Heather's Cheering Thread - Page 124 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 30th, 2014, 12:05 PM   #1846
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Heather's Cheering Thread

She pulled out of Nottingham today. Not surprising but I'm gutted i won't get to her her

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 31st, 2014, 10:42 AM   #1847
country flag 4everandever

4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice

Reasons to be Cheering...

Great Clay Court Season!

P13 W11 L2

Collected 285 points from 3 tournaments - average of nearly 90 per tournament. If she played 20 tournaments per year, and got 90 points per week = 1,800 points, world ranking number 26 on the current list.

On the actual WTA list, she should be around 72 in the world. She has no need to play another ITF, unless she wants to, for some time. She is near certain to make the US Open MD cut-off.

On the "Road to Singapore" list, which is a better guide to current form...

http://www.wtatennis.com/road-singles-leaderboard

...she went to Paris as WR 54, and will be about 45 when it updates - and this while demoted to the ITF, with a 2 month injury write-off, and drawing Radwanska and Halep very early in critical tournaments.

Her forehand would probably have less arm in it if her ankle weren't sprained. The new tactics are great. She just needs to get better at judging when to throw in the really agressive shots.

When Heather was diagnosed with the glandular fever, she was about 20 places above Halep in the rankings; and looking more likely to make that critical breakthrough into the top 32. Hopefully, it won't be too long before Heather is ahead again.
4everandever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2014, 11:17 PM   #1848
country flag Gruftgesänge

Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson. View Post
She pulled out of Nottingham today. Not surprising but I'm gutted i won't get to her her
That's rough, Dawson. You're referring to the 100K in the 2nd week of Rolly G, right? (Except it seems to have been demoted to a 75K this year. ) I guess Heather needs to rest her sprained ankle for a few days before Birmingham. Meantime, you'll have to make do with Jo Konta, and Naomi Broady for entertainment. Naomi first made her name posing by condom machines in nightclubs but she has a heck of a serve!
Gruftgesänge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2014, 11:25 PM   #1849
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Wolfe View Post
That's rough, Dawson. You're referring to the 100K in the 2nd week of Rolly G, right? (Except it seems to have been demoted to a 75K this year. ) I guess Heather needs to rest her sprained ankle for a few days before Birmingham. Meantime, you'll have to make do with Jo Konta, and Naomi Broady for entertainment. Naomi first made her name posing by condom machines in nightclubs but she has a heck of a serve!
It could easily be a $100k. It regularly has a better field than the $100k in Marseille in the same week. But yes my hopes are now with Konta and Broady. I've seen Broady a number of times in Nottingham, and each time I think to myself she could be doing better, especially with that serve! She seems to be doing pretty well this year though.

And I've just noticed the typo in my first post - her her *see her.

... for some reason.
Old Jun 1st, 2014, 06:27 PM   #1850
country flag LeatherRatson

LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Wolfe View Post
That's rough, Dawson. You're referring to the 100K in the 2nd week of Rolly G, right? (Except it seems to have been demoted to a 75K this year. )
That is really odd, considering it will be upgraded to a WTA event next year.
LeatherRatson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 02:03 PM   #1851
country flag Dawson.

Birmingham:

Nara [14] vs Konta [WC]
Watson [WC] vs Q
Giorgi vs Q
BYE vs Flipkens [4]

... for some reason.
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 02:34 PM   #1852
country flag nimble kitty

nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light

On the face of it a very nice draw, a good opportunity to get some big points.
nimble kitty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2014, 02:35 AM   #1853
country flag jankimfan

jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute

Nara could be some trouble with flat groundstrokes all over the court, especially that BH CC!
Hopefully, Wats will come out of this quarter.

Thanks to bobito for providing me with JJ avatar

Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God
jankimfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2014, 02:09 PM   #1854
country flag James(Y)

James(Y) is a name known to all James(Y) is a name known to all James(Y) is a name known to all James(Y) is a name known to all James(Y) is a name known to all James(Y) is a name known to all James(Y) is a name known to all James(Y) is a name known to all James(Y) is a name known to all James(Y) is a name known to all James(Y) is a name known to all

She is definitely guna draw Katy in the first round ahaha
Worn smooth from days of fertile deliberation
James(Y) is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2014, 07:45 PM   #1855
country flag nimble kitty

nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light

She drew Aleksandra Wozniak.
nimble kitty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 03:21 PM   #1856
country flag jankimfan

jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute

winnable match

for they will see God
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 12:02 PM   #1857
country flag Dawson.

Eastbourne

[6] Pennetta vs Q
Watson vs Pironkova
Zhang vs Lepchenko
Safarova vs [2] Kvitova

Trails the H2H 1-2 but her one win did come at Eastbourne in 2010. Since that match, Pironkova has gone onto reach the semis, quarters and 4th round at Wimbledon. Difficult draw but could have been a lot worse.

... for some reason.
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 06:10 PM   #1858
country flag LeatherRatson

LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson. View Post
Eastbourne

[6] Pennetta vs Q
Watson vs Pironkova
Zhang vs Lepchenko
Safarova vs [2] Kvitova

Trails the H2H 1-2 but her one win did come at Eastbourne in 2010. Since that match, Pironkova has gone onto reach the semis, quarters and 4th round at Wimbledon. Difficult draw but could have been a lot worse.
In my opinion, that is a pretty dire draw. But I think it's more important for her ranking, public interest and her own confidence that she has a good run at Wimbledon. Any wins here are a bonus.
LeatherRatson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 09:04 PM   #1859
country flag Dawson.

H2H is actually 2-2. The WTA website doesn't recognise non-world group Fed Cup ties for some reason

... for some reason.
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 02:05 AM   #1860
country flag jankimfan

tough opener...Pironkova always plays well on grass.

for they will see God