Heather's Cheering Thread - Page 136 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 27th, 2014, 05:26 PM   #2026
country flag mbturner

mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice
Re: Heather's Cheering Thread

Heather scheduled to play doubles tonight, last match Court 4.
mbturner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 28th, 2014, 11:09 AM   #2027
country flag mbturner

mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice

Another quick defeat. Not her best week.
Old Aug 28th, 2014, 03:49 PM   #2028
country flag jankimfan

jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute

Miss Movin On...

Thanks to bobito for providing me with JJ avatar

Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God
jankimfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2014, 12:13 PM   #2029
country flag mbturner

Is she injured? She doesn't seem to be playing much tennis. Golf swing is improving though!
Old Sep 9th, 2014, 12:34 PM   #2030
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbturner View Post
Is she injured? She doesn't seem to be playing much tennis. Golf swing is improving though!
Humm she just played the USO. She will play Seoul , Wuham and Beijing in the next 3 weeks.

Sent from Verticalsports.com App
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2014, 08:11 PM   #2031
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

That's fair enough - she had a very busy North American hard court season, having to play qualies and MD repeatedly.

The draws this week (especially Quebec) are so weak though, that it seems a shame not to try to vulture som points. I suppose you wouldn't know just how weak they are until the deadline passes!
pesto is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2014, 09:12 AM   #2032
country flag LeatherRatson

LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
Humm she just played the USO. She will play Seoul , Wuham and Beijing in the next 3 weeks.

Sent from Verticalsports.com App
She's also entered into Osaka this year!
LeatherRatson is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2014, 11:49 AM   #2033
country flag jankimfan

jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to bobito for providing me with JJ avatar

Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God
jankimfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2014, 10:25 AM   #2034

LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of

Heather has a good draw in Seoul

8 Watson vs Qualifier
Schmiedlova vs Qualifier
Friedsam vs Shvedova
Glushko vs 2 Ka. Pliskova

Qualifying draw is not that strong, and Heather has been consistent against low ranked players this year, so best of luck!
Old Sep 13th, 2014, 10:57 AM   #2035
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

Good luck Hev.

Aga is on the other side of the draw. Seeds 2-8 are all quite close in the rankings: 36-47.

Good to see Heather being seeded in WTA tournaments again.
pesto is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2014, 10:24 PM   #2036
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all

Should at very least make the quarters here!
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2014, 10:37 PM   #2037
country flag Gruftgesänge

Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of

Heather will be on at about 4.30 am GMT tomorrow against Nicole Gibbs.

Rather an important match and week for her, I feel. Despite her bold words to the press beforehand, the US Open was a bit of a disaster. Her Grand Slam dream of reaching the last 16 lasted about 45 minutes: The match with Cirstea went by so fast it was already over by the time I got home from work. I can only go by reports but it seems that Sori played a stunning first set but her level then dipped and one would normally expect Heather to step in and take advantage as she'd done in all their previous encounters. But it seems that Heather was stuck playing the same rank tennis she'd showed against Shuai Zhang in Cincinnati: very weak serving and amateurish errors off the ground.

Oddly, I had a premonition that the match might go wrong. After Jo Konta lost so heavily to her pigeon Nara in Istanbul I had a nasty feeling that it might be Heather's turn to lose to her own pigeon... (even though Hev's made of stronger stuff than Konta!)

Let's hope Heather rediscovers her mojo in Seoul, enjoys her status as a seeded player, and begins clocking the wins again!

Diego Veronelli gave an interesting interview of his own to the BBC before the US Open began. He said that he's been encouraging Heather to adopt a more bullish attitude and it's been notable this season that she hasn't referred in interviews to the loneliness of the tour or the unfriendliness of the locker room, something that really seemed to depress her last year. Veronelli also added that he's been advising her to keep her distance from social media, and it's generally true that she less prolific on Twitter and Facebook though she posted a very nice tribute to player and cancer survivor Ross Hutchins when he announced his retirement the other day:

Quote:
I've been a lucky girl getting to play with you Rosco, loved every minute of it with you on and off the court! Happy retirement xx
Gruftgesänge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2014, 09:49 AM   #2038
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

So... At what point do we start worrying?

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2014, 11:32 AM   #2039

At least she is playing well in doubles...

I didn't see the match but from pure speculation of the fact she's playing well in doubles, then I would think it's more mental than a physical issue related to her poor performances at Grand slams (or at least she didn't reach her goal of getting to a 4th round)...

*Watson *Broady *Konta *Lisicki *Vinci *Erakovic *Pennetta *V Williams
Old Sep 16th, 2014, 12:58 PM   #2040
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all

Worrying run of form at the moment.
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote