Heather's Cheering Thread - Page 99 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 7th, 2013, 10:37 AM   #1471
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
" By her own admission the pressure of defending points got to her" https://twitter.com/russellcfuller/s...50280577388544

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 7th, 2013, 10:49 AM   #1472
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyElectric. View Post
I still don't know why she hired him.

Her old coach was amazingly good. I still don't think changing her game style is the right way to go. She got to #39 playing how she did and could have gotten higher of she didn't get ill.
It is over anyway, it was a 3 months collaboration. She is looking for a new coach

Old Oct 7th, 2013, 05:00 PM   #1473
country flag cwej

cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all
Rubbish that it was the pressure of defending points. She's failed to win matches for the last two months in tournaments where she was defending nothing. Why does there always have to be some crap psychological reason?

She played her best tennis as a counter puncher - she's been trying to change that and it's been working well in early sets and games where the pressure is less intense. But when a match gets close the end she needs to revert back to her counter punching because the way she has been playing is too aggressive and under pressure situations she makes too many mistakes. It's exactly the same as Keothavong who also had a similar pattern of playing decent first sets then messing up.

Bates is a terrible coach in my opinion.

cwej is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 07:38 PM   #1474
country flag vaslav37

vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice
Re: Heather's Cheering Thread

The illness obviously hit Watson more than we imagined it did.

She now needs to go back to the drawing board and that means dropping down to ITF's and out of the top 100 but she is young enough to bounce back.
vaslav37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 10:17 PM   #1475
country flag guichard

Main draw WC to Watson in Luxembourg.

Old Oct 9th, 2013, 10:21 PM   #1476
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Wow another WC She's either more popular than I thought or she has a very good management team. I suspect the latter.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 10:39 PM   #1477
country flag guichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson. View Post
Wow another WC She's either more popular than I thought or she has a very good management team. I suspect the latter.
Management team. Though this one is from Octagon, http://www.bglbnpparibas-open.lu/pdf...release-02.pdf I thought she was with IMG ( or may be they made a deal)

Old Oct 14th, 2013, 12:25 AM   #1478
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Hev v Wickmayer on centre tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be streamed somewhere.

On the list for $75k Barnstaple too

... for some reason.
Old Oct 14th, 2013, 03:37 PM   #1479
country flag novinovi

novinovi has much to be proud of novinovi has much to be proud of novinovi has much to be proud of novinovi has much to be proud of novinovi has much to be proud of novinovi has much to be proud of novinovi has much to be proud of novinovi has much to be proud of novinovi has much to be proud of novinovi has much to be proud of novinovi has much to be proud of

Will she mention again some sci-fi excuse for her latest defeat?She keeps repeating "illness,psycholocigal pressure,illness,psychological pressure",but how about less talk more training?She even lost against Lepchenko recently.That's really bad.
novinovi is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2013, 09:10 PM   #1480
country flag cwej

cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all

She's losing because she's lost her mental focus - not the physical side, from what I'm seeing. She's not struggling to run around the court like she always did - she just makes error after error in the third sets, because she wants to win so much she's making errors.
cwej is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2013, 09:28 PM   #1481
country flag Dawson.

Agreed. It's mind over matter at the minute. She has probably lost confidence in her physical ability due to the glandular fever, especially the longer the match goes on, so tries to end the point early, completely going against her natural grinding instincts. It's going to be a long road back and her ranking may have to take another serious hit after the AO, but I'm confident next year will be infinitely better than this year and she'll end 2014 back in the top 100.

... for some reason.
Old Oct 14th, 2013, 09:37 PM   #1482
country flag Material World

Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of

Yep here's hoping. I think she can come back fresh, build a bit of confidence at ITF level and get back to the top 100 for the French.

Petkovic ~ Parmentier ~ Rezai ~ Errani ~ Vekic ~ Pavlyuchenkova ~ Halep ~ Konta ~ Riske
Material World is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2013, 02:10 AM   #1483
country flag guichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Material World View Post
Yep here's hoping. I think she can come back fresh, build a bit of confidence at ITF level and get back to the top 100 for the French.
She is playing 2 ITF coming up. Let's see how she does.

Old Oct 20th, 2013, 03:04 PM   #1484
country flag Dawson.

Drawn 6th seed McHale in round one of Poitiers. They've had some close matches in the past but McHale has won them all

... for some reason.
Old Oct 21st, 2013, 09:37 PM   #1485
country flag novinovi

novinovi has much to be proud of novinovi has much to be proud of novinovi has much to be proud of novinovi has much to be proud of novinovi has much to be proud of novinovi has much to be proud of novinovi has much to be proud of novinovi has much to be proud of novinovi has much to be proud of novinovi has much to be proud of novinovi has much to be proud of

I still don't lose hope about her...She is already deep on the bottom,so she can only surprise in positive way,not negative.She deserves win tomorrow for all that effort in last couple of months,despite she's been so bad.
novinovi is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote