Fed Cup - Page 50 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 19th, 2014, 04:32 PM   #736
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of
Re: Fed Cup

If she beats Jovanovski in about an hour, she'll have 45min for rest afaik...

someone really needs to open the rule book on this one ))))
Not A Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 19th, 2014, 04:34 PM   #737
country flag mido1988

mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of

Anyone has a link of the few games Simona played ?? i really really miss her and want to watch her badly

Simna Halep
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 04:34 PM   #738
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

The rest should be at least 2 hours. But it can be fewer if player is agree
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 04:35 PM   #739
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of

Old Apr 19th, 2014, 04:39 PM   #740
country flag mido1988

mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Fan View Post
You are simply a LEGEND

record tomorrow matches pleaaase

Simna Halep
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 04:41 PM   #741
country flag Not A Fan

From the ITF rulebook:

Whenever it is necessary to schedule more than one match in the same
day, such player shall, unless he/she is in singles and doubles finals to be played consecutively, be given the following minimum rest periods:
• If played less than 1 hour - ½ hour rest
• If played between 1 and 1½ hour - 1 hour rest
• If played more than 1½ hour - 1½ hours rest
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 04:45 PM   #742
country flag mido1988

Quote:
be given the following minimum rest periods:
That's the minimum .. can they give more rest if they have enough time ??

Simna Halep
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 04:45 PM   #743
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing 3-6 6-1 6-2 upset win against Ivanovic, Sorana !

Never expected this. Great win also for Romania. Looking very good now for WG 2 next year

Stupid rain. Tough for Simona now. 2 matches in a row tomorrow. I hope she wins quickly

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 05:07 PM   #744
country flag mido1988

Quote:
George Cosac : Match 2 of the meeting Romania - Serbia will be held on Sunday, Halep will play two games
Tennis federation president , George COSAC anunaţat the match between Simona Halep and Bojana Jovanovski , interrupted on Saturday, in the first set because of rain , will resume on Sunday, so that Simon will be the same day the two parties in the play- off site of the second World Group Fed Cup .
The referee of the meeting and the two non-playing captains decided that the match between Halep and Jovanovski to play Sunday at 10.00. Saturday, at around 15:10 after 17 minutes, the match between Simona Halep and Bojana Jovanovski was suspended due to rain in the first set at 3-1 in games and 15-15 in the game May .
Simona Halep will take a break for an hour and a half from the two matches on Sunday , where will end the confrontation with Jovanovski in more than 90 minutes. If the first match will take less than 90 minutes, Halep will start the match after one hour. avanjtaj for us is not it, on the contrary , "said George Cosac .
In the first match of the meeting on Saturday, Sorana Cirstea ( WTA 27 ) won a victory sensation Ana Ivanovic ( WTA 12 ) , score 3-6, 6-1, 6-2.
Sunday , in addition to match Halep - Jovanovski will take place confrontations Halep - Ivanovich and Cirstea - Jovanovski and doubles match Irina -Camelia Begu / Monica Niculescu - Jovana Jaksic / Nina Stojanovic .

Simna Halep
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 06:43 PM   #745
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of
In my humble opinion this tie is set for România. Simona can't lose this match and Sorana will win her second one. And even with 2 loss and one win in tomorrow's single matches, the double team can't lose...
My fair bet for tomorrow is 3-0 for românia and everybody goes home for a happy Easter

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
s0higher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 09:01 PM   #746
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.fedcup.com/en/news/175578.aspx

Quote:
19 April 2014

Cirstea fires Romania ahead as rain halts opening day

By Zoran Milosavljevic

BUCHAREST, ROMANIA: Romania made the first step in ensuring continued progress towards the Fed Cup by BNP Paribas top tier after Sorana Cirstea overpowered Ana Ivanovic 36 61 62 to give them a 1-0 against Serbia in their World Group II play-off in the rain-swept Arenele complex.

Bad weather halted the second singles rubber, in which Simona Halep took a 3-1 lead against Bojana Jovanovski in the opening set before the downpour sent fans, officials and players running for cover.

The provisional schedule for Sunday’s action will see Romania’s world No. 5 Halep and Jovanovski resume their clash at 1000 local time (0700 GMT), with the home team’s top-ranked player also due to face Ivanovic in the opening reverse singles before Cirstea meets Jovanovski.

Romania’s Monica Niculescu and Irina-Camelia Begu were nominated to play Nina Stojanovic and Jovana Jaksic in the doubles.

Cirstea put Romania in the driving seat with a gutsy win over the more fancied Ivanovic after the Serb drew first blood in front of her opponent’s partisan 4,000 Bucharest crowd, many of whom sported national flags in the neat and colourful Arenel outdoor venue.

Having kept Cirstea on the back foot with stinging baseline shots early on, Ivanovic romped to a 3-0 lead before the Romanian broke back to reduce the deficit to 3-2 and prompt cheers from the noisy home fans.

But the former world No.1 kept her composure and broke straight back to retrieve the cushion and then saved five break points in the final game of the opening set, holding her nerve at crunch moments much to the delight of Captain Dejan Vranes and a vociferous Serbian bench.

But that was as good as it got for Ivanovic, as Cirstea came back a different player and turned the tie on its head with a barrage of unstoppable shots in the second and third sets.

The Romanian raced into a 4-0 lead in the second and although Ivanovic broke in the next game as a light drizzle descended on the red clay, Cirstea clinched the set shortly afterwards with the Serb’s brief fightback turning out to be nothing more than a flash in the pan.

It seemed the frenetic home fans would be in for a thriller as games went with serve in the opening four games of the third set, but the unstoppable Cirstea then seemed to move up two gears after Ivanovic committed a pair of successive double faults to hand her the initiative.

Cirstea romped through the next two games with punishing baseline shots to run Ivanovic ragged along the baseline, hammering her shots into the corners with laser-beam precision past her weary opponent.

Ivanovic gave herself a glimmer of hope of staying in the match when she carved out five break points while trailing 5-2 in the third set, but Cirstea again fought back valiantly and capped a memorable comeback with an ace to put the icing on the cake and send the home fans into raptures.

“Sorana played very well today and deserved her win, although I didn’t have enough time to train and prepare for the match after changing several time zones and the surface,” Ivanovic told a press conference after the match.

“I was on top in the first set but didn’t move well enough in the other two. It’s always hard playing against a close friend but she is a wonderful girl and I am really happy for her. We are both young and I am sure we will play a lot of times against each other in the future.”

Cirstea added: “It took me a bit of time to adjust to the unfamiliar situation of playing at home in front of so many fans. I was nervous in the opening set but I am really happy that I was able to get back into the match and put my country ahead in this tie. The fans were amazing and I really want to thank them for their incredible support.”

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2014, 08:04 AM   #747
country flag mido1988

Any news about the match ?

@@@

edit

they are warming up

http://sports-tv.eu/DolceLive.html

Simna Halep
Old Apr 20th, 2014, 08:09 AM   #748
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone got a working link yet for the resumption of Simona-BoJo?
Old Apr 20th, 2014, 08:09 AM   #749
country flag mido1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarChomper View Post
Anyone got a working link yet for the resumption of Simona-BoJo?
http://sports-tv.eu/DolceLive.html

Simna Halep
Old Apr 20th, 2014, 08:14 AM   #750
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mido1988 View Post
Thanks Mido