Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread! - Page 107 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 28th, 2013, 04:06 PM   #1591
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
French TV just showed Princess sleeping on a couch next to Marion
Besides the Romanian girls, Irina's closest friends on the tour are Marion and Alize, so I'm not at all surprised.
Advertisement

Old May 28th, 2013, 05:37 PM   #1592

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute

Lost the opening set 36

C'mon Irina, you can do this!
Old May 28th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #1593
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

What is so special in Soler-Espinosa's game that Irina can't handle it?
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 06:00 PM   #1594

Dunno, Irina should know better.

Next stop 100K Marseille next week, but I'd strongly recommend some time off the tour and some good serious coaching instead.
She's going nowhere right now.
Old May 28th, 2013, 06:13 PM   #1595
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy the prize money, Princess.

And keep on taking lessons from Queen Marion.

Wouldn't read anything at all into this match as she was obviously still injured and couldn't care less. She is actually always injured when playing Soler, either on her shoulder or in her brain.

Even at 50%, she would routine such no gamers with ease.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 06:25 PM   #1596
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncurv View Post
Dunno, Irina should know better.

Next stop 100K Marseille next week, but I'd strongly recommend some time off the tour and some good serious coaching instead.
She's going nowhere right now.
There is really no need for Irina-Camelia to rush anything. She can win any clay MM there is on the WTA even being unranked, simply because she is having as much game as half of the Top 100 together.

The problem is that Irina-Camelia barely plays back to back tournaments without injury issues, not even a single event this year being remotely fit.

She should really really look after herself first. Time will come. She is insanely talented, but can't get any momentum at all.
Old May 28th, 2013, 06:34 PM   #1597

Well, she might have the game, but she fails to show it lately. Could have won easily, but she lost again.
And all this talk about her still being injured is silly.
Her shoulder problem is still there, it doesn't go just like that with physiotherapy, it's something that can only be solved with surgery. So the talk should be: how bad this injury is?
If this is something really ugly she's making a huge mistake getting on the court and playing matches (let alone the fact that since last October she gathered far more loses than wins) and she'll probably hate herself later for this foolish decision.
But I doubt that and it seems to me that it's nothing that big. Perhaps it's just a mild pain, affecting only her service. And if this is the case she should get, just as I suggested in my previous post, some serious coaching and some therapy sessions.

I know she can take down the whole draw in Marseille, but I doubt that she will at this point. Last December she went to a challenger in Dubai if I'm not mistaken, as the second seed, by far beeing the most talented girl on that field and she lost to some no name ranked outside the top 300. Only won 3 games in that match. Could have won that tournament? For sure. But she didn't. Story of all our female tennis players these days.
Old May 28th, 2013, 06:40 PM   #1598
country flag Curcubeu

I can understand Irina-Camelia playing. She needs the money and you may draw someone completely useless (like Rus at AO) and get that 100 points, so why not.

Fact is, she shouldn't play being hampered like that. Since Linz, she is serving at 50% of her pace and therefore seems completely insecure what to do out there. I can remember her match against Errani from Barcelona last year. I have barely seen a better serving performance on clay from anyone not named Serena.

Either taking time off and completely recover or as you said, try out some therapeutical stuff. She is really going nowhere like that.
Old May 28th, 2013, 06:40 PM   #1599

Irina Spirlea: 'Una dintre fete va juca o finala de Mare Slem'

This seemed possible and even probable back in 2011, now it feels like Spirlea only wanted to "show" us all how much her semifinal at the US Open really meant
Old May 28th, 2013, 06:52 PM   #1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
I can understand Irina-Camelia playing. She needs the money and you may draw someone completely useless (like Rus at AO) and get that 100 points, so why not.
I can understand her playing only if her injury is nothing serious. If there are serious problems, she has no justification for this, as I really doubt that she plays to win some money for the surgery. Unlike Cadantu & Gojnea she comes from a good family where money is no problem (just like Halep & Copil).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Either taking time off and completely recover or as you said, try out some therapeutical stuff. She is really going nowhere like that.
Best decision she could take at this time. Someone I know who used to work with her and Ema Bogdan as a junior told me that she is definitely top 20 material, but most likely she won't get there. About Ema he told me that she could never get higher than 150. He was right about Ema.
Old May 28th, 2013, 06:56 PM   #1601

Oh, I'm just pissed and I hate crappy Spanish female tennis players. Medina, you're my number one, with butch Carlita and this Soler-Espinosa a close second and third on my black list.

Always hated them, but now I hate them even more
Old May 28th, 2013, 06:58 PM   #1602
country flag Curcubeu

The lack of help from the federation plays a huge role in that IMO. Just compare it with France which is having an excellent system of federational coaches and staff.
It's so much easier for them to get a professional surrounding with people having know-how about the tennis business.

Now, the Romanian WTA players. Sorana is the only one with a professional team. Adidas development team it is and her looks which helped her getting an early contract with them. When Sorana had her lows, she could still train in Las Vegas with Graf and co., get advice from so many different coaches and in the end they even found her a Romanian coach under their contract who seems to work really well with her, even though she might not appreciate it.
If it wasn't for the Adidas team, Sorana could now join the club of Olaru and Bogdan in the lost hope section.

Our other bunch of players have a nowhere WTA worthy coaching surrounding. Begu and Halep even rotate their coaches. I have never seen or heard this before.
Monica is a hard worker and tenacious, but it was simple luck for her finding a coach who was willing to accept her unorthodox game and develop it. How is it possible to develop such a game? - Being far far away from your usual coaching hot spots of the big academies in America and co.

Cadantu's game is completely do it yourself - same problem like Monica. She has to claw the straws and made 1000% out of their limited ressources. Her being Top 100 is like Steaua Bucharest winning matches in Champions League.

Most of these girls are still young and they need a hand to hold on to and some financial securities behind. It's not surprising Irina-camellia is still playing being injured. She has to.
There is no way our girls are less talented than the masses of American chicks who are coming up now, but they are living in a completely different world.
Old May 28th, 2013, 07:14 PM   #1603

Man, France use to rule the world back in the days. French language was the second most spoken language on the planet. You cannot compare us to them. We've always been poor and we will always be poor as a nation, but this never stopped Nastase, Tiriac, Ruzici or Florenta Mihai. They only did it with their huge talent and limited material resources.

From all these girls you named Sorana is the most successful and the lesser talented one. She had luck, a strong arm, two strong legs and some will. Both Begu and Halep are by far more talented than Sorana, but fail to provide. Yet. Cadantu made it in the top 100 despite the money, the sponsors and the talent. She gets her drive from (I hate to say this, but it is true) poverty and always lacking things as a good team behind her. I'm pretty sure you can still make it despite a big team. I know it definitely helps, but it's not a 100% sure way of getting there.
The problem is their coaching, indeed, and the fact that some of these girls (with Monica being perhaps the only exception among the Romanians in top 100) chose to let themselves "trained" by their boyfriends. It must be very hard for them to always be on the run, on tour week in and week out, as they are still young women and have limited time for family, friends & love stuff, but mixing work with pleasure hardly helps here. It can help in other fields of activity, but it rarely does here.
Old May 28th, 2013, 07:23 PM   #1604
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Some good analysis and information from you, Curcubeu. I really appreciate it. I like reading your posts more than professional articles.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 07:26 PM   #1605
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Sorana is a very talented girl but she insist to play this ball bashing style not suited with her growing up on clay. I watched some matches when she simply changed her game to a more patient one, keeping balls in play and waiting for the best opportunity to hit decisively. Unfortunately she does this very seldom.

Uncurv, are you from Craiova? Did you talk wit Cojan about Elena?
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote