Fed Cup - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 16th, 2011, 04:31 PM   #151
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fed Cup

Will be tough fight for the 4th spot: Niculescu, Begu and halep should be secured. Cîrstea and Dulgheru will be #4, hard decision for the coach...
Advertisement

Old Dec 16th, 2011, 04:35 PM   #152
country flag thadeuss

thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future

I think Cirstea deserves more then Dulgheru to be part of the team especially if the tournament is held on hard. She's better ranked, had a better season and is healthier...
thadeuss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2011, 04:41 PM   #153
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, at the moment Sorana is the better between them 2. Unless Alexandra will star rocket her way back at the beginning of the year, I can't see her getting nominated for the tournament, unless the doubles competition will have an influence...

However, it's only #4 we are talking about, so that certain player won't have many matches to play. Some countries in their group will probably have not any athlet being ranked higher than the "weakest" player in Romania's team...

It's even dramatic that they are not already a part of the world group taking into account which trainwreck of ATP team has participated at the Davis Cup world group that year.
Old Dec 16th, 2011, 08:31 PM   #154
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Alexandra will destroy all at AO and will become the captain of Romanian Fed Cup Team

Last edited by grs : Dec 16th, 2011 at 08:40 PM.
grs is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2011, 08:47 PM   #155
country flag Curcubeu

Gabi is trying hard to jinx her!

I would be glad if she starts winning more than 4 games in her R2 encounters like it never was the case again since French Open!
Old Dec 17th, 2011, 05:24 PM   #156
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Gabi is trying hard to jinx her!
I really like her for her smart play and for her fight spirit. She reminds me very much of ASV, a David tennis girl who defeated many Goliaths in her times
grs is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2011, 05:39 PM   #157
country flag Curcubeu

Yeah, I know!

But always when we are like ok, now she will slay the tour (after clay season last year or this year after Miami) she starts sucking, so I better keep my mouth shut!
Old Jan 10th, 2012, 03:58 PM   #158
country flag Curcubeu

Group D

Poland
Romania
Croatia
Luxembourg

Poland of all teams...

The team will consist out of Niculescu, Begu, Halep and Dulgheru!
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 04:19 AM   #159
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG maybe another year in Group I

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Tatishvili. Flipkens. Pironkova.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 07:52 PM   #160
country flag Curcubeu

Dulgheru and Niculescu withdrew and will be replaced by Buzarnescu.
3 players and 2 coaches Lol

So, yes, another year in Group I...
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 01:40 AM   #161
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

So unfair that Romania is in G1 but Switzerland is in WG2 and Ukraine in WG

Old Feb 1st, 2012, 05:41 PM   #162
country flag Curcubeu

Tie 1:

Romania def. Croatia 2-1

Singles:
Simona Halep def. Ani Mijacika 6-2 6-2
Petra Martic def. Irina Begu 6-4 1-6 6-3

Irina had 2-0 in the 1st and 3-1 in the decider...

Doubles:

Simona Halep/Irina Begu def. Petra Martic/Ani Mijacika 7-6(2) 7-6(6)

Saved a MP in the doubles, but had 5-4 40-0. I can't with those chokes as of late, I simply can't...
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 11:55 PM   #163
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all

The key is in the game against Poland. A win in the doubles plus one against Urszula can see them through. It's going to be tough.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 03:57 AM   #164
country flag hellas719

A win is a win

Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 12:26 PM   #165
country flag Curcubeu

Tie 2:

Romania def. Luxembourg 3-0

Singles:
Mihaela Buzarnescu def. Tiffany Cornelius 6-0 6-0
Irina Begu def. Anne Kremer 6-3 6-2

Doubles:
Irina Begu/Mihaela Buzarnescu def. Anne Kremer/Claudine Schaul 6-3 6-3