Team USA's Fed Cup Thread - World Group II...again... - Page 170 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 3rd, 2012, 08:03 PM   #2536
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Team USA's Fed Cup Thread-Christina to open against Azarenka at 1pm! Serena to fo

I was supposed to be there tonight, but had to change plans and won't get there til tomorrow morning. Still so excited though. I'll post in here tomorrow what I'm wearing. I'm sitting at midcourt, kind of straight across from the US bench.

GO AWAY Bitch!!! We don't want your Avon.
Pump-it-UP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 3rd, 2012, 11:23 PM   #2537
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Team USA's Fed Cup Thread-Christina to open against Azarenka at 1pm! Serena to fo

Yallllllllll. Nipsy left me a PRESSED bad rep cause she mad Vika can't even take Vinas.
Old Feb 3rd, 2012, 11:53 PM   #2538
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_gunner913 View Post
Yallllllllll. Nipsy left me a PRESSED bad rep cause she mad Vika can't even take Vinas.
Whatever. I'll try to grab a few strands on Sunday and send them to him.

Old Feb 3rd, 2012, 11:56 PM   #2539
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

Is there any confirmation that Venus will take the second slot if we're tied 1-1?
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 04:26 AM   #2540
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump-it-UP View Post
Whatever. I'll try to grab a few strands on Sunday and send them to him.
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 06:11 AM   #2541
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

MJF blog - February 3

I feel good about Christina starting off tomorrow against Azarenka. She has had a lot of experience in the last year and half, she has played a few Fed Cup matches and has had a great week of practice. Obviously it is a tough matchup against Azarenka but hopefully she can make the most of her strengths, find some weaknesses on Azarenka’s side and we will see what happens but I am looking forward to it.

On Sunday, Serena plays Azarenka, who she has a good record against, and the intensity, desire and will are always there with Serena. Azarenka is coming in with a lot of confidence from winning in Australia, Serena has not played that many matches yet but she looks good in practice, she is moving better, and I think her ankle is starting to feel better. We will see. It is going to be a big match, an important match but I have a lot of confidence in Serena.

We were expecting Govortsova to play in the second singles spot for Belarus. I didn’t know her that well but my team did and they all said that with an indoor hardcourt she would probably be the one to play because she has bigger shots and a bigger game. I watched her practice yesterday; she hits the ball really well, especially off the backhand. We have to be ready. I think she is a dangerous opponent.

I could make some changes for Sunday but we will see how things go tomorrow first. Right now I am very happy with the lineup but we will see how Day 1 goes and then we will go from there as to whether the singles or doubles players change or not.

I always feel great if it comes down to the doubles. Liezel has come through every time it has been a deciding rubber, so fingers crossed. Hopefully we win before that but if we get to 2-all, I like our chances.
Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 06:15 AM   #2542
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Christina McHale - Feb. 3

Mary Joe told me this morning that I would be playing singles and it turns out I will start play tomorrow for the U.S. against Victoria Azarenka. It is maybe nice to play first because there are no results yet so I don’t have to be thinking about that in the back of my mind. The whole team has had a good week of practice and I think I have tried to do everything I can to be ready so tomorrow is just about playing every point and playing my best.

Especially today there is some anticipation and excitement for the matches. Serena plays Govortsova after I play Azarenka and then I would play Govortsova on Sunday. I have only played her in doubles but I have seen her play in singles, she has big groundstrokes, has had some good results, so they will both be tough matches. I didn’t really think about who they would play second singles before it was announced today because I knew if I played singles, I would play Azarenka on the first day. I have to focus on one day at a time and Azarenka first right now.

Tomorrow I think just I have to focus on sticking to my game. She is playing really well and I think staying within myself and not trying to do too much will be the key.
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 06:18 AM   #2543
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Old Feb 4th, 2012, 04:05 PM   #2544
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump-it-UP View Post
I was supposed to be there tonight, but had to change plans and won't get there til tomorrow morning. Still so excited though. I'll post in here tomorrow what I'm wearing. I'm sitting at midcourt, kind of straight across from the US bench.
Red hoodie layered in all gray beneath so I'll have options depending on how cold that place is. I have a white/red BU hat with me too but I'm not sure if I'll wear it. No sign today either, but I'll haev something for tomorrrow.

Old Feb 4th, 2012, 04:24 PM   #2545
country flag Noctis
Marcela X

Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a stream?
Noctis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 04:26 PM   #2546
Praise thy name.

LOL @ that pic of Liezel jumping on Venus.
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 05:20 PM   #2547
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future
Re: Team USA's Fed Cup Thread-Christina to open against Yakimova at 1pm! Serena to fo

Go Christina.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #2548
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Re: Team USA's Fed Cup Thread-Christina to open against Yakimova at 1pm! Serena to fo

Update after Day 1 around the world. All matches are complete except USA-Belarus.

Russia, Czech, and Japan all lead 2-0 heading into Day 2. Serbia-Belgium, Italy-Ukraine, Slovak-France, and Australia-Switzerland are all tied 1-1.

If USA wins, then they would go to the World Group Play-Off against most likely Spain, Belgium, Ukraine, Germany, Japan, Slovak Republic, and Australia.

The drawings are done based on rankings. The top 4 ranked play the lower ranked 4 teams. That means:
USA, Belgium, Spain, Ukraine vs. Germany, Australia, Slovak Republic, and Japan. Unless the rankings change after Sunday.

For once it would be nice to get a good draw, so here's to hoping for Japan or Slovak Republic.

If we lose (which at this point is highly doubtful) then world group II play-off would be calling.

China, Argentina, Great Britain, and Sweden have all qualified into WG II PO already. They will compete against Belarus, Slovenia, France and Switzerland most likely.

Old Feb 4th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #2549
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

I would bet my dollars that USA win the tie.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #2550
country flag swim4life227

swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute

Woulda been nice to see Xtina play Vika. Vika is her bitch. She beat her in an exho final and at Family Circle Cup (via retirement....but still).
swim4life227 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote