Heather's Cheering Thread - Page 15 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 20th, 2009, 04:39 PM   #211
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Heather Watson

Nice win Heather great way to back up the double bagel in the previous round! Thanks for the report too, Chris84! Are you going later on in the week too?

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 20th, 2009, 05:28 PM   #212
country flag WIMBY

WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of

Well done

6 Singles titles and 24 Doubles titles, 3rd rnd 2012 & 1/4 Final 07 Wimbledon Mixed Doubles, Round 2 Wimbledon 06

"You have to dream big and go for it. Surround yourself with people who believe in you and ignore those who try to bring you down. Never give up, no matter what - overcoming obstacles makes you stronger." "If it is to be, it is up to me".
WIMBY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2009, 06:53 PM   #213
country flag Chris 84

Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by e5dawsonj View Post
Nice win Heather great way to back up the double bagel in the previous round! Thanks for the report too, Chris84! Are you going later on in the week too?
yeah, i'll be around for the rest of the week i think....i might skip the weekend matches if noone interesting makes the semis

Bibiane Schoofs Flavia Pennetta Anett Kontaveit Aga Radwanska Tara Moore Sorana Cirstea

MY TWITTER
https://twitter.com/ChrissieBhoy
Chris 84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 04:23 PM   #214
country flag Mforensic

Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute

Heather lost her first round match in a tight 3-setter against Sfar.
2008- 25K Jersey, 75K Torhout
2009- 25K Changwong, 75K Shrewsbury
2010- 100K Midland, 50K Nottingham
2011- 100K+H Nottingham
2013- 50K Nottingham
Mforensic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 04:44 PM   #215
country flag Chris 84

Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute

Sfar won 6-2 2-6 7-6
Watson v Sfar was actually a very high quality match for this level. Sfar's style of play was very different to most players with her slice, netplay and even chipping and charging at times. Bizarrely she kept complaining about the fact that there were no ballboys, etc

I talked to Heather's mum during the match, and she really seemed nice. Some of the coaches, parents, etc seem a bit stand-offish with fans, but she seemed to enjoy the fact that people were actually cheering for Heather and she talked freely with me

Bibiane Schoofs Flavia Pennetta Anett Kontaveit Aga Radwanska Tara Moore Sorana Cirstea

MY TWITTER
https://twitter.com/ChrissieBhoy
Chris 84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 11:31 PM   #216
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Nice read:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/chrisbeva...next_step.html

It seems the next 9 months or so are going to be pretty similar to now for Heather, then when she finishes high school she'll focus 100% on tennis.

Tough loss today too

... for some reason.
Old Dec 8th, 2009, 05:22 PM   #217
country flag Wintermute

Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute

Surprised no-one's posted that Heather's into round two of the Orange Bowl in Florida.

KEY BISCAYNE, Fla. -- Kim Clijsters and Caroline Wozniacki weren’t anywhere near Crandon Park, but a pair of female finalists from the 2009 US Open opened Girls’ 18s play Monday at the Dunlop Orange Bowl International Tennis Championships. Reigning US Open junior champion Heather Watson and runner-up Yana Buchina each entertained an American wild card.

[...]

Hardebeck, a 15-year-old who won the USTA National Clay Court Championships in July, also tested her experienced opponent. With foot speed and a down-the-line backhand well beyond her years, the American earned five break points in the seventh game of the opening set.

But Watson washed away all five with versatile winners: two down-the-line backhands, an inside-out forehand, a backhand drop shot and unreturnable serve down the tee. Watson held for 5-2 with a crafty first-serve/drop-shot combination, showing striking improvement from the player she was just one year ago.

Watson’s 6-2, 6-2 win over Hardebeck was her first main-draw victory at an Orange Bowl event since 2005. She lost in the first round of the Girls’ 18s in 2008, Girls’ 16s in 2007 and Girls’ 14s in 2006.

“I don’t focus on winning as much any more,” said Watson. “I just focus on doing everything right, like my body language and technique. When I think about those things, I am taking pressure off myself and playing my best tennis.”

Now a Grand Slam champion, the girl from Guernsey, Great Britain, feels a little different in her second junior tournament since winning the US Open. And she’s not at all opposed to it.

“I’m definitely getting a lot more respect,” said Watson. “People are looking at me more, and I like it.”

dunloporangebowl.com
Wintermute is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2009, 08:00 PM   #218
country flag Wintermute

Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute

R2: Watson [3] def. Arshavskaya 6-2 6-2

Plays Zheng Saisai [13] next.
Old Dec 10th, 2009, 08:59 PM   #219
country flag NoChokes

NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of

Think she's won that game too today.

KOB
NoChokes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2009, 03:53 PM   #220
country flag Wintermute

Yes, tougher win. 6-1 3-6 6-3

She now plays Ajla Tomljanovic [6].
Old Dec 12th, 2009, 02:57 PM   #221
country flag Wintermute

Ajla won 6-2 6-3
Old Dec 12th, 2009, 03:09 PM   #222
country flag Dawson.

Bleehhhh Never mind Heather.

... for some reason.
Old Jan 1st, 2010, 12:08 PM   #223
country flag serenus_2k8

serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute

Heather will start the 2010 season at the Australian Open Juniors event, looking to capture her 2nd successive junior slam.

She will then play the 2 25ks in Aus, which is exciting I hope she starts her progression very well

usopen and wimbledon
#219juniorchampions #220

venuswilliams serenawilliams
serenus_2k8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 11:07 PM   #224
country flag TeamUla

TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute

TeamUla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 11:25 PM   #225
country flag NoChokes

NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of

Nice pics.

Who's the other girl?

KOB
NoChokes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote