Heather's Cheering Thread - Page 68 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 1st, 2012, 11:47 PM   #1006
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of
Re: Heather Watson

It's such a small draw - 16 couples - that the competition is tough from match one.

The pair won't have time to get used to working together, so I can see why Murray would prefer a partner with whom he has played before, with some success.

It's not as though Hev is stellar and Laura is a nobody: taken on their own merits, they are both up-and-coming youngsters with a mixture of strengths and weaknesses, and neither has a 'right' to this entry - either would require a wildcard.
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 4th, 2012, 04:10 PM   #1007
country flag Snooked

Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of

45HQ from Aegon Classic http://hqworld.net/2012/08/heather-w...rmingham-june/
Snooked is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 04:04 PM   #1008
country flag coyets

coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
... nor can I find much evidence that the two have much of a relationship, ...
So, does this mean that onshore Brits are favoured over Brits from offshore islands?

Heather missed out on the opening ceremony, the mixed doubles, and the closing ceremony, and this was a once-in-a-lifetime home Olympics. I hope she is ranked high enough to qualify for Rio de Janeiro, and avoids anything which might prevent her playing and enjoying the 2016 Olympics.
coyets is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 06:23 PM   #1009
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyets View Post
So, does this mean that onshore Brits are favoured over Brits from offshore islands?
No, it means that two players who have played together probably know one another better than two players whose only interactions have been in passing when both were at the same tournament.

Quote:
Heather missed out on the opening ceremony, the mixed doubles, and the closing ceremony, and this was a once-in-a-lifetime home Olympics. I hope she is ranked high enough to qualify for Rio de Janeiro, and avoids anything which might prevent her playing and enjoying the 2016 Olympics.
Bar the mixed doubles, the same apply to Robson and Murray, as well as every other British tennis player. Laura justified being picked by getting a silver medal, Heather didn't deserve that spot just because she's got a higher ranking.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 06:30 PM   #1010
country flag Snooked

Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of

43HQ from AEGON international http://hqworld.net/2012/08/heather-w...stbourne-june/
Snooked is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 08:53 AM   #1011
country flag coyets

coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
No, it means that two players who have played together probably know one another better than two players whose only interactions have been in passing when both were at the same tournament.
Whether or not Laura Robson was the better choice, I wanted to point out that the choice of people because one knows them better is a common justification for continuation of discrimination in the past. This does not just apply to Guernsey or to tennis. It is a - possibly unfortunate - fact of life that people who have gained access to an inner circle continue to gain preference to those who are on the outside.
coyets is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 02:38 AM   #1012
country flag Maza1987

Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of

playing wicky in texas tonight

— Caroline Garcia — Taylor Townsend — Kristina Mladenovic — Heather Watson — Elina Svitolina —
Maza1987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 06:33 PM   #1013
country flag extrasolarsystem

extrasolarsystem is an unknown quantity at this point

Heather got Li Na for first round in US Open,OMG
extrasolarsystem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 06:37 PM   #1014
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all

Awful draw
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 06:54 PM   #1015
country flag Wintermute

Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute

That's unlucky. But hey, it gives Heather a chance to provide the shock of the tournament.
Wintermute is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 09:47 PM   #1016
country flag Ianto_Jones

Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
That's unlucky. But hey, it gives Heather a chance to provide the shock of the tournament.
She had that chance last year with Sharpie.

Why does Heather always get bad draws? Oh, wait, she only drew Vika in R1 of another slam this year.

In the defense of the Draw Gods she did have to play Vesnina at the French before Goerges--but this is Vesnina two weeks before she crushed Venus at Wimby.

Hev also drew Benesova and Hampton at Wimby--so not complaining there. There are some players who seem to be so lucky to always avoid the top players...
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 03:46 AM   #1017
country flag JustAileen

JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light

Na is in best form and I don't see Hev causing a upset

Bue she's into Dallas double final now. I wonder if Benesova is becoming a GB's favourite oppoment, she's lost 4 in a row in about 2 months, including doubles and mixed.
JustAileen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #1018
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no Give it your best shot Heather and let's hope for an upset
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 07:57 AM   #1019
country flag Maza1987

Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of

another dubs title. this time in texas again with erakovic.
good partnership she has with her. they should make it permanent from now on.

— Caroline Garcia — Taylor Townsend — Kristina Mladenovic — Heather Watson — Elina Svitolina —
Maza1987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 08:31 PM   #1020
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Loses in straight sets after being a break up in the 2nd too (6-2 6-3)

Heather REALLY needs to develop more power and weight of shot because her lack of pace meant she was being completely bossed around today.

BUT she wasn't embarrassed out there and that's the important thing, it's just such a shame she got another horrible draw