Heather's Cheering Thread - Page 45 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 17th, 2011, 02:25 PM   #661
country flag baaelzebub

baaelzebub is a name known to all baaelzebub is a name known to all baaelzebub is a name known to all baaelzebub is a name known to all baaelzebub is a name known to all baaelzebub is a name known to all baaelzebub is a name known to all baaelzebub is a name known to all baaelzebub is a name known to all baaelzebub is a name known to all baaelzebub is a name known to all
Re: Heather Watson

I loved watching Heather play. It's so refreshing to see someone that actually seems to enjoy the game. Shame about the loss but there's plenty of years and talent for her to go far.

Doubles with Keothavong @ Eastbourne 15-06-11

|Ain't no party like a ...COCKTAIL PARTY!|... |D' Express_71 |
HantuchovaForever
baaelzebub is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 17th, 2011, 04:26 PM   #662
country flag Maza1987

Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of

johanson in rnd 1
winnable.

— Caroline Garcia — Taylor Townsend — Kristina Mladenovic — Heather Watson — Elina Svitolina —
Maza1987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 09:38 PM   #663
country flag Maza1987

Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of

Good interview with Heather.
Daily Mail—When Ana Ivanovic said 'I'm on after Heather' I knew I had won respect of the locker room

Also,
News of the World—Heather can weather all the pressure

— Caroline Garcia — Taylor Townsend — Kristina Mladenovic — Heather Watson — Elina Svitolina —

Last edited by Maza1987 : Jun 18th, 2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 04:18 PM   #664
country flag Maza1987

Another good article with quotes:
The Guardian—Heather Watson slips under the radar in rise to prominence

Also, Heather should be playing Tuesday sometime. Good for me, seeing as I finish work at 2pm that day.

Old Jun 21st, 2011, 06:49 AM   #665
country flag Maza1987

heather last on court 3 today after jankovic then 3 men's matches. no chance of gettin on I think.

Old Jun 21st, 2011, 08:40 AM   #666
country flag coyets

coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maza1987 View Post
heather last on court 3 today after jankovic then 3 men's matches
The last of the three men's matches is John Isner vs. Nicolas Mahut. So, I suppose that reduces the chances of playing even more.

On the other hand, the first of the three men's matches is already in the third set. So that increases the chances somewhat.
coyets is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 09:01 PM   #667
country flag Maza1987

Obviously, I'm gutted about the injury. She was playing so assured.

But what really impressed me the most was how she conducted herself throughout the match (especially after the injury). Boris Becker often states "if you're injured, never let your opponent see it", and I'm sure Heather must have been operationalising that advice. It was great to see such a composed head on young shoulders. This was arguably the biggest contributing factor to the final set being so close. She could have fell away and started to feel sorry for herself—but didn't. There was never any show of peevishness and she held herself like a true professional. Absolutely superlative.

Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 11:18 PM   #668
country flag Wintermute

Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute

Bad luck to Heather in getting that injury. But she still fought her hardest from the sounds of it. Tears in the press conference but she seems to be happy with nice words about her from Rio Ferdinand on twitter.

I was on Court 3 on Tuesday when she was scheduled but obviously it got postponed due to the lateness so I never got to see her play live. Maybe next year.
Wintermute is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 02:09 AM   #669
country flag strike86

strike86 is just really nice strike86 is just really nice strike86 is just really nice strike86 is just really nice strike86 is just really nice strike86 is just really nice strike86 is just really nice strike86 is just really nice strike86 is just really nice strike86 is just really nice strike86 is just really nice

Shame that she lost. But strongly agree with comments here that she did not give up and fought until the very end, despite injury. learning curve, and can continue building after championships to establish herself in Top 50 hopefully got plenty of time. Hopefully the injurys not serious.

Sure Guernesy and Britains proud of you! keep up good work.

Present faves in no order: Shahar Peer, Heather Watson, Anne Keothavong, Venus Williams, Serena Williams, Sabine Lisicki, Petra Kvitova, Jelena Jankovic, Maria Sharapova, Daniela Hantouchova

Missing: Anna Kournikova, Nicole Vaidisova, Amanda Coezter, Lindsay Davenport (though see her as BBC Wimbledon pundit these days), Monica Seles!
strike86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 08:40 PM   #670
country flag dos Santos

dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute

WTA.2011.Wimbledon.R1.Johansson.vs.Watson.ENG.400p .x264.BBCi-dukie.mkv
dos Santos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 07:39 AM   #671
country flag dos Santos

dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute

2011.Wimbledon.Mixed.Doubles.R1.Hutchins-Watson.vs.Melo-Stubbs.ENG.576p.x264.BBCi-dukie.mkv
dos Santos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2011, 04:23 PM   #672
country flag Mforensic

Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute

Nice first round win at College Park against Danilidou 6-4 6-1. Next up Dubois!
2008- 25K Jersey, 75K Torhout
2009- 25K Changwong, 75K Shrewsbury
2010- 100K Midland, 50K Nottingham
2011- 100K+H Nottingham
2013- 50K Nottingham
Mforensic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2011, 07:27 PM   #673
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

Heather and Stephanie met earlier this year, and Heather only lost one game!

http://www.wtatennis.com/headtohead/heather-watson_2255881_16047/0,,12781~16047~9644,00.html

But Stephanie has just had a good win here, so I guess she's on better form now.
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2011, 07:40 AM   #674
country flag Maza1987

good luck v dubois

Old Jul 28th, 2011, 11:14 PM   #675
country flag Maza1987

Lost 1-6 in the third.

That was a classic example of not taking your chances. Heather was in control for almost all the second set—but only took 1 of 10 bp's.

Oh well, move on to the next tourny, Heather.