Fed Cup - Page 49 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 19th, 2014, 01:12 PM   #721
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Fan View Post
Yeah right... they only have a couple of 1 by 1 sponges there
Yeah, from what I can see it looks a bit inadequate.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Advertisement

Old Apr 19th, 2014, 01:16 PM   #722
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold
Re: Fed Cup

So latest news... either they resume at 18:15 today... or tomorrow morning at 10:00
Not A Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 01:19 PM   #723
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 01:22 PM   #724
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Just came back home. Simona is amazin to watch live, she was just getting started when rain arrived. As for Sorana, after 3-6 0-2 she played the match of her life in her home country. She was amazing! Well done, girls!
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 01:37 PM   #725
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post
Just came back home. Simona is amazin to watch live, she was just getting started when rain arrived. As for Sorana, after 3-6 0-2 she played the match of her life in her home country. She was amazing! Well done, girls!
I can only agree with you ! People are saying Ana played badly but most of those errors were forced errors in my amateur opinion. Aş for Simona, the way this match started it could only go in one direction: 6-2 6-1 for România. To bad this rain ruined everything, but i do hope the match will resume later this evning

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
s0higher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 01:45 PM   #726

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

I have witnessed Sorana losing to players from outside top 100 who weren't playing particularly great, I have seen her laying an egg very often after losing a tight first set (76 or 75), so even if Ana wasn't today the same player that won RG back in 2008, this victory is only Sorana's merit. She was better and mentally stronger today. But I know haters gonna hate and bitches gonna bitch. They always do
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 01:49 PM   #727
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold

You know it's the same story, it's always on Sori's racket... today once she settled her nerves and got her game up and running there was no stopping her and i don't care who was on the other side and what form she was in!! Great play from Sori she really killed her opponent with those returns and in general she was very positive and even running after balls that seemed lost...
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 02:57 PM   #728

Today is now officially canceled. Play will resume tomorrow at 10
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 02:57 PM   #729
country flag mido1988

mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of

Looks like it was suspended to tomorrow will she play 2 consecutive matches or what ?

Simna Halep
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 03:02 PM   #730

She is a professional tennis player and rain is part of her job. I've seen players who played 4 matches (2 singles & 2 doubles) in the same day because of the weather conditions. I think Simona can handle this decision. Besides, Bojana will also be tired for her match against Sorana so that could work in our advantage
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 03:09 PM   #731
country flag mido1988

mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Bojana will also be tired for her match against Sorana so that could work in our advantage
We should care more about Simona because if she won her 2 matches it will be finished .. we need Simona ends her first match fast so that not be exhausted vs rested Ana .. and also Bojana will have some time to rest not like Simona

Simna Halep
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 03:17 PM   #732
country flag phantomplayer89

phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mido1988 View Post
Looks like it was suspended to tomorrow will she play 2 consecutive matches or what ?
She'll play her match tomorrow at 10am. Assuming the match ends by 11:30am, she's won't play her second singles match until about 2 1/2, 3 hours later. It's a guess, but I'm pretty sure it won't be back to back.
phantomplayer89 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 03:22 PM   #733
country flag Not A Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomplayer89 View Post
She'll play her match tomorrow at 10am. Assuming the match ends by 11:30am, she's won't play her second singles match until about 2 1/2, 3 hours later. It's a guess, but I'm pretty sure it won't be .
it's definitely back to back! the time she gets for rest will depend on the duration of the first match (if it's over/under 90min afaik)
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 03:22 PM   #734
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

It would have been better to be played today. Shit . It would be tough to win 2 matches, one after another.

Post-match interviews with Sorana Cirstea :

EN : http://www.dolce-sport.ro/sporturi/t...vanovic-32329/

EN : http://www.fedcup.com/en/news/175578.aspx

RO : http://www.dolce-sport.ro/sporturi/t...i-acasa-32333/

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #107 - W: Vero Beach '14, Astana '14; TT-d: #116 - W: Astana '14, Landisville '14 w/ Palin6o; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #46 - W: New Haven '14; RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #20 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #69
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 03:23 PM   #735
country flag mido1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomplayer89 View Post
She'll play her match tomorrow at 10am. Assuming the match ends by 11:30am, she's won't play her second singles match until about 2 1/2, 3 hours later. It's a guess, but I'm pretty sure it won't be back to back.
They must do that , as soon as there are lighting in the court and they can have more than enough time to hold 3 matches if they have to ...

it would be kind of madness and unfair if Simona doesn't have enough rest ( 2 hours at least )

Simna Halep