Heather's Cheering Thread - Page 129 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 26th, 2014, 08:54 PM   #1921
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Heather's Cheering Thread

Disappointed to hear she faded quickly after pushing a third set. I'll watch the match later hopefully.

She's still in the mixed doubles with Hutchins (1st priority TBD tomorrow but more likely cancelled due to weather), then her next singles event is the Baku Slam.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 26th, 2014, 11:03 PM   #1922
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all

I was more disappointed in the third set really.

She had the momentum, but very quickly let it go.
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 11:17 PM   #1923
country flag 4everandever

4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice

She defended great, as well as one of the best defenders in the world, Kerber.

She did not get enough first serves in to get a win against Kerber.

Hev2.0 is a great improvement, and a real contender to go very deep in a Slam one day. On World Number 9, Kerber's core game, H matched or excelled her.

But she's still the Beta version, in that she does not yet have the correct instincts of when to go for broke on the new attacking shots. Angie didn't win this match; Heather lost it, on unforced errors, often when she was in a dominant position on the court, and tried for a winner that was just a bit better than necesary, and missed.

In the first phase of Hev2.0 development, she has clearly developed enough ring-sense of when to deploy the new attacking shots to overpower players ranked 30-200. But she's very ring-rusty still against the top 30.

Now that she's back to a ranking that entitles her to regularly play them regularly, I confidently hope that she will soon develop a better feel for how much LESS she needs do to remain odds-on favourite to win a point against e.g. world number 9 Kerber.

WRT temperament, she kinda anti-choked. When the pressure was really on, at break point down, set down, 4-4 in the second set, she was unbeatable. She must have been close to some record or other for break points saved.

Then, relax, set 3, and lose easily several less-pressure games on the bounce.

Finally, it was a great match. My thanks to both girls.
4everandever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2014, 12:46 AM   #1924
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

The way she just took her foot off the gas after her epic battle to take set two was disappointing.

Kerber will have been feeling quite negative, being suddenly 1 set all, feeling as if it could have been hers, and Hev had the advantage of serving first, so had she just held serve that first game, the scoreboard pressure would have been constantly on Kerber, and the crowd would have been enthused. And Kerber can get very grumpy in those situations.

I think as soon as she lost that first game of the set, and didn't break straight back, it felt like it was over.

However. She pushed Kerber to three sets, which was actually better than I expected. Hopefully a bit of a learning experience. And her ranking continues to creep upwards.
pesto is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2014, 09:54 AM   #1925
country flag jankimfan

jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute

the first game of final set was crucial...really gutted with this loss especially since she came back in that second set and had that momentum...

Thanks to bobito for providing me with JJ avatar

Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God
jankimfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2014, 06:18 PM   #1926
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

Not a great start in the mixed with Ross...
Old Jun 27th, 2014, 06:52 PM   #1927
country flag pesto

Better now: 1-6, 6-1...
Old Jun 27th, 2014, 09:35 PM   #1928
country flag pesto

Lost it 9-7 in the third.
Old Jun 28th, 2014, 05:33 AM   #1929
country flag jankimfan

jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to bobito for providing me with JJ avatar

Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God
jankimfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2014, 02:50 PM   #1930
country flag toddsw33ney

toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice

whats heathers summer schedule????
toddsw33ney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2014, 03:18 PM   #1931
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddsw33ney View Post
whats heathers summer schedule????
Baku , Washington and probably qualifying in Toronto and/or Cincinnati

Sent from Verticalsports.com App
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 12:35 PM   #1932
country flag toddsw33ney

toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice toddsw33ney is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
Baku , Washington and probably qualifying in Toronto and/or Cincinnati

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

thank you i hope she can push for the top 40 soon
toddsw33ney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2014, 10:39 AM   #1933
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Baku draw is out!

Mladenovic in round one, who just played Istanbul SFs this week. Should be tricky as Hev hasn't played since Wimbledon.

Vekic possibly in round two. Not an easy draw at all. Also it's great seeing Hev seeded for WTA tournaments again.

Top half
1 Cirstea vs WC Jabeur
Cadantu vs Voegele
Qualifier vs WC Gaydarzhi
Peer vs 6 Meusburger
3 Rybarikova vs Qualifier
U.Radwanska vs Van Uytvanck
Piter vs Kr. Pliskova
Mayr-Achleitner vs 5 Jovanovski

Bottom half
7 Watson vs Mladenovic
Qualifier vs Vekic
Glushko vs Qualifier
Schiavone vs 4 Nara
8 Cepelova vs WC Jafarova
Parmentier vs Dulgheru
Qualifier vs Soler Espinosa
Qualifier vs 2 Svitolina
Old Jul 20th, 2014, 11:35 AM   #1934
country flag cwej

cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all

That draw couldn't be tougher for a seed than Mladenovic-Vekic-Nara-Svitolina as a route to the final, at this level. I still fancy Watson is the best player on that bottom half on form though.
cwej is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2014, 07:25 PM   #1935
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Probably the most difficult draw of all the seeds. I still fancy her chances though. Her first match is on Tuesday. Good luck, Hev

... for some reason.
Dawson. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote