Heather's Cheering Thread - Page 126 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 19th, 2014, 12:47 PM   #1876
country flag 4everandever

4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice
Re: Heather's Cheering Thread

Kvitova has withdrawn, so Ever gets a bye to the semis, where she will face the winner of Keys vs Davis.

Some people are on the pitch. They think kvitova. It is now.

P.S. Does anybody know if Heather gets the ranking pointsfor a QF win?
4everandever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 19th, 2014, 12:55 PM   #1877
country flag cwej

cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all cwej is a name known to all
Pretty sure she does!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
cwej is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2014, 12:59 PM   #1878
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

WTA Ranking System
Defaults

ii A player or team who receives a walkover in any round except
the 1st round after having played and won a match shall be
awarded ranking points for the walkover from their opponent.
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2014, 04:06 PM   #1879

4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice

Heather's lifetime prize money going into Eastbourne US$981,142

PLUS

Prize money for reaching the semis finals US$34k or so

EQUALS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQvUBf5l7Vw

(Except she's clearly not a modern guy, and I should be very disappointed to hear that she's had it in the ear before, or slept on the sidewalk ever; but apart from that...)

Congatulations on reaching her first million in prizes.
Old Jun 20th, 2014, 09:24 AM   #1880
country flag jankimfan

jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Watts...

I hope she reaches her maiden final - if I'm not wrong

Thanks to bobito for providing me with JJ avatar

Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God
jankimfan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2014, 10:17 AM   #1881
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Osaka 2012

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2014, 10:32 AM   #1882
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Wimbledon

Kerber v U. Radwanska
Watson v Tomjlanovic
Matric v Dominguez Lino
Paszek v Flipkens

She'll play on Monday.

... for some reason.
Old Jun 20th, 2014, 10:33 AM   #1883
country flag jankimfan

jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute

OOps...yeah, Thx Dawson

Kerber R2

Thanks to bobito for providing me with JJ avatar

Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God
jankimfan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2014, 11:03 AM   #1884
country flag nimble kitty

nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light

Tough draw Tomljanovic could be tricky but I still think Hev is the slight favourite and should come through. Can't see her beating Kerber even if Angie hasn't had her greatest of years.
nimble kitty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2014, 11:56 AM   #1885
country flag Dawson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson. View Post
She'll play on Monday.
*Tuesday

... for some reason.
Old Jun 20th, 2014, 12:32 PM   #1886

I think it's Monday. She's in the same half as Lisicki, who kicks it off as defending womean's finalist, in the absence of Bartholi.

First Keys. I think that this one is probably on Keys' racquet; from what I've seen, she's quite capable of beating anyone, but including especially herself.

It terms of ranking points, with 305 minimum for the winner, this is the most important match of Heather's career so far.

In the next rankings, she has already got 185 points, minus 60 from Eastbourne 2013. Which means a ranking of about 60 going into the Wimblefest.

If she were to win this semi, and then lose the final, then I think her new total points is 1035 (790 +305 -60), which would take her to about 52 equal in the world. Equal that is with Ajla Tomljanovic!

Win the final here, and I will be surprised, and she goes up to about 40 in the world; pretty close to the top 20 this year.

Her Wimbledon quarter is awful; including, by ranking and imho, the toughest seed ranked 1-4, Serena, ranked 5-8, Maria, 9-12, Angelique, and 13-16, Eugenie. Getting her name pulled out of a hat at the right time is the aspect of her game that now needs the most work, I reckon.

In the meantime, her next two matches at Eastbourne are worth more to her, in the long run, than anything that can happen in Wimbledon week 1.
Old Jun 20th, 2014, 12:41 PM   #1887
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

Lisicki kicks off Centre Court on Tuesday, surely.

Murray kicks off on Monday.
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2014, 12:47 PM   #1888
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everandever View Post
I think it's Monday. She's in the same half as Lisicki, who kicks it off as defending womean's finalist, in the absence of Bartholi.

First Keys. I think that this one is probably on Keys' racquet; from what I've seen, she's quite capable of beating anyone, but including especially herself.

It terms of ranking points, with 305 minimum for the winner, this is the most important match of Heather's career so far.

In the next rankings, she has already got 185 points, minus 60 from Eastbourne 2013. Which means a ranking of about 60 going into the Wimblefest.

If she were to win this semi, and then lose the final, then I think her new total points is 1035 (790 +305 -60), which would take her to about 52 equal in the world. Equal that is with Ajla Tomljanovic!

Win the final here, and I will be surprised, and she goes up to about 40 in the world; pretty close to the top 20 this year.

Her Wimbledon quarter is awful; including, by ranking and imho, the toughest seed ranked 1-4, Serena, ranked 5-8, Maria, 9-12, Angelique, and 13-16, Eugenie. Getting her name pulled out of a hat at the right time is the aspect of her game that now needs the most work, I reckon.

In the meantime, her next two matches at Eastbourne are worth more to her, in the long run, than anything that can happen in Wimbledon week 1.
Tuesday, Lisciki opens Centre Court on Tuesday. They have officially announced it https://twitter.com/Wimbledon/status/479925020119298048
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2014, 12:52 PM   #1889

Fair enough, Tuesday it will be. Kerber has just won SF1 at Eastbourne, so Heather may just get to play her twice over the next week, or less.
Old Jun 20th, 2014, 02:10 PM   #1890
country flag Ianto_Jones

Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future

Heather drops the match to Keys 6-3 6-1. Surprised it was so straightforward. Oh well, onto Wimbledon, and we'll see how she does there.