Heather's Cheering Thread - Page 132 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 5th, 2014, 01:00 AM   #1966
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all
Re: Heather's Cheering Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson. View Post
My god that was so much harder than it had to be But hey, a win is a win. Hopefully she plays better vs Cibulkova. Like, 500% better.
Haha, that's an understatement.

Should have been two simple sets, but you're right. At least she is through!
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 5th, 2014, 03:19 AM   #1967
country flag rjcdude44

rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all

Bit of a grind, but a good match today!
Let's go Hev!
rjcdude44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2014, 09:37 AM   #1968
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

Winning a tight match is a very good thing, after her worrying recent run of falling away in the third.
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 08:58 AM   #1969
country flag jankimfan

jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute

3eather Winson

Cibulkova should be beatable too...
jankimfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 08:12 PM   #1970
country flag LeatherRatson

LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future

Wins a very tight three setter. That was absolute torture but so glad Hev came through in the end, she deserves it. Now a big opportunity against Azarenka, who is in very poor form.
LeatherRatson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 08:37 PM   #1971
country flag Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of

Phew!!! That was one crazy, intense match. Heather was cruising along nicely, but just as with so many matches in the past couple of months, she tightened up at 4-1 in the second set. She began pushing the ball, rather than hitting it, and Domi started unloading on monster forehands. During the on-court coaching Veronelli told Heather to keep the ball away from Domi's forehand at all costs but it was easier said than done. Heather courageously raised her level again in the 3rd set and when she came back from 15-40 down on her serve at 4-2 to hold with two successive aces for 5-2 I thought she'd finally broken free. Not a bit of it. Domi came right back at her and though Heather had two matchpoints against her opponent’s serve at 5-4 she wasted them with tentative play.

Great that she was able to win the final set tiebreak from 0-3 down. She found her nerve when she needed it. Psychologically I think this was a huge win too. All these close three setters and her inability to finish off her opponents when she has them on the ropes must be taking a toll. If she'd lost today from a winning position again it would have been very hard to take. Instead, she's finding a way to overcome her nerves and grind her way through.

After Pennetta at Eastbourne this is the biggest scalp of her career.

Now I need a
Carl Sagan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 08:40 PM   #1972
country flag mbturner

mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice

She needs to find something with her second serve which is a liability at the moment.
mbturner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 08:51 PM   #1973
country flag Material World

Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of

That's a good win for Hev. Don't knock it. This time last year I'd have settled for where she is now. No question.

Petkovic ~ Parmentier ~ Rezai ~ Errani ~ Vekic ~ Pavlyuchenkova ~ Halep ~ Konta ~ Riske
Material World is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 09:03 PM   #1974
country flag LeatherRatson

LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbturner View Post
She needs to find something with her second serve which is a liability at the moment.
She hit two aces with her second serve. I would say the biggest liability can be her forehand, which she can hit too short and Cibulkova was just smacking them away. She did hit some good forehands today though. But her strengths are her backhand, volleys and her first serve is becoming a real weapon too to help get her out of trouble.
LeatherRatson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 09:14 PM   #1975
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Wow what a win! I'm so glad I didn't watch though, sounds absolutely torturous. Second top 20 win of her career

If ever there was a time to have another crack at Azarenka, it's now when she's rusty and out of form. Vika has won their last three meetings in comprehensive fashion - 61 61, 61 60 and 60 62.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 09:49 PM   #1976
country flag RU90

RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future

Yay, Hev! I peeked at the match in the third-set tiebreak. I can only imagine how the match went.

Last edited by RU90 : Aug 7th, 2014 at 07:22 PM.
RU90 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 12:46 AM   #1977
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all

What a rollercoaster of a match!

Good luck against Vika!
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 04:26 PM   #1978
country flag jankimfan

jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute

my goodness, she was down 0-3 in final set TB when i tuned in and then it was a completely different match...so so happy to watch both my faves winning on same day!

GL against Azarenka now
jankimfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 04:54 PM   #1979
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Fuck Yes Heather!
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 08:45 PM   #1980
country flag Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of

They were replaying the 3rd set of yesterday's epic on BT Sport during the rain delay in the Sharapova match. So, being a masochist I subjected myself to it again.

A couple of things stood out. The cross-court backhand winner Cibulkova produced off a strong drive volley from Heather at 5-6 40-30 was an absolute stunner and was an amazing way to take the set into a tie-break. It appeared to give Domi all the momentum in the world because she promptly followed up with a fizzing forehand return winner up the line on the opening point of the tie-break.

I'm still not sure how Hev managed to pull this match out.
Carl Sagan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote