Heather's Cheering Thread - Page 134 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 11th, 2014, 05:42 PM   #1996
country flag jankimfan

jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Heather's Cheering Thread

locked in final set
jankimfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 12th, 2014, 03:12 AM   #1997
country flag jankimfan

jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute

lost 7-5 in the third...anyways, she deserves some rest after so much of play in the last few weeks.
jankimfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2014, 04:09 AM   #1998
country flag Idemo

Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute

Heather will be starting her year at the Hopman Cup, partnering Andy Murray

IVANOVIC ~ WOZNIACKI ~ MUGURUZA ~ DELLACQUA ~ LUCIC-BARONI
TOMLJANOVIC ~ GAJDOSOVA ~ GOERGES ~ CIRSTEA ~ GAVRILOVA
Idemo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2014, 08:56 PM   #1999
country flag Wintermute

Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute

They showed Heather on the breakfast news this morning smashing her racquet after losing. She walked to the net to shake hands without it. Clearly very disappointed in herself for losing this one.
Wintermute is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2014, 09:06 PM   #2000
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Disappointing loss and I'm glad she smashed her raquet at the end, she clearly expects better from herself. As for the handshake, it really wasn't that bad. By what people in GM were saying you'd think she had spat in Zhang's face or something She was just pissed off and rightfully so. Ironically, it wasn't too long ago that people were saying she's too nice for the tennis world!

And that's interesting news about Hopman Cup with Murray! What a great experience it'll be for her.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2014, 12:21 AM   #2001
country flag Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of

This match was such a stinker! Heather's recent heavy schedule and globe-trotting must have caught up her with her big time. Even though she sailed through qualifying at the weekend, the asshole tournament organisers did her no favours by scheduling her main draw match first thing on Monday morning. (They gave James Ward a day off yesterday. Why not Hev?) Heather was barely even awake until she was 3-6; 0-2 down. Luckily for her, Zhang has to be the worst player to ever 'grace' the Top 30 and she was happy to let Hev back into the match. The quality of play was so bad it was unbelievable and, literally, all Hev had to do was keep the ball in play in order to finish Zhang off! But Hev couldn't seem to concentrate for more than two or three games at a time. Her 1st serve went AWOL, her 2nd serve was landing in the bottom of the net, and the simplest groundstokes and volleys were flying out of court.

I still thought she'd win when she collected herself, saved the match-points and levelled the 3rd set at 5-5 but her serve and the rest of her game promptly deserted her again. She was understandably exasperated at the end but she's clearly mentally and physically fried and her body's crying out for rest. Even if she'd scraped through yesterday she'd have had to face Wozniacki tonight. Too much tennis.

The good thing is she should be fully recuperated and raring to go again in time for New York.
Carl Sagan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2014, 09:18 AM   #2002
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

Thinking ahead, the Hopman Cup is interesting for future mixed doubles opportunities in Rio. I think that last time, Laura was chosen partially because of Murray's good experience playing with her in Hopman Cup.
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2014, 01:25 PM   #2003
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesto View Post
Thinking ahead, the Hopman Cup is interesting for future mixed doubles opportunities in Rio. I think that last time, Laura was chosen partially because of Murray's good experience playing with her in Hopman Cup.
Perhaps but I am not sure Heather would have been chosen for hopman cup if Robson was healthy .

Sent from Verticalsports.com App
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2014, 12:08 AM   #2004
country flag Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
Perhaps but I am not sure Heather would have been chosen for hopman cup if Robson was healthy.
It will feel good for Heather to pair up with Murray this time, and she deserves it for her efforts this season. She made it clear she was aggrieved when Murray preferred Laura over her at the London Olympics in 2012, even though Heather was the British Womens' No. 1 at the time, and had just recorded her best ever showing at Wimbledon, reaching the 3rd round. I think it briefly caused a bit of friction between her and Laura. It was probably awkward for Murray though I could fully understand his reasoning. He'd been an open admirer of Laura ever since she'd won Junior Wimbledon and they combined brilliantly at the Hopman Cup in 2010. Murray surely considered that Laura's explosive game made her a potentially far more potent partner at the Olympics than Heather. And he was proven right in his choice: Muzza/Robson played some dynamic tennis together and only narrowly missed out on a gold medal.

Heather's a more complete player now than the baseline retriever she was two years ago and she's a gifted net player. Let's hope she and Andy recreate some of the Hopman Cup magic of 2010:

Carl Sagan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2014, 12:01 PM   #2005
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

I didn't mean that I thought it meant they would definitely team up again for the Olympics, but it gives the pair a chance to see if they can make a decent team, and if they do, then form in the run-up to the Olympics will factor in to Murray's choice. At the moment, who knows how Laura's comeback will go.

I can see why Hev felt slighted last time, but can also understand Andy's choice. He and Laura had played together before in the Hopman Cup, and played well.
Old Aug 21st, 2014, 08:06 PM   #2006
country flag pesto

Hev draws Sorana Cirstea in R1 of the US Open, with Bouchard or Govortsova lurking in R2.
Old Aug 21st, 2014, 09:16 PM   #2007
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

H2H is 3-0 in Heather's favour - two tough three setters and one retirement. Cirstea has lost 7 of her last ten matches. Definitely one of the kinder draws Heather could have wished for but Sorana is so unpredictable so nothing is a given.

Good luck, Heather! Go get that first US Open win

... for some reason.
Old Aug 21st, 2014, 09:34 PM   #2008
country flag pesto

Wow. I didn't realise she hadn't yet won a senior match at the US Open. It's about time she did!
Old Aug 21st, 2014, 10:17 PM   #2009
country flag Dawson.

Sharapova, Li and Halep in the past three years. What rotten luck!

... for some reason.
Old Aug 21st, 2014, 10:37 PM   #2010
country flag LeatherRatson

LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson. View Post
Sharapova, Li and Halep in the past three years. What rotten luck!
Very tough first rounds, although she took a set off Sharapova and Halep. I hope she can at least get to the third round this year and hopefully beyond. Cirstea and Genie are both a bit unpredictable but it's at least feasible she could beat both of them.
LeatherRatson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote