Fed Cup - Page 54 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 20th, 2014, 12:39 PM   #796
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of
Re: Fed Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioana_sk8r View Post
Dolce Sport interviewing everyone they can get on camera, including Cristina Dinu. Do they ask why she hasn't been playing lately? Nah, just her thoughts on Halep-Ivanovic head:wall.

I think Sorana should do well in her next game. She seems to play well with the crowd behind her & I don't think it's coincidence she played some of her best tennis yesterday or last year in Toronto which turned into a home tournament for her.
Chill , they probably don't even know who Dinu is , how old is she or what place in the WTA Rankings she occupies .

Would interview even the homeless for a little more "audience"

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #93 - W: Vero Beach'14, Astana '14; TT-d: #96 - W: Astana '14, Landisville'14 w/ Palin6o, Zawada'14; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #33 - W: New Haven '14; RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #8 - W: Rome '14, Baku '14
Nightcrawl3r is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 20th, 2014, 12:40 PM   #797
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of

Sorana may or may not win.... but we can count on Moni and Irina to save the day if it comes to that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLovesWTA View Post
49 ue uau. I don't remember when she had last time so many ue. For sure she wasn't 100% fit to play with a good player today.
lol... even Sori had less yesterday in three sets ))))
Not A Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2014, 12:43 PM   #798
country flag ioana_sk8r

ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
Chill , they probably don't even know who Dinu is , how old is she or what place in the WTA Rankings she occupies .

Would interview even the homeless for a little more "audience"
They introduced her a top 200 player and Fed cup reserve player, so they did have some clue. I was probably asking for too much thinking they could click on 'activity' on the ITF site and notice she hasn't played for a while. Could risk injuring a pinky finger with all that mouse clicking
ioana_sk8r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2014, 12:44 PM   #799
country flag phantomplayer89

phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLovesWTA View Post
49 ue uau. I don't remember when she had last time so many ue. For sure she wasn't 100% fit to play with a good player today. For sure she will look better in Stuttgart. Now Sorana save the day girl please!
90 minutes between finishing off Bojana today, and then facing big-hitting Ivanovic is brutal. Ana had been well-rested for 24 hours while Simo was clearly flat. That's why, in WTA events, if players have to play twice in a day, there's usally a 5 or 6 hour break.
phantomplayer89 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2014, 12:46 PM   #800
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioana_sk8r View Post
They introduced her a top 200 player and Fed cup reserve player, so they did have some clue. I was probably asking for too much thinking they could click on 'activity' on the ITF site and notice she hasn't played for a while. Could risk injuring a pinky finger with all that mouse clicking
Well , the wrong clues (as expected). Not a top 200 player in this period and not a reserve Fed Cup player this year . Cadantu, Olaru and Dulgheru were the reserves.

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #93 - W: Vero Beach'14, Astana '14; TT-d: #96 - W: Astana '14, Landisville'14 w/ Palin6o, Zawada'14; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #33 - W: New Haven '14; RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #8 - W: Rome '14, Baku '14
Nightcrawl3r is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2014, 12:51 PM   #801
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
Well , the wrong clues (as expected). Not a top 200 player in this period and not a reserve Fed Cup player this year . Cadantu, Olaru and Dulgheru were the reserves.

They actually said Fed Cup team member, as she played in 2013 for Romania
Old Apr 20th, 2014, 12:54 PM   #802
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Let's hope that Sorana will hold her nerves. Serving good so far.

I wouldn't read much into Simona's loss. The conditions were tough for her.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2014, 12:54 PM   #803

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

As for Simona, hate to say this but the thing that stands out is that the pressure of being the favorite in these Fed Cup matches does more bad to her than good. She was 6-0 in singles before this year and after her top 10 debut she's 3-2. Not so great. And I don't think playing 3 sets and a half in one day is the reason, as her father and commentators wanted to let us believe. Someone just likes being a dark horse
Old Apr 20th, 2014, 01:09 PM   #804
country flag ioana_sk8r

ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all

Does Jovanovski talk to herself as she hits the ball, or is that "just" an elaborate grunt?
ioana_sk8r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2014, 01:11 PM   #805
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of

At this level, between two top players every little thing counts! Even things like changing the racket before/after new balls, that to me always seem crazy... so having more rest is definably a big competitive advantage that can make the difference in a close encounter.
Not A Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2014, 01:17 PM   #806
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Is obvious that Bojana is tired. If Sorana only keeps this lvl she will win the match without problems.
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters, Na Li.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2014, 01:20 PM   #807
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Sori you didn't hold.
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters, Na Li.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2014, 01:27 PM   #808
country flag phantomplayer89

phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post
As for Simona, hate to say this but the thing that stands out is that the pressure of being the favorite in these Fed Cup matches does more bad to her than good. She was 6-0 in singles before this year and after her top 10 debut she's 3-2. Not so great. And I don't think playing 3 sets and a half in one day is the reason, as her father and commentators wanted to let us believe. Someone just likes being a dark horse
It is a reason. Playing 2 matches within 90 minutes against to completely different players is taxing. Not to mention, she was playing a solid top 20 opponent who had a full 24 hours of rest. It was clear as day Simo was flat and sluggish. She didn't have the zip on her shots, and her movement was slower than usual. She had glimpses of her best form, but was unable to maintain it.

Same thing can be said about Jovanovski in her match against Sorana.
phantomplayer89 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2014, 01:35 PM   #809

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomplayer89 View Post
It is a reason. Playing 2 matches within 90 minutes against to completely different players is taxing. Not to mention, she was playing a solid top 20 opponent who had a full 24 hours of rest. It was clear as day Simo was flat and sluggish. She didn't have the zip on her shots, and her movement was slower than usual. She had glimpses of her best form, but was unable to maintain it.

Same thing can be said about Jovanovski in her match against Sorana.
Simona returned short and was slower than usual also in her first match today against BoJo, when she was supposedly fresh. I think the fact that Simona was protecting her injured ankle in the last 2-3 weeks (Ruzici said that she was even forbidden to run or ride the bike) has more to do with her loss today (and the form she showed) than the tiredness factor you all mention. I'm not saying it's easy to play two different opponents in less than 2 hours, but when you're 5th in the world this shouldn't be an issue. That's all
Old Apr 20th, 2014, 01:37 PM   #810
country flag scrumm

scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all

Peak Sori in that last game from 0-30
scrumm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote