Heather's Cheering Thread - Page 21 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 14th, 2010, 07:58 PM   #301
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Heather Watson

Shes drawn fellow qualifier Wozniak in R1.
GL Heather!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 14th, 2010, 08:13 PM   #302
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

It's doable. I really hope she does do it.

She played so well in set 1 but then it got a bit odd and complicated.
Slutiana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 11:55 PM   #303
country flag serenus_2k8

serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute

What do u mean by that?

usopen and wimbledon
#219juniorchampions #220

venuswilliams serenawilliams
serenus_2k8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 12:23 AM   #304
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenus_2k8 View Post
What do u mean by that?
Heather Watson vs. Bojana Jovanovski

Jovanovski did not tank.

The first set was much closer than the scoreline suggests. Heather came out pushing the ball into the center of the court and rolling her second serve in at around 70mph which Bojana brutally punshed with some huge winners. From *0-1 0-30 Heather began to put a lot more on her second serve and played much more aggressively. The rallies raged on as Bojana was determined to finish the points quickly and Heather tried to prolong them and put the ball in tough positions for Bojana. The difference between the two was that Heather seemed to come up with clutch winners while at full stretch on the big points. This included a running forehand dropshot winner while she was in the doubles lines. Heather served well in the final game of set 1 and took the set with the loss of only one game.

Then the craziness began. Heather had about 6 game points outside of the one game she won in the second set. On three of them she shanked forehands into the crowd, on two she hit routine backhands into the net and on the remaining one she hit a double fault. Bojana did very well though, she added a lot more topspin onto her shots and her shot selection was spot on. She hit some great returns in the final game and that set was hers.

The final set really showed why Heather has such a good record in third sets this year. As the umpire called "time" she jumped out of her chair and ran to the baseline in a Nadal-esque way before playing three stunning points in a row and eventually breaking to -15 with a backhand DTL as good as a winner. What was shocking is that from that moment Bojana decided to crush every single forehand as hard as possible and slice/dropshot every backhand. I dont know if she was injured (she didnt have an ice pack or bandage on after the match) or she just felt like doing it, but it was just so odd. She actually hit some good dropshots but Heather was too quick tand dealt with them accordingly. Bojana played like that for the rest of the set and as Heathers level rose, it became a straightforward walk in the park for Heather.
Slutiana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 04:45 AM   #305
country flag julia carrot

julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice

Great report, thanks.

According to her post match interview Heather admitted to a having a 'stomach strain'..... maybe that was what was bothering her in the second set?

Whatever, I hope she's feeling good today and like you say..... today's match is definitely doable.
julia carrot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 03:00 PM   #306
country flag VikingTennisFan

VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light

Watson def Wozniak 6-3 6-2

Awesome stuff, Heather!
VikingTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 03:06 PM   #307

VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light

..and if I'm not mistaken that win is worth 60 points. +20 for qualifying should take her to a ranking of about 250... assuming she can't beat Azarenka..
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 03:15 PM   #308
country flag snowfox

snowfox is just really nice snowfox is just really nice snowfox is just really nice snowfox is just really nice snowfox is just really nice snowfox is just really nice snowfox is just really nice snowfox is just really nice snowfox is just really nice snowfox is just really nice snowfox is just really nice

brilliant heather. she deserves this.she was brilliant at bham last week and her good form is showing.this is a great result
now go and beat aza!
snowfox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 04:04 PM   #309
country flag julia carrot

julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice

Just came home and saw this result ( laptop had gone flat whilst out !!) - just brilliant....... so delighted for Heather
julia carrot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 05:36 PM   #310
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Im gonna be there for Vika vs Heather! Im so excited, its a joke. Will post on here a report.
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 07:30 PM   #311
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, great win!! Can't wait for the report, Joe

Edit - actually maybe it'll be shown on Eurosport?

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 08:49 PM   #312

Quote:
Originally Posted by e5dawsonj View Post
Edit - actually maybe it'll be shown on Eurosport?
Yeah, right.. They chose to show James Ward rather than Watson today Although in fairness it was a big win for him also.

But maybe they've woken up now?
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 10:29 PM   #313
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Well she was on an outside court today that probably wasn't televised.

Tomorrow she's on court 1, so it probably won't be shown either I'd much rather watch her and Vika than Stosur/Hantuchova - and I'm a Stosur fan!

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2010, 08:32 AM   #314
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah come on she's british she should take the centre court especially that she's playing victoria azarenka how dumb is that!! i remember them putting baltacha vs keothavong on centre court R1 a few years ago stupid scheduling IMO.
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Marion Bartoli Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2010, 11:36 AM   #315

Heather is featured on the frontpage of the WTA website with this article:
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/p...071700,00.html

She's 1-6 1-4 down