Heather's Cheering Thread - Page 98 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 27th, 2013, 09:02 AM   #1456
country flag ianb29

ianb29 is just really nice ianb29 is just really nice ianb29 is just really nice ianb29 is just really nice ianb29 is just really nice ianb29 is just really nice ianb29 is just really nice ianb29 is just really nice ianb29 is just really nice ianb29 is just really nice ianb29 is just really nice
Re: Heather's Cheering Thread

Shocked she got a WC for Beijing when you look at that qualifying list! Delighted though & draw could have been a lot worse
ianb29 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 27th, 2013, 06:25 PM   #1457
country flag novinovi

novinovi has a brilliant future novinovi has a brilliant future novinovi has a brilliant future novinovi has a brilliant future novinovi has a brilliant future novinovi has a brilliant future novinovi has a brilliant future novinovi has a brilliant future novinovi has a brilliant future novinovi has a brilliant future novinovi has a brilliant future

Lepchenko is not anymore top 100 quality,probably the best opponent for first round for everyone in top 100,and if Heather can't win this it will be big surprise.She already defeated her on Wimbledon this year.
novinovi is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2013, 09:49 AM   #1458
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Another three set loss She's 2-6 in three set matches since the glandular fever.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2013, 05:39 PM   #1459
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Oh Hev. Looks like spending some time in the ITF's. Will be rough, but hopefully she will come out the other side stronger, cos she's really not WTA level atm. Still hoping she's completely over the GF.
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 08:07 AM   #1460
country flag Material World

Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of

Been a pretty awful year for her. So cruel to get the illness when she still had a bit of momentum and now loads of work needed to get back to where she was. Personally, I wonder whether she came back too soon. Jarka, who has the same illness has been out all year and Hev only lost about 10 weeks.

It's looking like AO qualies now anyway, so notwithstanding that she will want to play Osaka, it may be best for her to cut her losses now and have a good break.

Petkovic ~ Parmentier ~ Rezai ~ Errani ~ Vekic ~ Pavlyuchenkova ~ Halep ~ Konta ~ Riske
Material World is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 10:44 AM   #1461
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson. View Post
Another three set loss She's 2-6 in three set matches since the glandular fever.
What was her record in them before getting it?
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 02:50 PM   #1462
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Her three set record at the beginning of the year was 34/23 (59.6%). When she took her break post-Miami it stood at 38/26 (59.3%). It has since taken a tumble to 40/32 (55.5%)

... for some reason.
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #1463
country flag allracquetsports

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Material World View Post
It's looking like AO qualies now anyway, so notwithstanding that she will want to play Osaka, it may be best for her to cut her losses now and have a good break.
If she has entered Osaka, she can't just withdraw to take a break at her own convenience. Because of the sponsorship & advertising that supports the tour, the WTA are pretty strict on withdrawals from tournaments

From the WTA rules

" No withdrawal from a Tournament will be effective unless the play-
er submits the withdrawal in writing or via the PlayerZone to WTA
Operations, using a WTA Withdrawal Form and/or Medical
Information Form, as applicable. Withdrawals from the next
week’s Tournament, which are made after work hours from Friday
through to Sunday, must also be faxed or emailed to the
Supervisor on site."

So she can only withdraw for medical reasons, though being tired after glandular fever could be acceptable, assuming she can prove that she is still being affected by the illness.

As you say, as defending champion she will want to play - I just thought I would point out how strict the WTA are on playing commitments (and also off-court sponsorship events).
allracquetsports is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #1464
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

She is playing ITF $1OOk Poitier week of octo 21. it is a very strong field if it stays the same
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 08:57 PM   #1465
country flag Dawson.

Wouldn't surprise me if she played $75k Barnstaple the following week too.

... for some reason.
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 08:26 AM   #1466
country flag Dawson.

(8) Puig - Watson
Nara - Garcia
Hercog - Cetkovska
(2) Lisicki - Scheepers

I think it looks more difficult on paper. Puig isn't in the best form at the minute but it'll still be a struggle. Hopefully last year's memories inspire her. Good luck, Hev

... for some reason.
Old Oct 6th, 2013, 06:13 AM   #1467
country flag vaslav37

vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice

She could drop down to 134 in the world behind Konta.

Sadly a year to forget for Watson.
vaslav37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2013, 11:18 PM   #1468
country flag cwej

cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all

Anne Keothavong was EASILY the worst player we had mentally for Great Britain in her last two to three years on the tour. And was coached by Jeremy Bates for the last couple of years.

Heather Watson was EASILY the strongest player we had mentally for Great Britain. She came back from near losses to win on countless occasions. And was not coached by Jeremy Bates.

Heather Watson is now EASILY the worst player we have mentally for Great Britain. And is coached by Jeremy Bates.

Go figure.
cwej is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 06:48 AM   #1469
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

I still don't know why she hired him.

Her old coach was amazingly good. I still don't think changing her game style is the right way to go. She got to #39 playing how she did and could have gotten higher of she didn't get ill.
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 08:13 AM   #1470
country flag Dawson.

I feel so bad for her To go out in the first round as the defending champion, playing on court two must be a really hard pill to swallow.

I'm not sure if I agree with the mental fragility and coaching thing though. I don't think she was at her best physically when she came back at RG and probably could have benefitted by taking a few more weeks off (even if it meant missing Wimbledon). Her confidence has taken a major hit by losing all these matches and what we're left with is the Heather we see now. The change of game style had to happen sooner or later so I don't blame Bates for that either. I just think it's a confidence thing at the minute. She's already taken the first step by dropping down to ITFs. I'm all in favour of her dropping to 25ks as long as she gets some wins under her belt.

... for some reason.