Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread! - Page 141 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 14th, 2014, 09:16 AM   #2101
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread!

Heartbreaking
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 14th, 2014, 09:28 AM   #2102
country flag scrumm

scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all

No!
scrumm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 12:14 PM   #2103
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

How the fuck was this possible ?

I don't think I've seen anyone in 9 years of following tennis, blow a 5-1 + serve like that in the decisive

And had at least 2 consecutive MPs at *5-3

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #85 - W: Vero Beach, Astana, Antalya I ('14); TT-d: #96 - W: Astana, Landisville w/ Palin6o, Zawada w/ traddles ('14); RUP: Beinasco, Prague w/ Crux S, Contrexeville ('14);
Suicide: #33 - W: New Haven; RUP: Acapulco ('14); FITD: #8 - W: Rome, Baku ('14)

Last edited by Nightcrawl3r : Jan 14th, 2014 at 01:46 PM.
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 01:22 PM   #2104
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post

I don't think I've seen anyone in 9 years of following tennis, blow a 5-1 + serve like that.
In case you haven't seen anything like this before, you missed Sorana Cirstea vs. Heather Watson in the first round in Miami 2012
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 01:49 PM   #2105

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

^ Didn't see that one . My tablet shut down after Hanescu won and Begu was *5-3 ,40-15 and I slept in peace .

I checked in other places in the "morning" because I couldn't believe my eyes.

Conclusion : My tablet knew what it was going to happen and decided to let me sleep

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #85 - W: Vero Beach, Astana, Antalya I ('14); TT-d: #96 - W: Astana, Landisville w/ Palin6o, Zawada w/ traddles ('14); RUP: Beinasco, Prague w/ Crux S, Contrexeville ('14);
Suicide: #33 - W: New Haven; RUP: Acapulco ('14); FITD: #8 - W: Rome, Baku ('14)
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 03:53 PM   #2106
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How the fuck was this possible ?

I don't think I've seen anyone in 9 years of following tennis, blow a 5-1 + serve like that in the decisive

And had at least 2 consecutive MPs at *5-3
Quote:
Year-End results 2012

Sydney:
Sofia Arvidsson def. Alexandra Dulgheru 6-7, 7-6, 7-5, Alexandra led by a break in the 2nd and had a MP at 6*-5.

Hobart:
Angelique Kerber def. Sorana Cirstea 6-0 3-6 7-5, Sorana blew 5-2* and 2 MPs at 5*-3

Indian Wells:
Aleksandra Wozniak def. Monica Niculescu 4-6 6-3 6-4, Monica blew a 4*-0 lead in the 3rd
Heather Watson def. Sorana Cirstea 6-3 3-6 7-6, Sorana blew a 5-0* lead in the 3rd and 2MPs at 5-4
Marion Bartoli def. Simona Halep 6-4 7-6, Simona blew 8 SPs in the 2nd set

Barcelona:
Yuliya Beygelzimer def. Alexandra Cadantu 6-3 7-6(4), Alexandra had 3 SPs at 5-4* in the 2nd set, but couldn't convert.

Madrid:
Lourdes Dominguez-Lino def. Monica Niculescu 6-0 7-6(6), Monica blew 6*-5 40-0 and further SPs in the TB
Anabel Medina Garrigues def. Sorana Cirtsea 6-1 3-6 7-5, Sorana 0/7 on BPs in the 3rd to AMG's 1/1 (which was the 1st MP lost on DF)

French Open:
Nina Bratchikova def. Monica Niculescu 0-6 6-3 6-3, Monica led H2H 3-0 against a player who has lost 9 of her last 10 matches, completely lost plot after the early bagel.

s'Hertogenbosch:
Francesca Schiavone def. Irina-Camelia Begu 6-2 2-6 7-6(8), Irina-Camelia led by 4-2 40-30 in the final set and had 6 consecutive MPs at 6-0 in the final set tiebreak, as well as 2 further ones at 7-6 and 8-7.

Montreal:
Samatha Stsour def. Simona Halep 7-5 4-4 Ret., Simona wasted a 5-1 lead in record time and was able to play a competitive second set until the retirement.

US Open:
Silvia Soler-Espinosa def. Irina-Camelia Begu 6-4 7-6(5), Begu wasted a 5-2 lead in the 2nd set tiebreak. Of course this loss was a back-up followed by the victory against a Top 10 player.

Tokyo:
Nadia Petrova def. Simona Halep 7-6(4) 6-0. Halep lead by a break twice in the 1st set and had a SP at 5-3*, couldn't convert, failed to win a single point on serve in the TB and completely collapsed afterwards.

Linz:
Petra Martic def. Sorana Cîrstea 6-4 6-3. Sorana finishing the match with a 0/10 BP conversion.

Asuncion:
Veronica Cepede Royg def. Raluca Olaru 5-7 7-6(7) 6-2. Raluca led 7-5 4-2 and had 2 consecutive MPs at 6-4 in the 2nd set tiebreak.
For someone who has already wasted a 6-0 TB lead, no biggie.

Quote:
Conclusion : My tablet knew what it was going to happen and decided to let me sleep

There is barely a more deflating feeling than staying up the night to watch your fave playing a long and dramatic tennis match and losing it.

We have all been there.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 04:13 PM   #2107
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Now we know that the problem is 100% mental, nothing to do with the shoulder.
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 04:46 PM   #2108

Exclamation Re: Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread!

Thanks for those results Curcubeu.

Anyway, only Cirstea-s match from IW is how it happened last night with Begu. The other ones happen from time to time.

Also, Niculescu's match from IW and Begu's match from s'-Hertogenbosch are very very close.

Glad that weren't televised

If she would have won this match ,we could have said she might have been back on the right track (more or less) but now I'm afraid she might get sucked-in a deeper "hole".

Old Jan 14th, 2014, 04:51 PM   #2109
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Irina-Camelia became an utter mental trainwreck. Just look at her matches this week:

Galina Voskoboeva def. Irina-Camelia Begu 7-5, 4-6, 7-5
Irina-Camelia Begu def. Madison Brengle 6-3, 5-7, 6-1
Irina-Camelia Begu def. Jovana Jaksic 6-3, 1-6, 6-4
Irina-Camelia Begu def. Stephanie Vogt 4-6, 6-2, 8-6

The scorelines are nightmare inducing regardless of opponent. You already see and feel the choke by looking at them, see her insecurity when it comes to her coaching, the cluelessness when it comes to her gamestyle, the lack of focus for the game, but at the same time the way she could destroy these opponents if she would get her act together for once.

It seems to me as if the opponent doesn't even matter anymore. Let her play against Majeric on Monday, Voskoboeva on Tuesday and Lepchenko on Wednesday and you will get the same messiness, the same up and down play, the same mental brainfarts. She is receiving one cakewalk draw after another, so it's hard to get some reference, but it really looks like it.

I just wish to see her routining a player (inside the Top 200) 6-3 6-2 even if it's only Cohen or Sema.
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 03:32 AM   #2110
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Truly pathetic in every way
Doubles against Niculescu/Zakopalova, a team that won Shenzhen and Hobart already this year

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 04:14 AM   #2111
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
^ Didn't see that one . My tablet shut down after Hanescu won and Begu was *5-3 ,40-15 and I slept in peace .

I checked in other places in the "morning" because I couldn't believe my eyes.

Or you took your eyes off the match and that's why she lost
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 05:32 AM   #2112
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

3-6 2-6 in doubles

Old Feb 6th, 2014, 09:50 PM   #2113
country flag Curcubeu

Fed Cup: Niculescu/Begu def. Babos/Jani 6-7 6-2 6-0

Tennis Romania saved.
Old Feb 8th, 2014, 07:10 AM   #2114
country flag hellas719

She also saved the team against Great Britain

Old Feb 9th, 2014, 05:12 AM   #2115
country flag hellas719

She won singles today
It meant nothing, but still