Team USA's Fed Cup Thread - World Group II...again... - Page 165 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 17th, 2011, 04:37 PM   #2461
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Team USA's Fed Cup Thread - April 16-17, In Stuttgart! Lost, Hey there WG II.

And whatever, I'll spill the rumor.

Supposedly the German commentators are under the impression that Beth and MJF are having problems, leading to Beth not wanting to come to Germany. Now what I perceive from this is that then the USTA, MJF and Beth all then came up with the idea that Beth is injured to make MJF look less like a bitch. We've seen this before with Shenay lying about a wrist injury so MJF and USTA could get their way with Christina being on the team.

The story may be true or not true, but it would hardly surprise me. And they also said that this is MJF's last time as captain, partly due to them being bumped to WG II for the first time. This I find hard to believe because MJF took them to 2 finals. But wouldn't surprise me since US has hit rock bottom in going to WG II for the first time.

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 17th, 2011, 04:58 PM   #2462
country flag Ianto_Jones

Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future
Re: Team USA's Fed Cup Thread - April 16-17, In Stuttgart! Lost, Hey there WG II.

Without a Williams, or Bethanie.... USA.
Old Apr 17th, 2011, 05:05 PM   #2463
country flag Njay16
She's back. Why you mad?

Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder what kind of "problems" they are having. Haven't seen any ways that MJF could have snubbed Beth, but maybe they just don't get along. Beth cheered them on via twitter, which leads me to believe everything is ok

This won't be MJF's last year, and if it was that would be pure BS on the USTA's part.
Njay16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2011, 05:07 PM   #2464
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

^No, she was cheering on the girls, she has no beef with them and obviously wants them to win, but MJF clearly not. A rumor is a rumor unless proven though, everything is just speculation.

Old Apr 17th, 2011, 05:15 PM   #2465
country flag Njay16
She's back. Why you mad?

Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute

Germany just pwned us all weekend. From tennis to exposing the team secrets.
Old Apr 17th, 2011, 05:23 PM   #2466
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Vania King - April 16

Hey everyone!

Blogging here from Stuttgart, Germany which is a really nice city, and fun fact, is one of the safest in Europe. I haven't been to Germany since I was 13 playing a junior ITF event, so it's really nice to come back as an "adult" (I say that term loosely ) and appreciate the sites in a different perspective.

Team USA had a rough first day, but we are ready to bounce back today! Liezel and I really want it to come down to the doubles, and Mel and Christina are ready to make it happen.

I arrived Wednesday morning from Miami so I had missed the first two practice days, but I feel ready and the team has been practicing well. I got the call on Monday from Mary Joe and had to make a split second decision as I knew she didn't have time, and I really wanted to come! Wednesday afternoon I practiced (very blearily), Thursday we had the official dinner, Friday another practice and Saturday match, so it seems like the days have flown by fast.

Yesterday evening we had another round of games, this time instead of charades, we did Pictionary. I have to admit all the players have become extremely proficient in charades and guessing their team members' thoughts. Pictionary was a bit of a challenge since we usually don't play it and some people are better at drawing than others, but I think we all did fairly well, although I want to say my team won .

Now I'm off to breakfast to get ready for a hopefully long and successful day!

Vania
Old Apr 17th, 2011, 05:25 PM   #2467
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

I want them to get Venus to blog.
Old Apr 17th, 2011, 05:28 PM   #2468
country flag Srodgers

Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone even mentioned venus in their blogs?
Old Apr 17th, 2011, 05:35 PM   #2469
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

No.

Old Apr 17th, 2011, 07:08 PM   #2470
country flag Wintermute

Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
And they also said that this is MJF's last time as captain, partly due to them being bumped to WG II for the first time.
They're not seriously looking for a fall guy for this are they? I believe MJF went with the best that was available and we got outplayed pure and simple.
Wintermute is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2011, 08:27 PM   #2471
country flag swim4life227

swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute

We're going to get bumped to America's Zone at this rate Seriously though, what a humiliating last three ties it's been for us. I can't blame MJF because we don't have a high caliber team and she took us to two finals with a SHIT team. We got very lucky with who we drew each round and who showed up/who didn't from the opposing team. If it wasn't for the Volcano we wouldn't have had a prayer at beating Russia last year. It's been a combo of great luck and people like Beth/Liezel clinching doubles and Alexa and Mel keeping us in the singles that have brought us to the finals.

TBH we would have been better off playing ANY of the joke teams in the SF's with the players that showed up for them. I mean Italy? We would have KILLED them. I actually think the WGII and Playoff teams tend to be higher calibre teams than the ones in the SFs. Those are all the rising teams that have one really good player at least in their pocket which is something we don't have.
swim4life227 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2011, 09:28 PM   #2472
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute

Venus was the most entertaining person. Whenever I looked into the front row during a ball exchange all heads were moving except Venus'. She was sooo freaking bored to sit on the bench the whole time and either looked at her phone, yawned or did something else. But I could not see much since I sat on the other side of the arena.
Old Apr 17th, 2011, 09:42 PM   #2473
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njay16 View Post
I wonder what kind of "problems" they are having. Haven't seen any ways that MJF could have snubbed Beth, but maybe they just don't get along. Beth cheered them on via twitter, which leads me to believe everything is ok

This won't be MJF's last year, and if it was that would be pure BS on the USTA's part.
Just my speculation, but I think Beth isn't really too pleased with all the pressure she faces in Fed Cup. It's really become a somewhat stressful situation for her and she usually buckles under tons of pressure. I think she wants to focus more on getting her singles ranking up and winning her first title and after losing the finals of Indian Wells and Charleston, I doubt she was in any mood to go to Germany just to get a beatdown. I don't know of her relationship with MJF but unless there's something going on behind closed doors, they've always seemed okay with each other.
Old Apr 17th, 2011, 10:34 PM   #2474
country flag Njay16
She's back. Why you mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_gunner913 View Post
Just my speculation, but I think Beth isn't really too pleased with all the pressure she faces in Fed Cup. It's really become a somewhat stressful situation for her and she usually buckles under tons of pressure. I think she wants to focus more on getting her singles ranking up and winning her first title and after losing the finals of Indian Wells and Charleston, I doubt she was in any mood to go to Germany just to get a beatdown. I don't know of her relationship with MJF but unless there's something going on behind closed doors, they've always seemed okay with each other.
I always thought that was something she thrived on, the pressure of Fed Cup. Especially after how valuable she was in the US beating Russia last year. Also, to prove herself in the absence of Venus and Serena, she could step up.
Old Apr 17th, 2011, 11:59 PM   #2475
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

On the MJF matter, I feel like when there was USTA beef with Zina Garrison, Zina said that she only had contracts by year and that it pissed her off that MJF got a 3-year deal or something. I might not be recalling it right. But if I did, then after this tie, MJF's deal might be up.