Heather's Cheering Thread - Page 20 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 11th, 2010, 02:10 PM   #286
country flag julia carrot

julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice
Re: Heather Watson

I wonder why Heather has withdrawn from Wimbledon Juniors - I would have thought she had a good chance of taking the title this year ? I too saw her play at Birmingham and she was quite impressive.
julia carrot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 11th, 2010, 02:18 PM   #287
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia carrot View Post
I wonder why Heather has withdrawn from Wimbledon Juniors - I would have thought she had a good chance of taking the title this year ? I too saw her play at Birmingham and she was quite impressive.
She probably only entered because the MDWC wasn't certain. She's 18 now and she has to focus on the seniors now. Playing juniors won't have any benefit to her career at this stage so there really is no point.

I hope she gets a WC into the Eastbourne qualies and then peaks for Wimbledon.
Slutiana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2010, 03:07 PM   #288

julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice julia carrot is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutiana View Post
She probably only entered because the MDWC wasn't certain. She's 18 now and she has to focus on the seniors now. Playing juniors won't have any benefit to her career at this stage so there really is no point.

I hope she gets a WC into the Eastbourne qualies and then peaks for Wimbledon.
I suppose you're right but but it doesn't stop the Plishkova's for example.
Old Jun 11th, 2010, 03:16 PM   #289
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

And that's exactly why the Pliskova's will do nothing of note in their respective careers I think the USO should have been Heather's last ever junior event - it would have been great to go out on a high. Playing the AO this year was just a bit pointless (especially seeing as though she lost in round 1 )

Hopefully an Eastbourne QWC is on the cards - the draw is released later on tonight (after 6pm).

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2010, 03:21 PM   #290
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed for her getting a QWC for Eastbourne. I'm going on Wednesday and it would be great to see her. I saw her in '07 at the junior event and didn't expect that she was going to be a star like she is now.
Old Jun 11th, 2010, 03:48 PM   #291
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by e5dawsonj View Post
And that's exactly why the Pliskova's will do nothing of note in their respective careers I think the USO should have been Heather's last ever junior event - it would have been great to go out on a high. Playing the AO this year was just a bit pointless (especially seeing as though she lost in round 1 )

Hopefully an Eastbourne QWC is on the cards - the draw is released later on tonight (after 6pm).
Indeed. But even they had built up their rankings to a respectable level and then began to play slams. Whereas look at somebody like Lertcheewakarn, she whored up junior events until she was unable to, but now everybody is passing her in the rankings.

And yes. I only saw her for the first proper time in January/Feb and I was so shocked with how good she was considering all the rumours that she was a pusher and stuff. Her game still needs to develop a lot but she is lovely to watch. It's great that we have such contrasting styles in our youngsters.
Old Jun 11th, 2010, 10:52 PM   #292
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Heather has drawn fellow wild card Anna Smith in QR1. The winner will have a tough task in facing either Pironkova or Srebotnik. QR1 is very winnable and would earn her 8 ranking points Tough second round either way though

Edit - Interestingly, she and Anna have met twice before - both on grass. Smith won the first 6-1, 6-4 in the semis of Felixstowe then Heather won the second not so long after in the Frinton semis 6-2, 6-1. She's a quick learner

... for some reason.
Old Jun 13th, 2010, 01:35 PM   #293
country flag Dawson.

QR1 def. Smith 7-5, 6-4
QR2 def. Pironkova 2-6, 6-3, 6-4

First top 100 win She'll face either South or Jovanovski. Good luck, Heather

... for some reason.
Old Jun 13th, 2010, 01:44 PM   #294
country flag VikingTennisFan

VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light

Well done, Heather!

Now go on and qualify!
VikingTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2010, 02:07 PM   #295
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jun 13th, 2010, 02:10 PM   #296
country flag Slutiana

Going again tomorrow so I hope they put Heather on an outside court.
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 12:20 PM   #297
country flag Dawson.

Watson def Jovanovski 6-1, 1-6, 6-1. Strange scoreline, but nonetheless

She will face either Petrova, Pennetta or a fellow qualifier in the MD. Hoping for the latter

... for some reason.
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 12:25 PM   #298

Old Jun 14th, 2010, 03:15 PM   #299
country flag serenus_2k8

serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute

Amazin, well in Heather

usopen and wimbledon
#219juniorchampions #220

venuswilliams serenawilliams
serenus_2k8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 04:43 PM   #300
country flag Joe.

I wonder when the Qualifiers are placed.