Fed Cup - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 5th, 2010, 11:57 PM   #91
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fed Cup

Begu/Olaru lost the doubles

Tomorrow vs. Hungary for consolation but Raluca and Simona are playing Q in Paris so it might just be Alex and Irina

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 6th, 2010, 04:05 PM   #92
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Beat Hungary 2-0
Begu d. Susanyi 7/6 6/1
Halep d. Jani 6/4 6/2

Old Feb 6th, 2010, 05:38 PM   #93
country flag KamilZ

KamilZ is a splendid one to behold KamilZ is a splendid one to behold KamilZ is a splendid one to behold KamilZ is a splendid one to behold KamilZ is a splendid one to behold KamilZ is a splendid one to behold KamilZ is a splendid one to behold KamilZ is a splendid one to behold KamilZ is a splendid one to behold KamilZ is a splendid one to behold KamilZ is a splendid one to behold

i didn't expect before Fed Cup, that Ioana will be the only girl in Romania, who doesn't win match

The Lisicki Express!
Flavia Pennetta Vera Zvonareva Maria Kirilenko Yanina Wickmayer
Raluca Olaru Julia Görges Kichenok twins Arantxa Rus
Pervak Dementieva Kuznetsova Vesnina Lykina
Pekhova
KamilZ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2010, 06:37 PM   #94
country flag thadeuss

thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future

ROU vs. HUN 2-1

R.JANI / A.KAPROS (HUN) def. I.BEGU / A.DULGHERU (ROU) Not played - Walkover

So it seems that Begu and Halep didn't want to play doubles. Maybe they were tired or something...
thadeuss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 07:53 PM   #95
country flag Hakapeszi

Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadeuss View Post
Maybe she said that after Beijing, when she was not allowed to play for Romania because she refused to play FedCup.
I found an article, it's about Beijing thing, I think. But I can't understand clearly unfortunately.

Google translates "They have fooled me!"

http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...e-mine-2852935

What happened?

an other article
http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...mpiada-2787570

then who fooled who?

"Fine words." Tyrion was unimpressed. "Words are wind. Who is this bloody savior?"
"A dragon." The cheesemonger saw the look on his face at that, and laughed. "A dragon with three heads."

Last edited by Hakapeszi : Feb 23rd, 2010 at 08:17 PM.
Hakapeszi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 08:11 PM   #96
country flag thadeuss

thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakapeszi View Post
I found an article, it's about Beijing thing, I think. But I can't understood clearly unfortunately.

Google translates "They have fooled me!"

http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...e-mine-2852935

What happened?
the Romanian Federation didn't allow her to play for Romania because she refused FedCup. They said a player can't play at the Olympic Games if he/she dosen't play at least 2 years for the country, but Gallovits said that's not true.
Well I don't know the rules, maybe someone knows about this. Does a player must play FedCup in order to play at the Olympics?

This was the official motive for not allowing her to play at the Olympic Games but the real motive was payback, because she refused to play FedCup that year(she said they called her to late - she already had other plans).

It was stupid what the FRT did and they tried to fix it but it was to late and Gallovits could not play at the Olympics

Last edited by thadeuss : Feb 23rd, 2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 08:17 PM   #97
country flag thadeuss

According to this article Gallovits didn't have the rank needed to play at Beijing. It needed for 2 players to withdraw in order for Gallovits to be there...
http://translate.google.ro/translate...&sl=auto&tl=en
Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 08:39 PM   #98
country flag Hakapeszi

Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadeuss View Post
Does a player must play FedCup in order to play at the Olympics?
"Make him/herself available for selection to represent his/her country in any of the
International Team Championships of the Federation for two of the following
years – 2005, 2006, 2007 or 2008 - provided that one of those years is either
2007 or 2008. In 2005, 2006, 2007 or 2008, a player who makes him/herself
available for selection for one Tie in Davis Cup or Fed Cup will be deemed to
have fulfilled the requirement for that year."

"Fine words." Tyrion was unimpressed. "Words are wind. Who is this bloody savior?"
"A dragon." The cheesemonger saw the look on his face at that, and laughed. "A dragon with three heads."

Last edited by Hakapeszi : Feb 23rd, 2010 at 08:45 PM.
Hakapeszi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 09:13 PM   #99
country flag thadeuss

Edina played FedCup in 2001 and 2003
http://www.fedcup.com/teams/player.asp?player=35011662

So it seems after all that she wasn't eligible to play in Beijing...

Her mother explained why she didn't play FedCup that year.
Quote:
"Edy explained that she can't be present at FedCup. She wasn't called in time and she already made her schedule. Otherwise, she was available for the Federation , but no one communicated with her. About the Olympics, Edy has learned from her colleagues that the international rules would not allow her to play.
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 12:19 AM   #100
country flag hellas719

But Eleni (Daniilidou) didn't play Fed Cup at all from 2005-2008 and she still played in the Olympics

Old Jan 27th, 2011, 01:34 AM   #101
country flag hellas719

In 2011 Romania will play in Group D with Hungary, Netherlands, and Latvia
The team was supposed to be Cirstea, Dulgheru, Halep, and Niculescu but now Halep was replaced by Dinu . Why Dinu? Why not Olaru, Ungur, E.Bogdan, Gallovits, Begu, etc.? Dinu seems pretty random . I mean she is young and talented, but they could do better with a different player

Old Jan 27th, 2011, 12:42 PM   #102
country flag thadeuss

A FedCup news conference was held today. You can find pics from this event here

Quote:
Tennis: Romania participates in a new Fed Cup edition
http://www.agerpres.ro/media/index.p...a-Fed-Cup.html

Ruxandra Dragomir, the Romanian Tennis Federation president, said Thursday in a press conference at the Lotto Shop in the Vitan Mall, that Romania had chance at the FedCup draw.

''We had chance at the draw. Our adversaries, the Netherlands, Hungary and Latvia are strong teams, but we can overcome them. The new drawing system, is with more than a week before the competition, and this will allow the captain, Irina Spirlea, to prepare all the details''said Dragomir.

Romania Fed Cup Team will participate in a new edition of the event, scheduled from February 2 to 5, at the Municipal Tennis Club, Eilat, Israel. Romania will play in Group D, alongside the Netherlands, Hungary and Latvia.

''I want very much to achieve a good result in Israel, and the girls to confirm the good form that showed it in Australia. We have three players in Top100, and this should be visible at the end of the competition. We must fight for a place in the World Group.''

The team that will represent us in the Euro-African Group I is made of Alexandra Dulgheru, Monica Niculescu, Sorana Cirstea and Cristina Dinu.

Irina Spirlea, Romania's team captain, said:''This time I won't promise anything. I want to thank the players who answered the call and I'm confident that all of them will work for the best results. Along with Alexandra, Sorana and Monica, Cristina Dinu will make her debut in the Fed Cup team. We have in our minds to come back home with a result that will fulfill our expectations.''

Alexandra Dulgheru, world number 30 said:''Last year I played for the first time at the Federation Cup and I want to say it was a unique experience for me. It is an honor to be back on this team. Each of us wants to win. Hopefully this year we'll play very well.''

Further, Monica Niculescu, told journalists:''I'm glad that we are truly a team. I hope it will be all good. The confrontation will be very hard, long singles matches, then doubles. We're coming after a tough tour in Australia. Well, I always liked to play Fed Cup, I admire the atmosphere. I do not promise anything, we go there to play our best tennis.''

Sorana Cirstea regrets that he could not attend last year. ''Unfortunately, last year I could not be part of the Fed Cup team, It was very sad. I said that as long as I'm healthy, I'll always be part of the team. All year long, when I go to tournaments, I miss the team spirit. This week, I have the opportunity to be with the players who make a common front. We'll give 100% on court. I hope we'll have a good result''said Cirstea.

FedCup debutant, Cristina Dinu was the most excited:''It is an honor to be on this team, alongside wonderful players. I'm for the first time part of the FedCup team, and for sure, it will be a special experience. I hope we'll qualify. I think it'll be fine.''
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 12:44 PM   #103
country flag thadeuss

more pics - source

Old Jan 27th, 2011, 12:45 PM   #104
country flag thadeuss

Old Jan 27th, 2011, 12:46 PM   #105
country flag thadeuss