Heather's Cheering Thread - Page 128 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 24th, 2014, 03:09 PM   #1906
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Heather's Cheering Thread

Composed performance today. Faced many break points but saved them all. Never really looked in danger to me. Now against Kerber in round two! Possible Centre Court?

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 24th, 2014, 03:31 PM   #1907
country flag 4everandever

4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice

They can stick it on Court 19, as far as I care, as long as it's Ursula Radwanska on the other side of the net.

They've just started playing though, and this looks unlikely.
4everandever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2014, 03:33 PM   #1908
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

I think she played well. But Kerber was pretty great in Eastbourne.
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2014, 06:48 PM   #1909
country flag LeatherRatson

LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of

Did anyone see Kerber play today? Doesn't matter how she played in Eastbourne, that loss in the final may have knocked her confidence, I am hoping...
LeatherRatson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2014, 08:28 PM   #1910

4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice

Didn't see Kerber, and only highlights of Watto, but according to match stats for both, available via this link...

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/score...s/ws/r1s1.html

Heather served faster, on both 1 + 2, (109mph!) more accurately on both, hit more winners than unforced, wasn't broken, etc, etc...

Also delighted from what I did see, that H really mixed it up, finding a great mix of occasional aggression combined with slices, drops shots, deep looping flighted teasers. She posed Ajla a far more varied set of problems than she did Keys; which had Ajla hitting some impressive home runs. Or blasting unstoppable screamers into the back of the net.
Old Jun 24th, 2014, 09:07 PM   #1911
country flag Gruftgesänge

Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of

Pleasantly surprised at how straightforward this potentially tricky first round match turned out to be. Ajla has a booming serve and a strong backhand and her game should translate well to grass. But she also has one of the worst forehands on the tour - almost as bad as Pironkova's - and it proved a massive weakness again today. Heather looked very composed and solid.

Kerber's not going to overpower Heather. The German has a very weak serve for a top-tenner but she's a rugged and determined counter-puncher. Expect lots of long, gruelling rallies!
Gruftgesänge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2014, 09:29 PM   #1912
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of

Hev! I'll watch the replay tonight.

Edit: Brilliant match! Hev 2.0 is lovely to watch.

Last edited by RU90 : Jun 25th, 2014 at 05:07 AM.
RU90 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2014, 11:37 PM   #1913
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all

Kerber will be tough. She's a very good counterpuncher, and played very well in Eastbourne.
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 07:45 PM   #1914

She's scheduled second on Centre, in a Nadal/Federer sandwich. If anybody has a chance to go, then I heard her say in an interview, "The louder, the better."

The various Kerber threads on here suggest her fans think Angie was very, very poor on Tuesday.
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 08:54 PM   #1915
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

in a Nadal/Federer sandwich.

I say!
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 05:10 AM   #1916
country flag jankimfan

jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Heather...i want another upset

Thanks to bobito for providing me with JJ avatar

Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God
jankimfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 10:05 AM   #1917
country flag vaslav37

vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice

Heather has a chance today although Kerber is Top 10 this is a potential scalp.
vaslav37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 10:14 AM   #1918
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all

She needs to attack the serve, easily weakest part of Angie's game.
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 12:03 PM   #1919
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so disappointed I'm going to miss the match But maybe it'll be better for my nerves if I don't watch

Good luck Heather!

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 08:18 PM   #1920
country flag Gruftgesänge

Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of

Mixed display by Heather. She was really out of sorts in the 1st set, trying to be aggressive but overcooking her forehand and even her normally reliable backhand was letting her down. She gradually found her rhythm in the the 2nd set, and at 4-all she held serve in a truly epic 9th game of amazing rallies in which Kerber threw everything but the kitchen sink at her. Heather hit an absolute purple patch and saved every break point with a booming forehand winner, or inspired defence.

She went on to take the set but suffered a big mental let-down at the start of the 3rd and ran out of 'purple'.

Shame. I expect she'll be thinking about 'what might have been' tonight.
Gruftgesänge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote