Dubaï or not DubaÏ, that's the question - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 16th, 2009, 10:58 AM   #31
country flag Super_Marion

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold
Re: Dubaï or not DubaÏ, that's the question

big delay at 4-4
Advertisement

Old Feb 16th, 2009, 11:04 AM   #32
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

She has to retire
Marionated is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2009, 11:04 AM   #33
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

I can't see how she can possibly finish this. She is ill.
Old Feb 16th, 2009, 11:09 AM   #34
country flag Marionated

It reminds me a lot of the match against Bammer at the US open.
Old Feb 16th, 2009, 11:22 AM   #35
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

I think she can still win, although it looks difficult now. But Marion has the game to play when she is not feeling well, she can hit winners instead of running. It is possible, but tough.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2009, 11:23 AM   #36
country flag Marionated

She's a fighter.
Old Feb 16th, 2009, 11:23 AM   #37
country flag Marionated

Some WILD errors though.
Old Feb 16th, 2009, 11:26 AM   #38
country flag Marionated

Sugiyama just not missing the 1st serve.
Old Feb 16th, 2009, 12:24 PM   #39
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

Never forget Stuttgart 2007 vs Aga. She played extremely well 6-0. And after,.......

I stopped streaming after 2nd set. Too tough to follow.
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2009, 12:29 PM   #40
country flag Marionated

Well she got through it in the end.

It was so sad when she was wiping away tears in certain points of the match.

I don't know what her chances are like against Schiavone.
Old Feb 16th, 2009, 12:33 PM   #41
country flag Bartoli's Boy

Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of

Wow, what a fighter. Can't believe she won that match. I hope that she'll be OK to play again in the next round. It must have taken a lot out of her, but it's really good to see that attitude. Marion wasn't the one looking beaten at the end, even when she had the three match points against her.

After the match she said that she didn't want to lose because it's her dad's birthday today. How cute.
Bartoli's Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2009, 01:04 PM   #42
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Oh God, Marion........
Such a terrible match to follow. She was playing too well at the beginning, I knew it would hard to keep it on. Yet I was really disgusted at the way she let exterior elements enter her mind in this second set : her Sony Ericsson patch, her skirt, her serve and finally this dizziness... She wasn't focused enough, it should have costed her the match.
Sugiyama really helped her at some points. To save the match points and to get the rebreak especially.
Bravo Baba .
Still very proud that she kept fighting. Important win. It can only bring her more mental toughness.

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2009, 01:10 PM   #43
country flag Marionated

Yes. She was very good in the 1st set. Only 1 point conceded on serve; that was a df

She should of been up 6-0 3-0 (missed easy drive volley on the second bp of Ai's first service game)

Like you said, she started to let everything bother her, and then hardly any first serves in didn't help, but I'm proud of her for grinding it out.

Schiavone only dropped two games to Dellacqua.
Old Feb 16th, 2009, 01:15 PM   #44
country flag JOCHEBEL

JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of

WTA DUBAI

R1: Marion Bartoli FRA def. Ai Sugiyama JPN 6/O 4/6 7/6(6)

WHAT A FIGHTER!

Next Oponent: Francesca Schiavone ITA
Vakulenko · Muller · Santangelo · Bammer · Dulko · Bartoli · A.Bondarenko · Clisjters · Henin · Yakimova
FITD Estoril '09 Kuala Lumpur '11
JOCHEBEL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2009, 08:03 PM   #45
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

Marion's sum up tie vs Ai on wta site : Monday day session.

Marion is scheduled to play tomorrow on court 3 vs Francesca after Alizé's match.
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote