Heather's Cheering Thread - Page 131 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 29th, 2014, 05:27 PM   #1951
country flag Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of
Re: Heather's Cheering Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwej View Post
Who is the woman with Heather in Baku? Has she changed coach again? That would be a real shame...!
I believe that was Gill Myburgh, Heather's fitness trainer. She also appears to have travelled with Heather to Washington, judging by a tweet. (Myburgh allegedly has the physique of a wrestler! )

Whatever, she's clearly not an ex-tennis pro and she proudly admits on Twitter that she can't hit a groundstroke. I do hope that Diego Veronelli has joined up with Heather this week. It was good for Hev to get a doubles title under her belt in Baku but the main goal is singles and she could benefit from Veronelli's input before playing Flopper.
Carl Sagan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 30th, 2014, 10:56 AM   #1952
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Flipper wins 63 16 76(3) Taking a leaf out of Konta's book with a scoreline like that. There have been a few three set losses recently. Up until Birmingham she was 5-1 in three set matches this year, now she's 5-5. Confidence issue maybe? These three setters are at a higher level than the three setters earlier in the year.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2014, 06:06 PM   #1953
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

I don't get the feeling it's such a deep-seated issue with Hev as with Jo. Maybe just a run of bad luck and a slight dip in confidence.

And maybe she needs to adjust a bit to being back at main tour level, where the matches can be pretty tough for her right from round one. It's a step up from where she was playing earlier this year, but she's been here before, so hopefully she'll be able to find a way through.
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 04:53 PM   #1954
country flag jankimfan

jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute

Hev vs Lucic today in Montreal Qualifying...Come on girl!
jankimfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 07:55 PM   #1955
country flag Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of

Heather wins 6-3 6-7 6-4.

This was nerve-wracking to follow on Live Score. Heather was leading 4-1 in the 3rd set and seemingly cruising but double-faults began creeping into her game and Lucic-Baroni caught her at 4-4. Things looked ever bleaker when Hev fell behind 0-30 on her serve (delivering her 9th DF) but she steadied the ship and managed to hold for 5-4. The pressure was back on Lucic who was broken serving to stay in the match.

Heather's obviously having a problem controlling her nerves in 3-setters at the moment. (Is the choke against Wozniak in Birmingham still preying on her mind?) But the important thing is that she came through this time, and hopefully it will give her confidence a boost.
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 07:59 PM   #1956
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Will be heavy favourite against Paszek. EWS routined her last week.
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2014, 04:25 PM   #1957
country flag Carl Sagan

6-3 6-2

Rock solid from Heather. Very impressive on serve with none of yesterday's hesitancy. No idea how Paszek played (no stream for qualies) but Heather never gave her an opening after a tightly contested first few games. Paszek had won their previous two encounters in 2011 but Heather was a class above her today.

De Brito or Knapp await in QR3!
Old Aug 3rd, 2014, 04:53 PM   #1958
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruftgesänge View Post
De Brito or Knapp await in QR3!
There's only two rounds of qualies

Possible main draw opponents vary from Ivanovic, Stosur and Koukalova to kinder draws like Tomljanovic, Zhang and a fellow qualifier.

... for some reason.
Old Aug 3rd, 2014, 05:02 PM   #1959
country flag jankimfan

jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute

Yippies!!!
jankimfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2014, 05:03 PM   #1960
country flag Carl Sagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson. View Post
Sorry, misled by the draw.

The weird thing is that Heather is into the main draw before Puig has even played her opening qualifying match. Not that I'm complaining.
Old Aug 3rd, 2014, 08:06 PM   #1961
country flag Dawson.

Especially if she draws Puig in the MD

... for some reason.
Old Aug 3rd, 2014, 08:40 PM   #1962
country flag LeatherRatson

LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson. View Post

Possible main draw opponents vary from Ivanovic, Stosur and Koukalova to kinder draws like Tomljanovic, Zhang and a fellow qualifier.
Stosur seems to be in shite form again, I think Heather could take her out... Same with Kookie.
LeatherRatson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2014, 10:55 AM   #1963
country flag Dawson.

She's drawn fellow qualifier Smitkova in round one then most likely Cibulkova in round two. Not bad. Winning one round earns 60 ranking points + 30 for qualifying.

... for some reason.
Old Aug 4th, 2014, 09:29 PM   #1964
country flag mbturner

mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice mbturner is just really nice

It's a win!
mbturner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2014, 09:30 PM   #1965
country flag Dawson.

My god that was so much harder than it had to be But hey, a win is a win. Hopefully she plays better vs Cibulkova. Like, 500% better.

... for some reason.