Heather's Cheering Thread - Page 85 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 19th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #1261
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Heather Watson

She leading the first set 5-1

A.Radwańska | Halep | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 19th, 2013, 05:08 PM   #1262
country flag Ianto_Jones

Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future

Heather leads 6-1 3-1. I wasn't expecting this kind of form from her. Surprising.
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 05:24 PM   #1263
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Don't speak too soon, as soon as I come and watch livescore she loses all 3 games and is now at 4-4. I'm leaving again xD...
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 05:36 PM   #1264
country flag Ianto_Jones

Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future

Heather.
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 06:04 PM   #1265
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
Don't speak too soon, as soon as I come and watch livescore she loses all 3 games and is now at 4-4. I'm leaving again xD...
Make that the entire set. Morita takes it 7-5.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 06:24 PM   #1266
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Update, after a long game Morita broke Heather. Stick a fork in her, she's done. Morita's held to 15 both times I saw the outcome of her service games while taking Heather to deuce in hers, and forcing Heather to save break points repeatedly.

2-4*
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #1267
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

And her poor year continues

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 07:14 PM   #1268

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Oh dear. Made worse by being 6-1 4-1 up. Def not going to look at the GM thread...

That's 0s for both IW and Miami on her ranking the whole year and she had 3R points to defend. She's in a real run atm of tense 3 setters but lsoing them all. Perhaps people are adjusting to her game? Doesn't sound like she played badly today, just had no answers for when Morita played well.

Guess we'll see if the clay has any answers. Charlston is next up, after doubles here of course.
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 07:33 PM   #1269
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

So predictable

Needs to learn to close matches out!
Old Mar 20th, 2013, 01:21 AM   #1270
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/21851851

Apparently she's taking a break from tennis? So I don't think we will see her in Charleston.

I hope it helps.
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2013, 02:25 AM   #1271
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans. View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/21851851

Apparently she's taking a break from tennis? So I don't think we will see her in Charleston.

I hope it helps.
David Law later said it may mean just a week of practice, she didn't want to elaborate

David Law of BBC
Re the idea of Watson taking a break, she wasn't elaborating, but may just mean a week of not practising. This event alone lasts 2 weeks
https://twitter.com/DavidLawTennis/s...53110736080896
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #1272
country flag vaslav37

vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice

Hopefully she will be back for Madrid and Rome- her ranking should get her direct acceptance into these two events.
vaslav37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2013, 04:01 PM   #1273
country flag allracquetsports

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

Heather says she is burnt out! Having won 3 matches since Christmas and regularly going out in the first round, heaven knows how she will cope if she ever wins 3 matches in a single tournament again.

Given the length of time between the early tournaments, if you lose in the 1st round you get 2 weeks off anyway so taking a break is not much different from carrying on, except that you don't get any match practice to focus the mind.

No amount of practice can prepare you for playing someone who actually wants to beat you, thereby doing the opposite of what happens in practice sessions, actually hitting the ball where you don't want it.
allracquetsports is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2013, 04:22 PM   #1274

I think a lot of it is mental burnout...not physical. Trying to introduce changes into you game can be very mentally tiring, especially when you're losing to players you would previously have beaten.

From Hev's original comment I think this has kinda been blown out of proportion, she might miss charlston or something, but I expect she will be in Argentina for Fed cup.
Old Mar 20th, 2013, 04:25 PM   #1275
country flag KeysisGOAT

Eh, she won't be going anywhere, this is something she does on a semi-regular basis.