-d: #116 - W: Astana '14, Landisville '14 w/ Palin6o; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #46 - W: New Haven '14; RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #20 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #69

Last edited by Nightcrawl3r : Feb 20th, 2014 at 09:04 PM.
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 10:00 PM   #2164
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

I'm glad for this win, no matter how ugly or lazy she played. She needed these wins in order to get some confidence back. And currently she's on a 5 matches winning streak, the longest since 2012 Tashkent.

Local girl Teliana Pereira next. Hai Irina!
Old Feb 21st, 2014, 03:55 PM   #2165

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Lost the 1st set : 4-6.

Does anyone have a better stream than this bad one ? http://0eb.net/playerallr.php?id=802226 . drakulastream doesn't seem to work.

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #107 - W: Vero Beach '14, Astana '14; TT-d: #116 - W: Astana '14, Landisville '14 w/ Palin6o; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #46 - W: New Haven '14; RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #20 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #69
Old Feb 21st, 2014, 03:56 PM   #2166

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

46 first set
Old Feb 21st, 2014, 04:08 PM   #2167
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
Lost the 1st set : 4-6.

Does anyone have a better stream than this bad one ? http://0eb.net/playerallr.php?id=802226 . drakulastream doesn't seem to work.

Try sportlemon.tv ? Quality isn't great but drakula not working for me either.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Feb 21st, 2014, 04:11 PM   #2168

Same "quality" on sportlemon.tv...
Old Feb 21st, 2014, 04:23 PM   #2169

Haven't seen Irina play all week, but somehow beating a seed, reaching the qf and winning 4 matches here already made me think she was getting some sort of form back. Couldn't have been more wrong
Old Feb 21st, 2014, 04:25 PM   #2170
country flag scrumm

scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all

She looks really weird on clay. Or probably is just me...
scrumm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2014, 04:31 PM   #2171
country flag scrumm

scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all

break, 2 UE Taliana, although I don't see Irina wining this
Old Feb 21st, 2014, 04:45 PM   #2172
country flag scrumm

Oh Irina, So you broke for 4-3 and after that you lost the next 3 games.
Old Feb 21st, 2014, 04:45 PM   #2173

46 46

Horrible, da capo al fine.
Old Feb 21st, 2014, 04:48 PM   #2174

P.S : Who was the guy in Green+ black for Begu ? Because A. Cruciat (her "official" coach) is in Romania.

Old Feb 21st, 2014, 04:53 PM   #2175
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Irina needs a shrink and a ROS.

Pereira actually looks like a decent player when she is facing someone who feeds her with enough pace so that doesn't have to create some on her own. Her consistency from the baseline in defense position is impressive to say the least.

What to say about Irina-Camelia? The good thing is that her serve seems to be back firing, she was losing this match on the returning end and on her own nerves. She dominated nearly every rally, but usually was the one throwing in the error, although she barely received any gifts.
I don't think there is any player on the tour hitting the ball with smaller average net clearance than she does.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote