Fed Cup - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 3rd, 2012, 11:09 AM   #166
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fed Cup

Well this battle has, as expected gone down to the doubles match between Romania and Poland. I think Irina, Simona and Mihaela have all done a fine job up to now. But this is the real test. The make or break match.

And honestly I wish right now, for the 1st time this week, that Romania had their best team in battle. I fear Simona is not going to be up to such a tough doubles match. I hope she can prove me wrong but I'm not optimistic about this one.

Old Feb 3rd, 2012, 01:16 PM   #167
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

At least they won a set...

Another year with the ones of Luxembourg, Portugal and co!

This is a tragedy, especially if Ukraine is playing world group and even the Romanians' men Davis Cup team was able to hold its place in the strongest class until last year.

And sorry, I don't buy those stories about the sudden injuries here. We'll see next week!
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 02:49 AM   #168
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Next year

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #169
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
At least they won a set...

Another year with the ones of Luxembourg, Portugal and co!

This is a tragedy, especially if Ukraine is playing world group and even the Romanians' men Davis Cup team was able to hold its place in the strongest class until last year.

And sorry, I don't buy those stories about the sudden injuries here. We'll see next week!
Agree. Moni and Alex are my two fav Romanians by a good distance although I do actually like pretty much all the Romanian players. But both of them really did let their country down by missing this event. And I have to say I'm disappointed in them for that.

Had the team for the doubles match between Poland been Monica and Irina or even Alex and Irina I think Romania might be looking forward to a World Group 2 playoff tie right now. That said it certainly wouldn't have been a formality and what's done is done. They really really really REALLY must get out of this division next year though.

Obviously no criticisms to Irina and Simona and Mihaela who all did extremely well under the circumstances. Irina still hasn't really gotten comfortable on hardcourts yet, although I'm sure in time she will, and Simona isn't much of a doubles player at this point in her career, but both girls, as well as Mihaela who did a super job filling in, gave their best to every match.
Old Feb 5th, 2012, 06:14 PM   #170
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Fed Cup, Consolation Match:

Romania def. Hungary 2-0

Simona Halep def. Reka-Luca Jani 6-2 6-3
Mihaela Buzarnescu def. Katalin Marosi 6-2 7-6(6)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Agree. Moni and Alex are my two fav Romanians by a good distance although I do actually like pretty much all the Romanian players. But both of them really did let their country down by missing this event. And I have to say I'm disappointed in them for that.

Had the team for the doubles match between Poland been Monica and Irina or even Alex and Irina I think Romania might be looking forward to a World Group 2 playoff tie right now. That said it certainly wouldn't have been a formality and what's done is done. They really really really REALLY must get out of this division next year though.

Obviously no criticisms to Irina and Simona and Mihaela who all did extremely well under the circumstances. Irina still hasn't really gotten comfortable on hardcourts yet, although I'm sure in time she will, and Simona isn't much of a doubles player at this point in her career, but both girls, as well as Mihaela who did a super job filling in, gave their best to every match.
I don't want to alledge them of faking an injury, but I guess that if they really have wanted to play the could have done it and they are both still IN for their respective tournaments next week, but of course a Fed Cup Tournament in Israel is messing up your schedule and they obviously rated their singles career higher. It's their choice and the consequence is another year in Group II.

Yeah, Simona barely plays doubles on the tour, so if she and Irina were able to grab a set, the new dream doubles team Begulescu would have won that one for sure, but there are no If's allowed in sport.

Well, new year new try in 2013...
Old Jan 13th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #171
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Cirstea, Halep, Begu, Mitu

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 04:43 PM   #172
country flag Curcubeu

GROUP C:
- Poland: Agnieszka Radwanska, Urszula Radwanska, Paula Kania, Alicja Rosolska
- Romania: Sorana Cirstea, Simona Halep, Irina-Camelia Begu, Cristina-Andreea Mitu
- Israel: Shahar Peer, Julia Glushko, Keren Shlomo, Valeria Patiuk
- Turkey: Cagla Buyukakcay, Pemra Ozgen, Basak Eraydin, Ipek Soylu

And another year Europe/Africa Zone
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 08:05 PM   #173
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Where is Monica? Without her is hard to beat Poland.
grs is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 08:39 PM   #174
country flag Curcubeu

Focusing on Doha. She has tons of points to defend there.
But she would have been desperately needed for the doubles match...

This is so frustrating to be honest.
At this rate we will never ever get out of that European group.
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 08:47 PM   #175
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Cirstea as the team leader God help us all
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 09:07 PM   #176
country flag Curcubeu

The last time she played Fed Cup was 2009 where she lost to Agatha 6-1 6-3, however she defeated her in straight sets in Fed Cup 2008.
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 08:59 AM   #177
country flag americanu197

americanu197 is an unknown quantity at this point

another wasted year ...we will probably lose to israel as well...grrr why doesnt poland promote already so we can be rid of them
americanu197 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 12:54 PM   #178
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Begu and Halep out, Dinu and Olaru in
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 12:58 PM   #179
country flag americanu197

americanu197 is an unknown quantity at this point

lord have mercy
americanu197 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 03:02 PM   #180
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad Mitu and Dinu gets to play tho.

They weren't gonna beat Poland anyway. And even with this team, they still have a decent chance to beat both Turkey and Israel.
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote