ATC Hall Of Fame - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 10th, 2009, 08:11 PM   #1
country flag The Daviator

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute
ATC Hall Of Fame

Hall Of Fame

S1 Entrant

Nathalie Dechy

Nationality - FRA
Coach - Farina Elia Fan
Season-high rank - #1
Season-end rank - #7

W - Australian Open
RU - Strasbourg
SF - Gold Coast, Antwerp, YEC

Nathalie Dechy only finished 7th in S1, but she was arguably the star of the season. She won the first ever Grand Slam on the ATC and was the second player to be ranked #1, it wasn't long before her huge success inevitably led to fame. Endorsement deals, photoshoots and movie cameos all went her way, but with them came Nathalie's demise. The fame went to her head, spats with the tour director ensued and her tennis career took a nosedive, a spell in rehab followed soon after and ultimately her retirement shortly into season 2. Nathalie will always be remembered though, indeed the ATC award for biggest bitch is named in her honour, and for her amazing legacy, she makes it into the hall of fame, congratulations Nathalie.

S2 Entrant

Michaella Krajicek

Nationality - NED
Coach - Imperfect Angel
Season-high rank - #1
Season-end rank - #1

W - Birmingham, 's-Hertogenbosch, New Haven, Quebec City
RU - Wimbledon
SF - Montreal, US Open

Michaella Krajicek is one of the ATC's most notorious figures, universally despised by the fans, the media, and her fellow players. Despite this however, she has managed to persevere and has carved out an extremely successful career for herself on the ATC, highlighted by her impressive second season. Although she didn't capture a title above Tier II level, Misa was the model of consistency and as a result finished the season with 4 titles and the #1 ranking, she was also part of the gripping Wimbledon final which she narrowly lost to Amelie Mauresmo. Misa is still going strong, having just won the S3 YEC, but for her dominance of Mickey Mouse events this season, she makes it into the hall of fame, congratulations Misa.

S3 Entrant

Alicia Molik

Nationality - AUS
Coach - Harvs
Season-high rank - #1
Season-end rank - #2

W - Auckland, Sydney, Australian Open, Antwerp, Quebec City
RU - N/A
SF - Eastbourne

It's hard to believe, but for a long time Alicia Molik was the best player on tour without a title. Well that all changed in season 3 when she bagged a record 5 tour titles, including her first Grand Slam at the Australian Open. Alicia dominated the plexi surface, winning 3 of the 4 titles on that surface, before picking up two more titles indoors. Her gamestyle baffled many of her rivals and she was #1 for the entire season before being pipped to the top spot at the end of the season by Maria Sharapova, nevertheless for her huge success this season, she makes it into the hall of fame, congratulations Alicia.

S4 Entrant

Kim Clijsters

Nationality - BEL
Coach - Hashim.
Season-high rank - #2
Season-end rank - #2

W - Roland Garros, Cincinnati
RU - Sydney, Rome
SF - Montreal, YEC

It was a tough call between Clijsters and Sharapova, had Maria won the YEC final then it might have gone her way, but the S4 entrant into the ATC hall of fame is Kim Clijsters. The Belgian became the first player to defend a Grand Slam when she won her second consecutive title at Roland Garros, before winning her first non-clay title in Cincinnati, indeed it's Clijsters' success across all surfaces this season which puts her here. She narrowly lost out on the top ranking, but for her remarkable consistency this season, she makes it into the hall of fame, congratulations Kim.

S5 Entrant

Maria Kirilenko

Nationality - RUS
Coach - MH0861
Season-high rank - #3
Season-end rank - #3

W - Auckland, Gold Coast, Eastbourne, Quebec City, YEC
RU - Wimbledon, Antwerp
SF - Strasbourg

For the second season in a row, it was a tough decision between the honouree and Maria Sharapova, and whilst a strong case can be made for Maria S, unfortunately she will have to make way for the legendary MK. You may say that MK did not win a Slam this season, but the hall of fame is so much bigger than just Slams, the deciding factor was MK's immense contribution to the game both as a player and a personality. Creating rivalries, hilarious quotes and general awesomeness, MK has been bringing star power to the ATC for 5 seasons in a row, and long many it continue. All of this is not to say that she's lacking as a player; the most titles this season, the only player to win on three different surfaces, multiple win streaks, MK is deserving all round, and for her glittering overall presence, we welcome her into the hall of fame, congratulations Maria.

S6 Entrant

Anastasia Myskina

Nationality - RUS
Coach - Uranium
Season-high rank - #1
Season-end rank - #1

W - Sydney
RU - Strasbourg
SF - Auckland, Gold Coast, Amelia Island, Roland Garros, Birmingham, Eastbourne, Wimbledon, US Open, Quebec City, YEC

Once again a tough decision had to be made, veterans Sharapova and Tanasugarn have achieved so much, but in each season there has always been at least one player who has eclipsed them. Sharapova, who has more majors than any other player in ATC history, has been so close in the past but didn't make enough of an impact this season and Tanasugarn reached a milestone by becoming the first (and so far only) player to win on all five surfaces. A Slam win for either would have sealed the deal, but it's Anastasia Myskina who is the S6 hall of fame inductee. A second consecutive season-end #1 finish could not be ignored, nor could the fact that she failed to reach the semi-finals in just 8 events played, so for her remarkable ability to out-Wozniacki the real Wozniacki, we welcome her into the hall of hame, congratulations Nastya.

S7 Entrant

Maria Sharapova

Nationality - RUS
Coach - Daniela-Is-Mine
Season-high rank - #1
Season-end rank - #4

W - Sydney, Cincinnati, Quebec City
RU - Antwerp
SF - Auckland, US Open, Moscow, YEC

At long last her time has come! Maria Sharapova is the S7 entrant into the ATC Hall of Fame. She may not have reached the heights she reached in previous seasons but her enduring presence as an elite force on the circuit is arguably Sharapova's most impressive feat. This season marked her fifth consecutive top 5 finish in the rankings, a run that is unmatched by any other player - past or present. Her win in Cincinnati also gave her the distinguished achievement of having won every hard-court event twice. Overall, she can also claim credit for having the most Grand Slams of any player in history and for having the second most weeks at #1, and no doubt there is more to come, so for her sustained excellence, we welcome her into the hall of fame, congratulations Maria.

Last edited by The Daviator : Dec 9th, 2012 at 06:56 PM.
The Daviator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 11th, 2009, 08:45 AM   #2
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ATC Hall Of Fame

Only slam winners?
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 11:55 PM   #3

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to our honourees
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 01:39 AM   #4
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Misa made it?
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 01:43 AM   #5
country flag MH0861

MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute

Two of the three Hall of Famers have been double bagelled
MH0861 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 01:47 AM   #6
ElusiveChanteuse

Yeah. So MK should be double bagelled too in order to enter the HOF.
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 03:31 AM   #7
country flag MH0861

MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm too busy collecting awards and double bagelling world #1's to have time for things like the HOF
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 07:52 AM   #8
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute

woo
Harvs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2009, 05:26 AM   #9
country flag Kevin.
Team USA ♥

Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute

tammy was a world number one. Won the Aussie Open (was it with 0 or 1 ace?) and Wimbledon?
Doubles: Rank-15; Career High-12. Career Record: 108-114; Best Results: Winner: 2012-Wimbledon w/Kylger, 50k Lexington w/Kylger, 2011-Luxembourg w/drake1980;Finalist: 2012-San Diego w/Kylger, Moscow w/Kylger

Follow me on twitter!: www.twitter.com/kevintdillon
Kevin. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 01:04 AM   #10

Congrats to the latest honouree
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 03:39 AM   #11
country flag Daniela-Is-Mine
Welcome to the Tragic Kingdom

Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute

Next year

Agnieska, Magdalena, Kate
Jelena, Ana, Stefanie, Andrea H, Angelique, Klara, Caroline
Retired: Justine, ElenaD, Camille, Ai, Zuzana, Martina, Agnes, Alona, Kim, Marion, Iveta

Last edited by Daniela-Is-Mine : Jan 4th, 2010 at 05:07 AM.
Daniela-Is-Mine is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 06:28 AM   #12
ElusiveChanteuse

Congrats Kim!

Maria
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 10:10 AM   #13
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute

congrats kim
Harvs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2010, 11:51 PM   #14

Let's all welcome our amazing S5 honouree
Old Dec 24th, 2010, 12:20 AM   #15
country flag MH0861

Queen MK! What an honor!

Perhaps an article later, right now I am compiling an official thread for the #1 Diva in the game