Team USA's Fed Cup Thread - World Group II...again... - Page 106 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 28th, 2010, 12:51 PM   #1576
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Team USA's Fed Cup Thread - Final #28!!! vs. Italy: 9 days - Love you Vania!

I don't know why people are thinking Bethanie is gonna get injured...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 28th, 2010, 04:09 PM   #1577
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Team USA's Fed Cup Thread - Final #28!!! vs. Italy: 9 days - Love you Vania!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
I would've chosen Vania over CoCo
Exactly, what if Beth gets injured and can't play doubles?
And CoCo is too risky . She can beat Zvonareva and then lose to Kostanic Tosic
I love Vania, but really, she hasn't even beaten a single top 40 player this season. (And Oudin hasn't had any decent win in the past 6-8 months)

I'd rather take the risk and hopes Coco is having one of her good days. At least she has a chance to win. Plus, she's in top form at the moment.

Harju. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 04:30 PM   #1578
country flag mimus of rst

mimus of rst is just really nice mimus of rst is just really nice mimus of rst is just really nice mimus of rst is just really nice mimus of rst is just really nice mimus of rst is just really nice mimus of rst is just really nice mimus of rst is just really nice mimus of rst is just really nice mimus of rst is just really nice mimus of rst is just really nice

Unleash Coco! Fernandez should send Coco in against Schiavone with firm instructions to pound Francesca into the back wall, stroke by stroke, point by point, keeping her off-court (about the only way to deal with her).
mimus of rst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 04:43 PM   #1579
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute

Vania sounds so bitchy on her twitter
Perhaps the beef between her and MJF was true after all.

Old Oct 28th, 2010, 04:52 PM   #1580
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_gunner913 View Post
I don't know why people are thinking Bethanie is gonna get injured...
It's hypothetical. If by some crazy event she does, it's Liezel and Oudin/Coco for doubles.

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 05:27 PM   #1581
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

LMFAO at Vania and Michaella Krajicek.

Misa to Vania:
Well Vania you ONLY won two GRAND SLAMS this year... Mayby if you win three next year you will get the spot! What a joke..

Vania to Misa:
I would say at least three to be considered..but four to be safe!! She didnt even write me I saw it in the news.

And now how do we interpret the bold? That MJF did talk to her about it, but didn't tell her that she chose Coco over her OR that MJF didn't contact her at all and Vania assumed she'd get a spot and found out by the news she didn't. I think the latter...

Last edited by Uranium : Oct 28th, 2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 07:40 PM   #1582
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

“Melanie, Liezel and Bethanie have repeatedly answered the call to play for their country and have together led the US to its second consecutive Fed Cup Final,” said Fernandez.

“We also are bringing on up-and-comer Coco, who is playing the best tennis of her young career, including a win this summer over Vera Zvonareva. The team is extremely motivated to try and win the Fed Cup for the US for the first time in ten years.”

Old Oct 28th, 2010, 08:10 PM   #1583
country flag hammerhead

hammerhead is a splendid one to behold hammerhead is a splendid one to behold hammerhead is a splendid one to behold hammerhead is a splendid one to behold hammerhead is a splendid one to behold hammerhead is a splendid one to behold hammerhead is a splendid one to behold hammerhead is a splendid one to behold hammerhead is a splendid one to behold hammerhead is a splendid one to behold hammerhead is a splendid one to behold

The way MJF manages is all politics. This was bad (not communicating effectively with Vania, who deserves the spot). But not as bad as what she did in France to Shenay Perry. Brought her there and then booted her off the team in favor of USTA girl McHale, telling the press Shenay had an injury. USTA is MJFs boss after all. Shenay was sitting there in France when she learned about this FROM THE PRESS! Ouch. MJF clearly kowtowed to USTA.

And now, remember Coco is not only USTAs latest pick but is also with IMG. And who Is MJ married to? IMG agent Tony Godsick. It isn't how you play, it's who you know. Welcome to the real world.
hammerhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 08:16 PM   #1584
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Oh my God, what a bitch for what she did to Shenay.

Old Oct 28th, 2010, 08:18 PM   #1585
country flag Srodgers

Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Wow I used to really like MJF but not so much anymore
Old Oct 29th, 2010, 01:12 AM   #1586
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

I love Vania just as much as other people in here. But you guys need to get over it, I don't think Vania could beat any of the Italians and just having her on the team as a doubles replacement would be dead weight. We have a winning doubles team and it's about getting the 2 singles matches we need to try and sneak this win in. Vania has nothing to be mad about seeing as she won 2 slams this year and is playing in the YEC for doubles.
Old Oct 29th, 2010, 03:58 AM   #1587
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
The way MJF manages is all politics. This was bad (not communicating effectively with Vania, who deserves the spot). But not as bad as what she did in France to Shenay Perry. Brought her there and then booted her off the team in favor of USTA girl McHale, telling the press Shenay had an injury. USTA is MJFs boss after all. Shenay was sitting there in France when she learned about this FROM THE PRESS! Ouch. MJF clearly kowtowed to USTA.

And now, remember Coco is not only USTAs latest pick but is also with IMG. And who Is MJ married to? IMG agent Tony Godsick. It isn't how you play, it's who you know. Welcome to the real world.
MJF!
In the end of the day, MJF did her job and brought USA to the final TWICE. Shenaynay was not going to play either way unless there's a dead rubber.

I love Vania but she sounds so conceited just because she won Grand Slam, so by default she should be in the team? Apart from Grand Slam, her double record is horrendous. And her single record is even worse.

Picking Coco is a no brainer, given her form. Doesn't matter if MJF married to IMG agent or not.

If there's one person that needs to be replaced, it should be Oudin, because she hasn't had any decent win in months. But Oudin has been the one that been playing for USA for the past two years.

Old Oct 29th, 2010, 04:18 AM   #1588
country flag simonsaystennis
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harju. View Post
MJF!
In the end of the day, MJF did her job and brought USA to the final TWICE. Shenaynay was not going to play either way unless there's a dead rubber.

I love Vania but she sounds so conceited just because she won Grand Slam, so by default she should be in the team? Apart from Grand Slam, her double record is horrendous. And her single record is even worse.

Picking Coco is a no brainer, given her form. Doesn't matter if MJF married to IMG agent or not.

If there's one person that needs to be replaced, it should be Oudin, because she hasn't had any decent win in months. But Oudin has been the one that been playing for USA for the past two years.
Agreed. I feel like MJF is being wrongly portrayed here. Whenever there's a selection for a team like this (Olympics, Davis Cup, Fed Cup, Ryder Cup ((is that the big golf one??)), etc. there is always going to be someone who feels slighted. She has led a Williams-less team to the final back to back years... I'm gonna trust MJF that she knows what she's doing, and any "scandals" surrounding who and how she picks (I don't buy the IMG agent husband thing as a reason Coco got picked) don't change my perception of her.

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
simonsaystennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2010, 04:40 AM   #1589
country flag Kevin.
Team USA ♥

Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute

what did MJF do to Shenay? Just kicked her off? There has to be some USTA logic.

I am split between MJF in this topic concerning Vania. I think that she should have played doubles with Beth or Liezel but definitely not singles. Coco is on fire and can beat Vania easily on this surface. I have seen both players and Coco is better IMO.

And what is it with the USTA not communicating with the players. First Kim Couts on her QWC to the US Open and couldnt play and Shenay and Vania
Doubles: Rank-15; Career High-12. Career Record: 108-114; Best Results: Winner: 2012-Wimbledon w/Kylger, 50k Lexington w/Kylger, 2011-Luxembourg w/drake1980;Finalist: 2012-San Diego w/Kylger, Moscow w/Kylger

Follow me on twitter!: www.twitter.com/kevintdillon
Kevin. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2010, 06:28 AM   #1590
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin. View Post
what did MJF do to Shenay? Just kicked her off? There has to be some USTA logic.

I am split between MJF in this topic concerning Vania. I think that she should have played doubles with Beth or Liezel but definitely not singles. Coco is on fire and can beat Vania easily on this surface. I have seen both players and Coco is better IMO.

And what is it with the USTA not communicating with the players. First Kim Couts on her QWC to the US Open and couldnt play and Shenay and Vania
Yes, King should replace Huber. Not Coco. There's no point to have a team full of double players.

If hypothetically, Queen Beth is injured, we'd end up with Oudin and King playing single and Huber/King playing double? And Huber/King team is not as solid as Huber/Mattek