Heather's Cheering Thread - Page 43 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 23rd, 2011, 10:59 PM   #631
country flag Mforensic

Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Heather Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maza1987 View Post
the baton is slowly being handed over. anne i think will retire after the onlympics. and bally may, too, as well.
Bally has already stated in press conferences that she will retire after the Olympics.

1) Laura Robson- 57
2) Johanna Konta- 119
3) Heather Watson- 122
4) Tara Moore- 210
5) Naomi Broady- 226
Mforensic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 24th, 2011, 07:46 AM   #632
country flag coyets

coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light
Question Re: Heather Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maza1987 View Post
the baton is slowly being handed over.
Heather seems to be determined to take the baton rather quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingTennisFan View Post
Eurosport said something about this being the first British woman to win a round at RG since 1994..
... since Clare Wood defeated Gigi Fernandez in 1994.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto_Jones View Post
Heather Watson is the first Brit in 28 years to Qualify for Roland Garros.
... since Kate Brasher in 1983.

Has a British woman ever qualified for the French Open and won a round in the same tournament before?
coyets is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2011, 05:42 PM   #633
country flag PerfectForm

PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future

I was watching bits of Heather's match & I was very impressed with her tenacity and guts when she was saving those SPs in the first set. On the second SP (I think) she went for a gutsy BH down the line & on another point, she hit a backhand defensive lob from way behind the baseline over Foretz head to give her a BP to take it to a tiebreak.

I hope she will get on a showcourt for round 2 again.

Morita. Pavlyuchenkova. Halep. Antoniychuk. Wozniacki. Vesnina. Chakvetadze. Jankovic. Ivanovic. Puig

Larcher D B. Diyas. Orlik. E Bogdan. Khromacheva. Ishizu. Kovalets. Kichenoks. Cepelova
PerfectForm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 12:21 AM   #634
country flag Maza1987

Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of

Nick Bollettieri: Take it from me, feisty Watson has what it takes
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/t...s-2288486.html

Article by Nick on Heahther's game.

— Caroline Garcia — Taylor Townsend — Kristina Mladenovic — Heather Watson — Elina Svitolina —
Maza1987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 02:49 PM   #635
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Confused as to why Heather isn't scheduled to play today.
Old May 25th, 2011, 03:33 PM   #636
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe. View Post
Confused as to why Heather isn't scheduled to play today.
Aye, I was wondering about that too.

Maybe today is scheduled for singles for all the players who played singles on Sunday, and *some* from Monday, and then tomorrow is some from Monday and all from Tuesday.
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 03:37 PM   #637
country flag Sharapovian
Pinkpova

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute

Playing 3rd on Court 3 tomorrow.
Old May 25th, 2011, 11:33 PM   #638
country flag Mforensic

Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute

The schedule is going by halves of the draw. Top half today, bottom half tomorrow.

1) Laura Robson- 57
2) Johanna Konta- 119
3) Heather Watson- 122
4) Tara Moore- 210
5) Naomi Broady- 226
Mforensic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 12:28 AM   #639
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

Yeah, it's just the three days for round 1 that makes things confusing. Top half were spread over Sunday and Monday, bottom half over Monday and Tuesday.

The players who played on the earlier day within their half have two days rest before round 2.
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 04:00 PM   #640
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Heather's getting completely outplayed.

1-6 0-1
Old May 26th, 2011, 06:05 PM   #641
country flag VikingTennisFan

VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light

Kanepi won 6-1 6-3.

Oh well, it was probably a bit much to ask.. Still a good run; first grand slam victory, first Briton to qualify/win in a long while, and a place in the top 100. Not bad for a weeks work.

Go 1 further at Wimbledon?
VikingTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 10:16 PM   #642
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

Big ask at the minute - the way the seedings work, she'd either have to beat a seed, or beat someone who has beaten a seed.

It's quite a bit above the level she's used to, and I don't know if she's got the weapons unless her opponent is having a bad day. I suppose I'm hoping she'll get through a round, and anything more is a bonus.
Old May 26th, 2011, 10:26 PM   #643
country flag Maza1987

Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of

pleased with the tourny as a whole.
on to the grass

— Caroline Garcia — Taylor Townsend — Kristina Mladenovic — Heather Watson — Elina Svitolina —
Maza1987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 11:06 PM   #644
country flag VikingTennisFan

VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light

I believe Kanepi was the highest ranked player Heather has ever played?

In any case her improved ranking should allow her to meet players of Kanepi's calibre more often. She obviously has to step up if she wants to progress further into the top 100, and to do that she needs to play against much tougher opponents than she's used to so far.
VikingTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 11:14 PM   #645
country flag pesto

It will be interesting to see how she adjusts to grass, and to the heightened expectations. If she's going straight to Nottingham next week, she might end up getting more practice on the surface than most other players.

I think her overheads and her net play could do with some work, from what I saw of her first round match. I liked her movement and her attitude.