Why is the "Jelena Supporting a Ultranationalist" in Non-tennis?! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 07:00 AM   #1
country flag Gonzo Hates Me!

Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute
Why is the "Jelena Supporting a Ultranationalist" in Non-tennis?!

How is that Non-tennis?! I don't understand why that is there because all the other threads about tennis players' personal lives are in here, such as the subject of Capriati and Matthew Perry or Martina and her problems with her mother. Was that an accident?! I am just curious.
Advertisement

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 07:03 AM   #2
country flag treufreund

treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute
just cuz I started the thread. that's truly the only reason.
treufreund is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 30th, 2002, 07:04 AM   #3

Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute
Seriously?! And why is that?! Is there more hostility in the air?!
Old Aug 30th, 2002, 07:06 AM   #4
country flag treufreund

treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute
really I thought that since Jelena is a TENNIS player and her TENNIS is possibly being affected by her politics that it would be okay in GM. Sometimes posting in Non-tennis just gets things ignored.

Now if I had started a thread about Bush's views on Yugoslavian leaders in GM then I could see moving it but not when it's about Jelena Dokic who just lost in the second round of a Grand Slam appearing to be distracted by outside issues.

It's not a big deal that it was moved but there is the implication that I did something wrong in my creation of the thread.
Old Aug 30th, 2002, 07:09 AM   #5

hrm hrm... something to think about. Let's petition to get it moved back, lol, it's just out of place there alongside threads on Ashanti, Delicious JonBcn and What SOng Are You Listening to Right Now?
Old Aug 30th, 2002, 07:10 AM   #6
country flag treufreund

Mrs Guga,

I don't have the answers but I would like to seriously know why. I had inquired cuz at the time it did not seem like a big deal but upon reflection it does seem a bit strange to me. I still feel that there is an implication that I did something wrong in creating the thread and it seems like that is one way to sort of kill the thread but on the other hand it deals with politics so I can see Griffin's p.o.v in moving it.

But whatever the reason, Jelena's support of this politician is a very big story and one that in my mind is much bigger than any trash-talking, Fed Cup feuds or supposed racial slurs at line calls. This is big time stuff. We are talking war crimes and stuff.
Old Aug 30th, 2002, 07:12 AM   #7

What are the uh, the views and beliefs of the guy she is supporting?! What is he campaigning for anyway and what is his name?!

We need more people like Jelena in tennis
Old Aug 30th, 2002, 07:18 AM   #8
country flag gentenaire

gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute
Treu, it's got nothing to do with you. Jay's original thread was also moved to non-tennis. My guess is that though the original message sort of belongs in general message, what the discussion turned into doesn't.
Other threads in general messages have gone far off topic, but you can't expect the admins you read every single thread.
Old Aug 30th, 2002, 07:19 AM   #9
country flag treufreund

I have heard conflicting reports about the man and unfortunately Jelena is ducking the questions. We need more people like Jelena if Jelena would elaborate on her views. I hope the man is not the demon many have said he is. If so then I cannot find any way to excuse Jelena. But as of now I don't really know all the facts. anyone else in here able to fill us in?
Old Aug 30th, 2002, 07:24 AM   #10
country flag treufreund

Tine,

wasn't there a chance that the discussion could have gotten back on course. I do appreciate that the link existed in GM. Thanks for that.

I still feel it's a thread that can legitimately belong in either forum. So why not just leave it there even if the discussion meanders as it does in all threads actually. It's like this board has turned into a place where "controversial" issues which are real are feared. That kind of censorship scares me. I am not saying that this instance was censorship but I do think in general that the board has shifted towards that end of things.
Old Aug 30th, 2002, 07:26 AM   #11

I wrote in the thread, in NonTennis if you have forgotten, lol, that I don't think all radical views should be criticised just yet. I actually agree with some radical ways of thinking
Old Aug 30th, 2002, 10:42 AM   #12
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
oic
Old Aug 30th, 2002, 12:44 PM   #13
country flag BritneySpearsIsHot

BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future
We need more people in tennis like Dokic, she has balls to say what she thinks
BritneySpearsIsHot is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 30th, 2002, 12:54 PM   #14
Weevee

Weevee is just really nice Weevee is just really nice Weevee is just really nice Weevee is just really nice Weevee is just really nice Weevee is just really nice Weevee is just really nice Weevee is just really nice Weevee is just really nice Weevee is just really nice Weevee is just really nice
I wonder where JD got her balls.
Weevee is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 30th, 2002, 01:52 PM   #15
country flag griffin
double-dog daredevil

griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, I was simply trying to oppress treufriend

While the conversation still involved Jelena, I left it here. When the discussion shifted completely - as Jay's had - to a debate about world politics (Jelena hadn't been mentioned for about a page), I moved it to NT.
Closed Thread