Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread! - Page 124 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 11th, 2013, 07:21 PM   #1846
country flag *O.R*

*O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread!

No one seems to care on GM that she's out...I thought she'd get more attention seeing as she was the defending champion and has caused upsets in the past.

Petrova _ Stosur _ Kuznetsova _ Kanepi _ Rybarikova _ Makarova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Sharapova _ Vesnina _ Hantuchova _ Flipkens _ Jankovic _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Lucic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Hercog _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Pliskovas _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele
*O.R* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 11th, 2013, 07:44 PM   #1847
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Many people probably still haven't seen her play yet.

I remember when she had her first big scalp with Kuznetsova in Marbella. No one was giving her any praise, they all bashed on Sveta for losing to a qualifier ranked that low. Most people commented haven't even watched the match.

She got the award for WTA's newcomer of the year, no one noticed.

Then, she defeated Wozniacki at the US Open last year. Barely any words on her game, all bashing and laughter for Caroline's flop.

She went on winning Tashkent. I've never seen less comments in a WTA final match thread. She was just spoiling the party for what should have been Vekic's big triumph.

Of course no one would comment on her now if they didn't even care about her when she could actually play tennis. However, I saw her name getting mentioned in the' Biggest underachiever' thread and yes, I have to agree fully by this.
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 08:06 PM   #1848
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie_R View Post
No one seems to care on GM that she's out...I thought she'd get more attention seeing as she was the defending champion and has caused upsets in the past.
I can't blame them, honestly.

A couple of years ago I really thought that she was going to make it big. But I guess the "curse" of the Best Newcomer Award spoiled her, like it did to a couple of other talented players in these last years: Sania Mirza (2005), raked as high as 27 at some point is nowadays only a doubles player, Agnes Szavay (2007) peaked at no. 13 in the Rankings then had to retire form professional tennis soon after, Mel Oudin (2009), ranked 31 at her best finds herself outside top 100 losing to just about anybody she plays with, Irina (2011) - we all know her story and where she is right now. It seems like whoever picks that award in the odd years is destined to become a "one hit wonder" on the tennis scene

I really hope Irina will find the mental strength to overcome the issues she's facing right now, but I don't believe that she's gonna make it big anymore. Some days she's not even mediocre, to say the least.
Belle de Jour is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 08:41 PM   #1849
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post
It seems like whoever picks that award in the odd years is destined to become a "one hit wonder" on the tennis scene
Thinking about it, there might even be a connection between rising fast and sinking low.

Quick success spoils and lifts the expectations to an amount that usually exceeds the limits of the doable. You want to repeat such an awesome year, but find yourself back at reality soon enough.

Someone who really has to work his/her ranking up by hard work and continually over the years, might be much more apt in dealing with difficulties than other players who seem to be gifted much more naturally.

For example, I can't see Cadantu playing such a stinker year.

Thus said, Irina-Camelia definitely suffered from those shoulder problems. I mean, you don't start a match with 3 DFs in one service game that don't even make it over the net, if you are feeling fine. It needs extensive work for her in the future and a good coaching team to get back where she was and where she should be game wise.
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 09:07 PM   #1850

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Thus said, Irina-Camelia definitely suffered from those shoulder problems. I mean, you don't start a match with 3 DFs in one service game that don't even make it over the net, if you are feeling fine. It needs extensive work for her in the future and a good coaching team to get back where she was and where she should be game wise.
I stopped blaming the shoulder for her performances lately. I mean if she's out there playing tournaments she must be fine. You can ignore a serious medical problem only for a short period, not for months. If you ignore it for longer than half a year it means it's not a real problem.
Seems to me that her problems are more on the level of determination & concentration. And those problems don't just go away like that. She needs lots of help and a coach. She doesn't have one currently. I mean I saw her traveling with a guy and also had the chance to listen to some on-court coaching that boy gave her during her match against Panova. He just sat next to her and told her that she played great, he wasn't convincing at all. Irina complained about the way Panova returned, he had no advice for her and he just left the court shortly after. With this "coaching team" I only pray that she doesn't sink even lower.
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 09:42 PM   #1851
country flag Curcubeu

I don't want to pull the shoulder as a cheap excuse, but not seeing it as main factor for her downfall would be wrong as well. It brought a lot of insecurity in her game as the serve was actually the thing she could always rely on even on bad days, but now it's adding another element of error proneness to her game which makes things worse.

The thing that concerns me most in Irina-Camelia's game are the error she hits. It not like Sorana, just going for too much everytime, she just misses routine shots from neutral positions on court, pure sloppiness.
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 11:50 AM   #1852
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all

Did not see Irina because I have not followed Tashkent this week.
It seems that the person with her was Cruciat.

Just read this on another forum.
<<Ca tot veni vorba de Begu, nu inteleg cum poate juca atat de slab. Imi amintesc ca in trecut fusesem impresionat de cat de plat, puternic, bine plasat si de o mare acuratete erau loviturile sale. Acum e la pamant. Cu Panova, dupa ce a castigat primul set greu, in tie break, Irina isi cheama antrenorul. Vine omul, umil, se aseaza pe scaun si incepe sa ii spuna sa nu mai loveasca atat de puternic tot timpul ca face greseli, sa incerce serviciul si la teu ca sa varieze putin, chestii tactice in general. la un moment dat antrenorul se opreste si o intreaba "vrei sa vorbesc mai mult eu? Te intreb ca am vazut ca esti cam iritata de ce spun." Iar Irina ii zice "pai spune-mi si tu ceva, tu imi zici doar cum sa joc" Si apoi incepe antrenorul sa ii zica sa fie atenta, ca joaca bine etc pana cand nu mai avea vorbe de incurajare si, desi mai era timp, antrenorul ii spune, "te las, atentie cum incepi setul 2">>
NICULESCU----- Olaru Dinu A.Bogdan
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #1853

Quote:
Originally Posted by soimu View Post
Did not see Irina because I have not followed Tashkent this week.
It seems that the person with her was Cruciat.

Just read this on another forum.
<<Ca tot veni vorba de Begu, nu inteleg cum poate juca atat de slab. Imi amintesc ca in trecut fusesem impresionat de cat de plat, puternic, bine plasat si de o mare acuratete erau loviturile sale. Acum e la pamant. Cu Panova, dupa ce a castigat primul set greu, in tie break, Irina isi cheama antrenorul. Vine omul, umil, se aseaza pe scaun si incepe sa ii spuna sa nu mai loveasca atat de puternic tot timpul ca face greseli, sa incerce serviciul si la teu ca sa varieze putin, chestii tactice in general. la un moment dat antrenorul se opreste si o intreaba "vrei sa vorbesc mai mult eu? Te intreb ca am vazut ca esti cam iritata de ce spun." Iar Irina ii zice "pai spune-mi si tu ceva, tu imi zici doar cum sa joc" Si apoi incepe antrenorul sa ii zica sa fie atenta, ca joaca bine etc pana cand nu mai avea vorbe de incurajare si, desi mai era timp, antrenorul ii spune, "te las, atentie cum incepi setul 2">>
Intr-adevar, parea cunoscut, dar nu stiam de unde sa-l iau. Cruciat era. Si da, aia cu "vrei sa vorbesc mai mult eu?" a fost epocala. Ideea e ca mai mult au tacut unul langa altul decat sa vorbeasca, iar cand si-au spus ceva totusi, ceva-ul ala era dintr-un alt film, total neconvingator sau irelevant pentru ce se intamplase pe teren pana atunci.
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 01:53 PM   #1854
country flag *O.R*

*O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Many people probably still haven't seen her play yet.

I remember when she had her first big scalp with Kuznetsova in Marbella. No one was giving her any praise, they all bashed on Sveta for losing to a qualifier ranked that low. Most people commented haven't even watched the match.

She got the award for WTA's newcomer of the year, no one noticed.

Then, she defeated Wozniacki at the US Open last year. Barely any words on her game, all bashing and laughter for Caroline's flop.

She went on winning Tashkent. I've never seen less comments in a WTA final match thread. She was just spoiling the party for what should have been Vekic's big triumph.

Of course no one would comment on her now if they didn't even care about her when she could actually play tennis. However, I saw her name getting mentioned in the' Biggest underachiever' thread and yes, I have to agree fully by this.
Yeah, that's completely true. A lot of the Romanian girls don't get a lot of notice on GM tbh...besides Sorana...and only Simona this year thanks to her success.

In that thread on GM today about who will win Newcomer of the year, people were saying that Irina-Camelia didn't deserve it, and that Pervak did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post
I can't blame them, honestly.

A couple of years ago I really thought that she was going to make it big. But I guess the "curse" of the Best Newcomer Award spoiled her, like it did to a couple of other talented players in these last years: Sania Mirza (2005), raked as high as 27 at some point is nowadays only a doubles player, Agnes Szavay (2007) peaked at no. 13 in the Rankings then had to retire form professional tennis soon after, Mel Oudin (2009), ranked 31 at her best finds herself outside top 100 losing to just about anybody she plays with, Irina (2011) - we all know her story and where she is right now. It seems like whoever picks that award in the odd years is destined to become a "one hit wonder" on the tennis scene

I really hope Irina will find the mental strength to overcome the issues she's facing right now, but I don't believe that she's gonna make it big anymore. Some days she's not even mediocre, to say the least.
I'm really hoping she can break through....her game is too good not to...beautiful groundstrokes, a good serve and very nice touch at the net.

Petrova _ Stosur _ Kuznetsova _ Kanepi _ Rybarikova _ Makarova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Sharapova _ Vesnina _ Hantuchova _ Flipkens _ Jankovic _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Lucic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Hercog _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Pliskovas _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele
*O.R* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2013, 07:35 AM   #1855
country flag Curcubeu

WTA Seoul, Main Draw:

(6)Goerges v Doi
Begu v Q
(wc)Ye-Ra Lee v Gavrilova
Medina Garrigues v (3)Pavlyuchenkova

DEAD at another cakewalk draw.

Win a match, please.
Old Sep 14th, 2013, 11:27 AM   #1856
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Maybe she can get 2 MD Wins after 11 months
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2013, 08:06 PM   #1857

Irina got Xinyun Han (WTA 398) in the first round, the lowest ranked qualifier in Seoul this year. Getting second chances after second chances on top of second chances
Old Sep 16th, 2013, 09:05 PM   #1858
country flag Curcubeu

Irina-Camelia's R1 opponents in 2013 with ranking as of 16th Septembre:

Hobart: Pironkova (99)
Australian Open: Rus (215)
Pattaya: Panova (177)
Acapulco: Tomljanovic (88)
Indian Wells: Watson (78)
Miami: Erakovic (55)
Kattowice: Johansson (120)
French Open: Soler-Espinosa (87)
Rosmalen: Mestach (142)
Wimbledon: Torro-Flor/ first ever grass court match (73)
Palermo: Voracova (169)
Bad Gastein: Witthoeft (180)
Toronto Q: Marosi (842)
Cincinnati Q: Cepelova (96)
New Haven Q: Soler-Espinosa (87)
US Open: U. Radwanska (39)
Tashkent: Panova (177)
Seoul: Han (398)

One, in numbers 1 Top 50 player

Old Sep 17th, 2013, 07:06 AM   #1859

I. Begu d. (Q)X. Han 63 64

Goerges next.
Old Sep 17th, 2013, 08:28 AM   #1860
country flag Curcubeu

10 DFs in 9 service games
19% won on 2nd serve
0/5 on BPs saved

and still winning in straight sets

Looks as if Seoul denied us the biggest WTA shitfest in the history of the game by pushing it to the smallest court.